Poll

why don't you play worms armageddon ?

coz Im retarted and I prefer to play fortnite
2 (2.6%)
coz no time, work, school,family, sport etc
21 (26.9%)
coz too many keyboards damaged
2 (2.6%)
coz when I come to AG, the only game I can find in 1 hour is mole...
21 (26.9%)
coz I am noob :( and the only game I can win is shoppa with CPU1
1 (1.3%)
coz I am still waiting untill 3.8 will be realised
12 (15.4%)
coz I am gay and I prefer other activities
5 (6.4%)
coz nobody left to play league and I am not interesting in for fun games
9 (11.5%)
other reason - please write
5 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: April 28, 2019, 09:48 PM

Author Topic: Why don't you play worms armageddon anymore?  (Read 14270 times)

Offline Kradie

Re: Why don't you play worms armageddon anymore?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 10:41 PM »
Don't bother Kradie. :)

How can I not bother when I believe someone's post is cynical and shallow? Things change with the times, but it's too bad that there are people that linger to a time which is passed. This does not mean one shouldn't allow themselves to begin a new and adapt with the times.

I can understand that people's memories are their pride, but they are also their weakness. With them, it prvents a person to move on from their pride. You are a prisoner of your memories,  We can long to something that made us, but we can't let it overrule our authority to become more.

You don't want to play, because it lacks the necessary ingredient for a complete experience that you once felt. It might be you who lacks the ability to add substance for a new experience.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline skunk3

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 11:00 PM »
Maybe we should sign a petition to ban Mole Shoppers?
Mole shoppa, like torn/ripped jeans on young women, is a mere fad and will disappear in a few years.

You mean yourselves.

Mole is the most strategy & tactical based game, just like chess. Everybody who doesn't enjoy it is simply a sub-human. Unless you play on a resolution higher than 1366x768. If so, then I feel sorry for you, cuz you probably suck at jumping from pixel to pixel. Streamed 1920x1080 looks like sh*t.

Bahahaha….

Mole Shopper is a joke, my friend. It is basically a noob version of regular shopper in which you don't even need rope skills, or one could look at it as a sort of dumbed-town Team17. Much of the game is total luck and randomness and requires very little strategy compared to, say, Elite or Intermediate at high levels. The reason why so many noobs play Mole is because it's so easy and basically anyone has a chance of winning regardless of personal skill.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 11:25 PM »
I never enjoyed Rocket League all that much because quite frankly it was/is boring. I wasn't bad at it. It just didn't hook me whatsoever. I had it for PS4 and played maybe 100 hours or so if I recall.

PubG might be a decent game now but when I had it, it was terrible. It was horribly unoptimized, full of game-breaking bugs, laggy, etc. I didn't see what all the fuss was about. Fortnite is a much better game IMO but even still I just don't think it's all that fun. The single player campaign stuff is far too grindy and the online battle royale mode is not only highly luck dependent, but also if you don't develop the ability to use a crapload of macros and build forts in 3 seconds, you're screwed vs. good players. When I watch gameplay footage of some players I don't even understand what is going on sometimes because they are doing things so fast that it looks like the video is sped up, but it's not. Their ability to construct elaborate fortifications while also doing normal shooter stuff is insane. I respect the skill and dedication involved but even if I was as good as they are, I'd still find the game boring ultimately.

Over the past several years I've had an extremely difficult time finding games that I like. I've been a devoted gamer all my life, starting with an Atari 2600 back around 1985, I think. The last console experience that I truly enjoyed was probably the original Xbox because that was right before everyone was online and games started getting stupid with day-one DLC, p2w, and endless grinding. Speaking of grinding, that's why I can't enjoy MMO's. I've played several, most of them really, and while some have kept my attention for longer than others, I inevitably get bored with them because there's nothing to do but grind, grind, grind. Personal skill doesn't really matter in those types of games... just what gear you have.

