Poll

why don't you play worms armageddon ?

coz Im retarted and I prefer to play fortnite
2 (2.6%)
coz no time, work, school,family, sport etc
21 (26.9%)
coz too many keyboards damaged
2 (2.6%)
coz when I come to AG, the only game I can find in 1 hour is mole...
21 (26.9%)
coz I am noob :( and the only game I can win is shoppa with CPU1
1 (1.3%)
coz I am still waiting untill 3.8 will be realised
12 (15.4%)
coz I am gay and I prefer other activities
5 (6.4%)
coz nobody left to play league and I am not interesting in for fun games
9 (11.5%)
other reason - please write
5 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: April 28, 2019, 09:48 PM

Author Topic: Why don't you play worms armageddon anymore?  (Read 14273 times)

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (◕◡◕)/
    • View Profile
Re: Why don't you play worms armageddon anymore?
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Komo, First of all, Why are lying that it was 3-2 with Yakuza? It was 3-1, when I was watching England Croatia, also together with you, we were both commentating on the match. It just shows how little you watched our games or you simply didn't care to do so. It's easy for you to say how "you would do things different" and yet you wouldn't win a single game, why? because your imagination of what it takes to win it is pretty inaccurate. Moreover, you imagination about Mablak or Random00 is higher than in reality (I admit Random00 smashed people in TUS Elite these few years ago). That is why players like HuSH tried to "give me some lessons" in Tus Mole while losing 2x times in a row against me.

I'm sorry but Mablak or Random00 would easily lose against me. End of Story. Prove me wrong. Random00 had the same obsession about TUS Elite. I have no problem with that, It might be even more strategic than Mole at times. What I am saying is that in Mole you don't win by accident and Random00 would need to practice for months to be able to win.

There are only 2 people that can defeat me in 5 games - Darmin and Magnus
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:54 PM by Zalo »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Well i've sat and watched about 4 hours worth of Mole Shopper

I still haven't finished watching, I still want to watch at least another 10 hours

Fooken masochists

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2018, 05:17 PM »
And the awards for the most self-entitled prick goes to

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2018, 05:35 PM »
What about me? :(

I am probably one of the top 10 bungee experts. But none gives a shit about bungee schemes lol.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #169 on: July 13, 2018, 05:37 PM »
Ofc you're top10, when bungee is played by 8 ppl haha :D

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #170 on: July 13, 2018, 05:42 PM »
What about me? :(

I am probably one of the top 10 bungee experts. But none gives a shit about bungee schemes lol.

Because you haven't made any topic about it yet. What are you waiting for???? 11!1!4?1

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2018, 05:52 PM »
So much ignorance and exaggeration in your post Zalo lol...

Komo, First of all, Why are lying that it was 3-2 with Yakuza?

It was 3-1, when I was watching England Croatia, also together with you, we were both commentating on the match.

I already edited my post to correct that, and I even said sorry, but you have your head so far up your own ass you didn't notice.

It just shows how little you watched our games or you simply didn't care to do so.

That just shows you only support your own perception and theories on life.

I saw everything I needed to see lol, I told you I missed the 1st few games because I was busy, and if I didn't care why would I spend my own time in my life watching your games?

I am like the only person in this thread who is trying to support you here, apart from Magnus obviously.

It's easy for you to say how "you would do things different" and yet you wouldn't win a single game, why? because your imagination of what it takes to win it is pretty inaccurate.

I never said I would do things differently, you pulled that out of thin air.

I know I wouldn't win a single game, why? Because you are better than me and I honestly find Mole Shopper such a boring and talentless scheme to play, i'd rather have my heart broken by my ex again than even THINK about taking this scheme seriously as a player.

I do however, enjoy watching it as a spectator, because you are a very good player and I enjoy watching passionate people do something they love, specially when they are good at it :)

Moreover, you imagination about Mablak or Random00 is higher than in reality

Is it? They have actually proven themselves over many many years how good they are at this game in general, you, have not, that's a simple fact.

I honestly think you are just a little bit jealous because the scheme you love is unpopular and nobody cares, I know that feeling trust me, I absolutely loved Darts, even more than BnG, but nobody cared about it...

