Poll

why don't you play worms armageddon ?

coz Im retarted and I prefer to play fortnite
2 (2.6%)
coz no time, work, school,family, sport etc
21 (26.9%)
coz too many keyboards damaged
2 (2.6%)
coz when I come to AG, the only game I can find in 1 hour is mole...
21 (26.9%)
coz I am noob :( and the only game I can win is shoppa with CPU1
1 (1.3%)
coz I am still waiting untill 3.8 will be realised
12 (15.4%)
coz I am gay and I prefer other activities
5 (6.4%)
coz nobody left to play league and I am not interesting in for fun games
9 (11.5%)
other reason - please write
5 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: April 28, 2019, 09:48 PM

Author Topic: Why don't you play worms armageddon anymore?  (Read 14271 times)

Offline TheKaren

Re: Why don't you play worms armageddon anymore?
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2018, 03:29 PM »
I know Sbaffo, I kinda pointed that out in my post as well, although later in the post.

To be fair, I think he is right, I could be wrong... I don't know, based on my experience of the game, and watching some NNN stream stuff, even commentating on some, I think he could win 1/3 rounds against a top player, maybe not right away lol, I think I could possibly win 1 round of intermediate, yet never win a full game, but how I view this might be different from him, but i'd need more practise 1st, I don't have certain experience yet:

I say this because Zalo does have great knowledge of using weapons with great detail such as lacoste/Mablak/Husk/Korydex etc, placing dynamite etc pixel perfect and directing worms exactly where they want.

And if a situation occured with the right random placement, yeah, he could win 1/3 rounds easily, but I doubt he'd ever win a full match, until he played it and enjoyed it as much as the top players.

About Mole Shopper, I think his claim is cool, at my peak I strongly believe I could have taken anybody 10/10 BnG games, and, I could! It's definitely possible, but what someone COULD do and what actually happens is never the same lol, it's possible for me to lose, and that's the difference imo lol.

I believe he could win 1/3 rounds, I don't believe he could win 10/10 games of Mole Shopper with someone like Mablak, chuvash, the NNN guys after they played the scheme for even 1 month.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:32 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (◕◡◕)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2018, 03:30 PM »
To give you a little bit of an idea, this happened yesterday, I went out of my way to wait for Zalo to appear in AG yesterday, when he did I asked him to play some Mole Shoppers with the best player available in #AG right at the present time, do you know what he said lol...

"I just beat MyCy 7x in a row, no report anywhere"

I wanted to watch him play I don't care about statistics, I want to watch the guy who considers himself to be god at Mole Shopper, in action, so I can judge and assess for myself...

Instead he starts telling me "if you wanna see good league game there are replays... blah blah" I just logged back out at this point lol.

dude, I misunderstood you. You said sth like "Can you show me some games with the best player now?" so I thought you ask me about some recent replays on high level, I had NO CLUE you want to actually watch me live (O_o)

(you are the first person asking me for that to be honest)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2018, 03:32 PM »
dude, I misunderstood you. You said sth like "Can you show me some games with the best player now?" so I thought you ask me about some recent replays on high level, I had NO CLUE you want to actually watch me live (O_o)

(you are the first person asking for that to be honest)

Ah, ok then, no worries, that's cool, i'll come online today and watch a few if I get a chance and you are online :)

If I am gonna judge Mole Shopper(and you), I will at least put in effort, unlike most around here :P

Or even better, if you could organize some private games, with the best player you know, I could watch :)

I enjoy watching strategic schemes, but honestly i've never been able to fully focus on strategic schemes because they are so easy and boring to me personally in general, i've had some incredible turns in Elite which even highly skilled players found impressive but in general I always end up doing something silly or stupid because I lose focus lol, I can never fully concentrate and my mind always wanders, which is why I like simple things like roping/bng/darts because I can spend my time between turns talking to people, texting, watching TV etc, listening to music etc.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:43 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2018, 03:42 PM »

(you are the first person asking for that to be honest)

Ah, ok then, no worries, that's cool, i'll come online today and watch a few if I get a chance and you are online :)

If I am gonna judge Mole Shopper(and you), I will at least put in effort, unlike most around here :P

I actually gave mole shopper a try, but to my experience it felt tedious and slow. Perhaps one might say that I did not understand the game mode, and that I did it all wrong. Perhaps, but I prefer faster paced schemes, and I respect that.

To my knowledge, one do not have to play all the schemes to be & feel complete, because this is entirely subjective. It is better to play what you like, and if you want to expand your branches,, then you could. Just remember to have fun with games and people you play with.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2018, 03:45 PM »
Yeah spot on Kradie, play what you like etc, which is why I struggled to get into TTRR/Elite/Intermediate.

I actually got addicted to 2v2 Elite last year but unfortunately activity was so low it didn't last long...