The sorts of games that I enjoy most are games that do not require grinding, games that are skill-based, and games that make you feel like you're "in the zone." That's why I tend to prefer older games. Modern games have great graphics and sound but they feel more like an interactive movie than a video game to me. Worms (especially W:A) has a great balance of artillery gameplay, strategy, and other skill-based competencies that players naturally develop as they play... there's basically an infinite amount of maps you can play on and while some game types are very meta and 'samey,' generally speaking each game is a different experience. However, one thing that can suck about Worms games is not having competition of your skill level or higher because if you are quite obviously better than your opponent then where's the fun? Just to practice? Personally I prefer playing against the absolute best players because I want to be pushed and challenged, whatever the scheme. Sadly, most of the best players don't even play the game anymore.

I love fighting games, arcade-style shoot 'em ups, turn-based strategy games (as long as they aren't boring and require a ridiculous amount of micromanagement like Stellaris, for example), platformers, tower defense, RPG, RTS, racing, and some sports games from time to time, especially golf. I haven't found a game in at least 2-3 years that I consider addictive, which is why I have been playing W:A again actively. I feel like most newer games don't have much replay value either due to being shallow or simply uninteresting. I sold my PS4 well over a year ago because I was basically only using it for Netflix and Hulu, as the only games on the system that I enjoyed I had already played a bunch. Resogun was one of my favorites, and I played a shitload of Worms Battlegrounds as well and pretty much demolished everyone.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 11:35 PM by skunk3 »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2018, 11:36 PM »
Don't bother Kradie. :)

How can I not bother when I believe someone's post is cynical and shallow? Things change with the times, but it's too bad that there are people that linger to a time which is passed. This does not mean one shouldn't allow themselves to begin a new and adapt with the times.

I can understand that people's memories are their pride, but they are also their weakness. With them, it prvents a person to move on from their pride. You are a prisoner of your memories,  We can long to something that made us, but we can't let it overrule our authority to become more.

You don't want to play, because it lacks the necessary ingredient for a complete experience that you once felt. It might be you who lacks the ability to add substance for a new experience.

You are right, but it doesn't change anything sadly. That's why I said don't bother. If I could I would love W:A again, but I can't because I think the majority of people are all garbage, there I said it. It's fine I don't need to play this game or like what is left. I already had my fun for more or less 12 years. Would be selfish to have it my way forever, wouldn't it? I am enjoying different games now.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 11:39 PM by Anubis »

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (◕◡◕)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 08:56 AM »
Mole shoppa, like torn/ripped jeans on young women, is a mere fad and will disappear in a few years.

You mean yourselves.

Mole is the most strategy & tactical based game, just like chess. Everybody who doesn't enjoy it is simply a sub-human. Unless you play on a resolution higher than 1366x768. If so, then I feel sorry for you, cuz you probably suck at jumping from pixel to pixel. Streamed 1920x1080 looks like sh*t.

Bahahaha….

Mole Shopper is a joke, my friend. It is basically a noob version of regular shopper in which you don't even need rope skills, or one could look at it as a sort of dumbed-town Team17. Much of the game is total luck and randomness and requires very little strategy compared to, say, Elite or Intermediate at high levels. The reason why so many noobs play Mole is because it's so easy and basically anyone has a chance of winning regardless of personal skill.

Luck based scheme? Dude, I would easily crush you in this scheme 300x times in a row. Everything is a skill over there
- hiding
- mole as a bumerang
- knowing when to steal, when to invade
- sprint across the map + parachute jumps to extreme extent
- the best possible executions, even with the worst weapons that you've got

Dude, I mean it. I will pay you 40$ if you ever defeat me in 20 games. Do you accept the challenge? It's so annoying to have ignorants like you, calling everything they don't know "Luck-Based". It's just sh*t mentality.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 10:23 AM by Zalo »

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2018, 11:22 AM »

You mean yourselves.

Bahahaha….