I'm sorry but Mablak or Random00 would easily lose against me. End of Story. Prove me wrong.

I have no doubt, at this current stage, you would beat Mablak/Random00.

However to add that keyword "easily", you are acting stupid and ignorant, literally the 2 best players of all time(voted constantly by actual players, and have statistics to back it up), and you say that about them lol...

You really have visions of grandeur dude...

What I am saying is that in Mole you don't win by accident and Random00 would need to practice for months to be able to win.

So, it took you years to get as good as you are, yet even admit it would only take Random00 a few months to beat you lol.

That's cool :)

There are only 2 people that can defeat me in 5 games - Darmin and Magnus

Yeah and if they can, Random00 & Mablak, and countless other players, probably could as well with a little bit of practise.

And the awards for the most self-entitled prick goes to

That could be anybody in this thread ahahaha :D

Offline skunk3

« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Here we go again... -__- just play against me, I will poke you today on #AG. Why are we even wasting time here.

Also, I've noticed that in various Mole schemes there is a lot of inconsistency (as mentioned previously) and the cluster bombs in particular are stupidly OP. In fact, I just finished a game a few minutes ago in which it was even until the guy got 3 clusters in a crate and then proceeded to kill 3 of my worms on 3 subsequent turns, leaving me at a huge disadvantage that I eventually couldn't overcome due to the fact that even though I had turn advantage, the guy got wayyyyy more crates than me and had a bunch of noob weapons like super sheep, homing pigeon, etc. I couldn't hide high, I couldn't hide low.

That proves to me that you just suck at hiding, you can survive even banana if you know how to hide and be ready for the worst... you died from clusters? Please, they barely take 70-80hp if you know how to hide well.

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-201856/ <-- 2nd round, 12:55, an example of surviving a banana simply because of a good hide. My worm survived even though it wasn't even fully healthy.

I also couldn't move every single worm into a position in which they weren't likely to get killed by clusters.

Now you are just being ridiculous... You simply didn't know how hiding works.

The game in which my opponent got the clusters wasn't a TUS Mole match. It was somewhere inbetween TUS and HB Mole. The clusters were doing well over 200 damage per shot, which was enough to one-shot any of my worms. As soon as he got the clusters he used one on every turn for 3 turns. (By this point in the game there were plenty of tunnels / links so that we could reach each other and until the clusters came into play it was just simple back-and-forth stuff.) I had no way of knowing that he had clusters until he used the first one, and there's no way that I can move all of my worms into a position into which they are the least likely to get one-shotted by clusters. Also, being "good" at hiding means what, exactly? When one is playing a mole game in which clusters are superpowered there really aren't any good hides. You only think in terms of the TUS Mole scheme.

As far as surviving bananas, that's more luck than anything... basically as long as your worm can get knocked out of the way via the first explosion you can avoid taking further damage from the banana clusters. If that doesn't happen there's a good chance that your worm is dead, and having a "good hide" is total bullshit. There is no such thing as a "good hide" from weapons like bananas if your opponent can reach you. The same thing applies to crazy powerful clusters. Not only can they do huge amounts of damage, but they often destroy enough terrain that at least 1 turn's worth of digging is required to put the worm back into a strategic position IF the worm survives. There is no such thing as being "good" at hiding in Mole because as long as your opponent can reach you, they are capable of inflicting a ton of damage as long as they have had decent crate luck.

As far as using girders as aiming tools... in BNG we require that players reset their shot every turn and also notching is highly frowned upon. You are expected to be able to consistently hit your opponent using your knowledge and skill of the game. Using a girder as an aim assist for the mole is lame IMO because unlike something like, say, laser sight... the girders are infinite so you can use them as a visual reference for aiming your mole shots EVERY SINGLE TIME rather than just using your own skills. Using girders as aim tools doesn't really work for items like zooks and nades, but let's just say that it does for the sake of example. Would it be allowed? Maybe, but not likely. Would it be looked at with derision, just like notching? Probably. Making an accurate zook or nade shot is more difficult than using the mole as well. Using girders as aim tools for the mole means that players can ensure that their moles dig *exactly* where they want them to basically every single time, whereas if left to their own judgment and skill, they wouldn't be nearly as accurate. I wouldn't mind people using girders like once or twice in a match as an aim assist but to be able to use them every time if they want? That's bullshit.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 06:19 PM by skunk3 »

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2018, 06:20 PM »
Boredom and girderblocks, yea, the first and only ragequit i made was after i got blocked three times in a row in the mole cup game vs. Scully (hi, Michael).

