Friends
5 (10.9%)
Nostalgia
6 (13%)
Competitive
4 (8.7%)
Gameplay, Aesthetics, & Customization.
13 (28.3%)
Other reasons (You can specify in the topic)
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Why do you play Worms Armageddon?  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Why do you play Worms Armageddon?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 09:32 PM »
I really enjoyed Rocket League to but found it far too easy to get good and got bored quickly
I beg to disagree
I am in Champ 1 after almost 900 hrs and I still feel like a complete noob. Believe me, there's so many things to learn about this game

To the topic at hand: WA was pretty much the only good multiplayer game I could play on my ancient laptop lol

P.S: It's 4 divisions, Sensei

Your signature says Diamond and Platinum though.

Btw, I am with Komo on this one though, playing a lot does not mean you will get good at it, you can have ten times the amount of games and still be worse than someone that is trying to be good. Let's take a look at World of Tanks which I play when there are events.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Qnubis

I only have like 4k games in this game which is approx. 350 hours according to Steam. I have reached the status of Unicum, which is better than 99,9% of the players on the server. Above that rank is only super unicum which is better than 99,99% of players. Which I am not too far off. (It starts around 2900 WN8) Now if you compare this to someone that has played 10 times the amount of games like this guy:

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/jonty_2014

He has played SOOOO many more games than me, yet he is worse because he is a worse gamer over-all. I strongly believe that everyone has a hidden potential in gaming and no matter how much you play you will plateau. In any game I wanted to become good at I have managed to do that at a very high level. I think Csongi has like 1,7k hours in CS:GO and I had like 250 yet I was able to keep up with him mechanically in terms of aiming etc. I just didn't have map knowledge because I rarely play. So for example if you say Peja didn't manage to reach rank xy after z hours. I am not surprised. If Mablak played RL for 1k hours and wasn't at top level I would believe it is hard. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 09:47 PM by Anubis »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 11:33 PM »
Yeah, Anubis gets it.

Honestly Sensei, I feel like I have an ability you don't.

I can master almost anything I am interested in faster than most people can when I put my mind to it, this is simply because i'm fiercly competitive and ridiculously curious/addicted to things I enjoy, utterly fascinated!

I've played games religiously since I was a toddler, i've spent most of my life playing games and have VERY good understanding of how to adapt to any gaming enviroment/physics engine.

The controls for Rocket League are simple, and also similar to other games i've played, it's not rocket science, it's easy, all it takes is passion and practise, creativity and good reactions.

Also, the fact you even think the way you do, holds you back, you need confidence and self belief, you don't seem to have it, I do.

I can look failure in the face and accept it, learn from it, adapt and improve.

I look at you playing and honestly think you are an average player, you don't take the game anywhere near as serious as I take gaming in general, I have a good sense for finding talent/potential and you lack enough passion/dedication/seriousness to become a great player at the highest level.

I've already lost interest for Rocket League because of my experience, and I don't think I could ever get the interest back because i've already moved onto new games/experiences.

What Anubis said about map knowledge etc, knowing the layout is very crucial to most games as well.

I'm not trying to be cheeky or belittle you, it's just my perspective of things from experience.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 11:35 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline sock

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 11:52 PM »
Having fun is the fundamental reason I played for many years, and the reason I still read these forums.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 01:06 AM »
Rocket league is simple, I dont know what depth there is.  Drive your car and shoot goals.  I played 15 mins, its cool, but nothing groundbreaking.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 11:15 AM »
Anubis... One thing it is to make a result in something and give up.
But to not achieve anything at all and say: "This is too easy, I'm bored" , is something completely different.

https://clips.twitch.tv/LightWealthyPigYouWHY - this is komo.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DrabTransparentKimchiRedCoat - this is what you'd call a good rocket league player.

Before sharing that crap "i have abbility, i'm awesome.. all of you are underneath me when it comes to everything i put my hands onto" -  do something to prove it. Otherwise, I'll just be around to burst that bubble you live in.
That goes for every egotripper I stumble upon. Don't take it personally.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 11:20 AM by Sensei »

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2018, 01:14 PM »
Your signature says Diamond and Platinum though.
I didn't say I was specifically good in everything xD (it's just standard 2s and 3s I do decent at and I keep alternating between Diamond 3 and Champ 1 :<, and yes I'm a terrible 1s player xd)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 07:54 PM »
Sensei I have potential but still need practise lmao.

I never said I was good anyway just I could be.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 12:39 PM »
Anubis... One thing it is to make a result in something and give up.
But to not achieve anything at all and say: "This is too easy, I'm bored" , is something completely different.

https://clips.twitch.tv/LightWealthyPigYouWHY - this is komo.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DrabTransparentKimchiRedCoat - this is what you'd call a good rocket league player.

Before sharing that crap "i have abbility, i'm awesome.. all of you are underneath me when it comes to everything i put my hands onto" -  do something to prove it. Otherwise, I'll just be around to burst that bubble you live in.
That goes for every egotripper I stumble upon. Don't take it personally.

Well, it depends how many hours he had at that point. If that clip is from the first 20 hours or something I wouldn't see that as proof he sucks, just him being new. I have no idea about this whole RL endeavor of you and Komo and I only "brag" about games I am genuinely good at. You won't see me telling you I would master RL in a couple hours since I would not enjoy the game and thus not become passionate about it. I really dislike football, I did not even watch the World Cup at all. Seems like I didn't miss much anyway when I look at the German performance, but hey, a german CS:GO team managed to go to the finals and got 2nd place in Cologne ESL One. :D

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2018, 08:31 PM »
Well to be honest, I have 88 hours of Rocket League, but most of that was leaving the game running, maybe 20-40 hours is actual playtime, and that clip was fairly early on,  not to mention the fact it's harder to improve faster when you are playing with noobs.

If I could sit with the best in the world, if they were patient enough, I would bet my life I could be as good as them within a year, possibly even better, but that would only even work if we all got along as friends and had a similar sense of humour and values in life too.

Unfortunately this is something you will never understand Sensei, ever it seems.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:33 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 05:45 AM »
If I could sit with the best in the world, if they were patient enough, I would bet my life I could be as good as them within a year, possibly even better, but that would only even work if we all got along as friends and had a similar sense of humour and values in life too.
Lemme just give a call to Kronovi
Would you like a fine cocktail as well during your training sessions? :P

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 01:25 PM »
Just some ice cold Irn Bru will do Marian thanks :)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2018, 05:41 PM »
No Irn Bru, just no....
Nasty stuff!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2018, 05:50 PM »
No Irn Bru, just no....
Nasty stuff!
Still confused why people in scotland dont just drink scotch all the time, that's what I would be doing if i lived near the mccallan and lagavulin distilleries

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2018, 07:43 PM »
Yeah, I don't like Whiskey, or Haggis...

But i'm a true Scotsman remember? :D

My Irn Bru kilt bwahaha!

Offline skunk3

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 07:48 PM »
Yeah I supposedly 'own' a small plot of land at the Laphroaig distillery from buying so many bottles lol