Luck based scheme? Dude, I would easily crush you in this scheme 300x times in a row. Everything is a skill over there
- hiding
- mole as a bumerang

Dude, I mean it. I will pay you 40$ if you ever defeat me in 20 games. Do you accept the challenge? It's so annoying to have ignorants like you, calling everything they don't know "Luck-Based". It's just sh*t mentality.

what did you expect from skunk?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2018, 02:34 PM »

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2018, 06:06 PM »
Imagine then, Zalo, how annoying is to have people like you saying that mole is the most tactical scheme when you have literally played nothing else competitively. Mole could be luck based or not, I don't think people care (out of the mole shopping community). Ever thought why the 'most tactical scheme' never made it to any serious league besides free?

Ever considered the dedication of NNN members? EA community? Do you consider their schemes don't have the RNG factor of crates? All you can think about or talk is about mole shopper, so sit there and shut up if you don't know.

@topic, I don't play often because I dislike the slow pace of mole shopping so I just play whenever people I know pm me somewhere else.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 06:11 PM by Gabriel »
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline sock

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2018, 07:50 PM »
*I don't see any teams playing roper/elite/time trial rope race/bazooka and grenade.

*Playoff games are too hard to schedule for me.

*Cup games are too hard to schedule for me.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2018, 08:03 PM »
*I don't see any teams playing roper/elite/time trial rope race/bazooka and grenade.

Honestly, when my hand itches to play a roper or rr I simply play offline. No point sitting in AG wasting time. I have even played BnG vs the AI and it wasn't that bad if you anchor them lol. And the AI doesn't even abuse sitters! :D

Offline philie

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2018, 08:34 PM »
No point sitting in AG wasting time.

a hint for not-players:
if you got time on a weekend evening, then come to ag.

f@#! the rest of the week though.

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (◕◡◕)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2018, 09:15 PM »
Imagine then, Zalo, how annoying is to have people like you saying that mole is the most tactical scheme when you have literally played nothing else competitively. Mole could be luck based or not, I don't think people care (out of the mole shopping community). Ever thought why the 'most tactical scheme' never made it to any serious league besides free?

Ever considered the dedication of NNN members? EA community? Do you consider their schemes don't have the RNG factor of crates? All you can think about or talk is about mole shopper, so sit there and shut up if you don't know.

@topic, I don't play often because I dislike the slow pace of mole shopping so I just play whenever people I know pm me somewhere else.

A really nice piece of argumentation. It's rare these days.

+1 for you
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 09:17 PM by Zalo »

Offline skunk3

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2018, 10:03 PM »

You mean yourselves.

Bahahaha….

- hiding
- mole as a bumerang

Mole shopper is no more difficult to play at a decent level than any other scheme. It is incredibly basic, in fact. I would never play 20 games of mole shopper vs. anyone because it's boring and too lucky for my tastes. I've played plenty of mole shoppers, so it's not like I don't know the scheme and how it is played. I'm not ignorant and lacking the super duper moleshop secrets to winning. Hiding, stealing, invading, chuting, etc... all of this stuff is present in many other schemes. To say that mole shopper is the most tactical/strategic scheme is ludicrous and lots of people agree. Not trying to get you pissed off or whatever because clearly you love it but that's how I view it. To me, mole is just a funner scheme to play when nobody else feels like playing something more serious in AG. There's a reason why it is so popular amongst noobs... because it is very easy to play and almost anyone has a chance of winning, especially in 4-6 player games. Random luck plays a huge part in the game whether you can recognize that or not.

@kinslayer - what are you saying? be a man, go on...

Offline sock

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2018, 10:19 PM »

Honestly, when my hand itches to play a roper or rr I simply play offline. No point sitting in AG wasting time. I have even played BnG vs the AI and it wasn't that bad if you anchor them lol. And the AI doesn't even abuse sitters! :D
I almost fell asleep reading this.

Offline sock

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2018, 10:25 PM »
No point sitting in AG wasting time.

a hint for not-players:
if you got time on a weekend evening, then come to ag.

f@#! the rest of the week though.
f@#! the other 5 days of the week? 7/5 = 1.4