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2018, 06:23 PM »
I honestly think you are just a little bit jealous because the scheme you love is unpopular and nobody cares, I know that feeling trust me, I absolutely loved Darts, even more than BnG, but nobody cared about it...

Komo... komo komo komo... then why all the people joke now that Tus is basically Mole Website now? why in the survey Mole is described as "the only scheme that can be found here"

You are just being dellusional calling it unpopular

Xan, yes, it's not for everybody, that I agree.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 06:38 PM by Zalo »

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2018, 06:24 PM »
Ofc you're top10, when bungee is played by 8 ppl haha :D

Ofc 8, because it's super complicated and boring. No one have that stamina to play bungee. :D

Because you haven't made any topic about it yet. What are you waiting for???? 11!1!4?1

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2018, 06:33 PM »
I seriously think of starting to boot ppl from a funner aerial games when they use girders to block opponent's worms.

That's probably most annoying thing in W:A. Can understand jetcids, telecids, turn advantage piles...
But girders! Yack.

Causes me more butthurt than a prod kill.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Komo... komo komo komo... then why all the people joke now that Tus is basically Mole Website now? why in the survey Mole is described as "the only scheme that can be found here"

You are just being dellusional calling it unpopular :)

Because TUS basically is a Mole website now lol, and Mole Shopper IS unpopular compared to other competitive schemes in the past 20 years including Worms 2.

Sure, Mole is one of the most popular schemes on Worms currently, that's because most people left Worms and it's all that's left lol, THAT is why you are delusional, because you can't see it.

You aren't just delusional, you don't even know history lol.

Also, please don't let this convo distract our friendship, I had a great time watching and chatting with you on game
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 06:40 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2018, 06:41 PM »
Mole is one of the most popular schemes on Worms currently, that's because most people left Worms and it's all that's left lol, THAT is why you are delusional, because you can't see it.

You aren't just delusional, you don't even know history lol.

I have been playing from 1999 since I got my first WA demo, with small breaks up to 2007. I haven't been on TUS but I do know the history of this game. So ffs, sit down in the place where you belong. I returned in the beginning of 2013. Mole simply seemed to fit the way I always wanted to play this game.

Is it? They have actually proven themselves over many many years how good they are at this game in general, you, have not, that's a simple fact.

just fk off Komo, 100x tus games won in a row, 3x cups with 3 golds, 32x players / cup and I still haven't proven myself to you? and who the fk u think you are? have you achieved anything to say that I haven't.

My point for f*cks sake wasn't to show that nobody can defeat me, but the fact that mole is not luck based scheme, and that you can win multiple times without the factor of luck. Something you totally lost track of in your delluded logic. Watching football matches is something that works better for you, at least you know what's the score is.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2018, 06:50 PM »
I saw people beat you though, and they are extremely amateur compared to players like Mablak/Random00, you can win "best of" series, but you cannot win every single Mole Shopper.

Yes, Mole shopper fits, and it's what you enjoy, that's not the point.

100x tus games won in a row, 3x cups with 3 golds, 32x players / cup and I still haven't proven myself to you?

You are continuing to prove my point.

Everybody KNOWS you are the best Mole Shopper player, but that is ALL you are, a Mole Shopper player... Mablak and Random00 are the best OVERALL players of Worms Armageddon, that means they know the game mechanics, and have proven themselves to be smarter at strategic schemes, than everybody else that ever existed on this game.

That they could play Mole for a few months and equal you, then play for longer, and become better than you.

You are the best Mole Shopper player, that is a TINY achievement when we look at the bigger picture, which is the whole point of this debate, that you continue to ignore.