Friends
5 (10.9%)
Nostalgia
6 (13%)
Competitive
4 (8.7%)
Gameplay, Aesthetics, & Customization.
13 (28.3%)
Other reasons (You can specify in the topic)
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Why do you play Worms Armageddon?  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Kradie

Why do you play Worms Armageddon?
« on: July 02, 2018, 06:43 PM »
Yes, it is just that question. Obvious or not, do you know why? :) You've been playing this probably for 20 years more or less. What keeps you playing? Or coming back for more? Memories? The competitive aspect? Gameplay & customization? Perhaps the company of good friends? Something else? Go ahead, share :)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline WTF-8

Re: Why do you play Worms Armageddon?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 07:58 PM »
to film stuff
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:07 PM »
I voted "Other reason" because all the above are all equally important and can't sacrifice the other 2 lol.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 09:32 PM »
I voted "Other reason" because all the above are all equally important and can't sacrifice the other 2 lol.

Hmm, because of this post, I feel that this type of topic is not needed.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 09:36 PM »
Right in time Kradie, when there are maybe 10 ppl left who still play hits game, and 50% of them are moles players..

You should ask "why DONT you play Worms Armageddon" instead, that would be much more interesting question and I want see ppl comments

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 09:37 PM »
Right in time Kradie, when there are maybe 10 ppl left who still play hits game, and 50% of them are moles players..

You should ask "why DONT you play Worms Armageddon" instead, that would be much more interesting question and I want see ppl comments

Excellent question! This can be the topic! Good thinking Mr Kin!

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 09:23 AM »

Or rather "why you used to play Worms Armageddon?"  ;)

Offline philie

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 03:00 PM »
nostalgia + other reason (=i use it as drinking game)

Offline skunk3

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 08:00 PM »
I still play W:A because it is the best game ever made, period.

There's so many ways to play the game and so many skills and competencies to be developed. The game itself never gets boring... what gets boring is playing with randoms who don't know what they're doing. As long as you have skilled and cool people to play with, W:A never gets old.

I have a ton of games and nothing has the addictiveness and replay value of W:A. I have Fortnite, Rocket League, PubG, etc... all of the crap that people think is great these days and none of it was able to keep my attention for more than a week.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 12:06 PM »
W:A was the pinnacle of online gaming.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 02:55 PM »
Yeah skunk said it well, except I wouldn't waste my money on PubG or Fortnite, I really enjoyed Rocket League to but found it far too easy to get good and got bored quickly as well because I couldn't find anyone with likewise potential to learn with and other players were just idiots...

Only game I am excited for is Monster Hunter World, big fan of the series :)

Last game I got excited for was a major disappointment, Zelda BotW, I got hooked to it for about 20 hours, then suddenly became incredibly bored with the grinding, repetitive Beasts etc, the combat system was awesome, the artwork stunning, but it still wasn't unique enough, they could have made the beasts all individually themed like the temples in OoT :(

Yeah I still play my N64 tbh, any game with potential these days imo is ruined with DLC, p2w etc...

Offline Sensei

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 04:46 PM »
Not hard to answer. It's best game ever made. Amount of fun and skill grinding is out of this world.
Ppl who play 20+ years still struggle to get good in some schemes. There's just too many of different tactics and gameplays to learn and master.

I really enjoyed Rocket League to but found it far too easy to get good and got bored quickly

It really does feel like I'm going after you but it's stronger than me to not react on these kind of statements.
You aren't good in Rocket League and it's everything but easy to get really good at it.
That game is more "easy to learn, hard to master" than W:A.
There's bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, champion, grand champion rank. Each of the rank have 3 separate levels, and each of separate level have 5 divisions.

There's bunch of TUS members that plays/played it. Few of them I'm familiar with: HHC, Husky, xSniperx, Triad, Xrayez, Marian, Peja, Zexorz, Doben... Each of them probably have 200+ hrs.

I assure you - not one of them will say it's easy to get good. And probably none will say they are actually good.

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 05:07 PM »
I really enjoyed Rocket League to but found it far too easy to get good and got bored quickly
I beg to disagree
I am in Champ 1 after almost 900 hrs and I still feel like a complete noob. Believe me, there's so many things to learn about this game

To the topic at hand: WA was pretty much the only good multiplayer game I could play on my ancient laptop lol

P.S: It's 4 divisions, Sensei

Offline HHC

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2018, 05:51 PM »
RL is easy to get worse at, now that is true.  ;D

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2018, 07:19 PM »
RL is easy to get worse at, now that is true.  ;D
ye,always had to carry you :v