And yes, that is my problem with Mole Shopper, it's too slow/tedious for me to enjoy and relax with, but watching it right now has another purpose because I am interested to learn more about the subject at hand.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2018, 03:51 PM »

So you are saying nobody would be able to beat you, in like ever? You are saying you are so good at Mole Shopper that nobody would be able to catch up if they tried?

THIS is what pisses me off about this topic Zalo, it's your sheer delusions of grandeur, claiming nobody could ever be as good as you ever, claiming Mole Shopper as the greatest although you haven't even played all the schemes available.

Man, I fully understand I am widely regarded as the GOAT BnG player... But honestly, if Asians suddenly flooded this game, you would find people like Anubis for warmer, Mablak for TTRR, Zalo of Mole Shopper, myself for BnG, Volcom in Roper, we would be as common as black and white, perhaps even be exceeded easily.

I have always believed that the only reason we had special snowflakes in W:A is because of lack of players. We managed to get really good at this game no doubt. But for everyone that stepped up in the past there would be dozens others if we had a bigger player-base. There is a saying, somewhere there is ALWAYS a bigger fish. I would bet all my belongings that our greatest players would not be the greatest if we had more players that played this game. This also means, the less competition/players you play with, the lower the chances are that you are the greatest because only through challenge and failure you can truly become the best. Nobody is trying to take away your proficiency in Mole Shopper, Zalo, but to be the greatest you would not need to prove it, people would know it.

Offline sock

« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2018, 03:52 PM »
But but but TTRR and Elite are good schemes.  :P

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2018, 04:17 PM »
Exactly Anubis!

Edit - Zalo, i'm online now, will leave snooper running for next few hours, PM me if you can play someone who is good too.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 05:02 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2018, 05:52 PM »
This is weird that I created topic who just in couple days make 10 sites and so many replies , wish you can be all so active in worms as in tus too :D   

Offline Kradie

« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2018, 06:52 PM »
This is weird that I created topic who just in couple days make 10 sites and so many replies , wish you can be all so active in worms as in tus too :D

Give me some credit too bro, I was the inspiration :P

But it's true what you said. People here spend more time on the forums than WA.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2018, 07:54 PM »
I don't lol, i've been online watching Zalo play Mole Shopper for past 1-2 hours, and chatting with him.

I played some Big RR and BnG earlier...

Some people can read & write fast btw, i've spent about 3-4 hours on WA today, about 30-60 minutes in total on TUS today.

Offline lalo

« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2018, 08:52 PM »
Gott love how Dave doesn't miss a single chance to wank at himself  ;D ;D

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2018, 09:08 PM »
Gott love how Dave doesn't miss a single chance to wank at himself  ;D ;D

And you never miss a chance to think about that ;)

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2018, 04:17 AM »
The fact that starting spawns and random crate luck determine who is going to win to such a large degree turns a lot of people off
I didn't contradict myself

because random spawns in Intermediate totally don't turn anyone off
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline skunk3

« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2018, 04:18 AM »

So you are saying nobody would be able to beat you, in like ever? You are saying you are so good at Mole Shopper that nobody would be able to catch up if they tried?

THIS is what pisses me off about this topic Zalo, it's your sheer delusions of grandeur, claiming nobody could ever be as good as you ever, claiming Mole Shopper as the greatest although you haven't even played all the schemes available.

Man, I fully understand I am widely regarded as the GOAT BnG player... But honestly, if Asians suddenly flooded this game, you would find people like Anubis for warmer, Mablak for TTRR, Zalo of Mole Shopper, myself for BnG, Volcom in Roper, we would be as common as black and white, perhaps even be exceeded easily.

I have always believed that the only reason we had special snowflakes in W:A is because of lack of players. We managed to get really good at this game no doubt. But for everyone that stepped up in the past there would be dozens others if we had a bigger player-base. There is a saying, somewhere there is ALWAYS a bigger fish. I would bet all my belongings that our greatest players would not be the greatest if we had more players that played this game. This also means, the less competition/players you play with, the lower the chances are that you are the greatest because only through challenge and failure you can truly become the best. Nobody is trying to take away your proficiency in Mole Shopper, Zalo, but to be the greatest you would not need to prove it, people would know it.
I can say with certainty that there are great Worms players who do not play W:A. Sure, they might struggle if they switched to W:A due to mechanical differences but their basic Worms skills and knowledge are at least on par with good W:A players. I've also noticed that when it comes to WMD in particular there is a number of Asian players and I don't know what their Worms background is, but some of them are pretty darn good. In fact, I lost a ranked game a couple of weeks ago to some Chinese guy I've never heard of. I too believe that there's plenty of people out there who could be tremendous Worms players if they only knew about the game and/or practiced enough to excel. However, I don't think that W:A is likely to see a new legend spring forth from the newer generation of players for multiple reasons. (Lack of active high-level players, lack of competitive push, small player base, noob schemes, people losing interest, et al...)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:28 AM by skunk3 »