Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:13 PM

Poll

More active on WA when 3.8 comes?

Absolutely!
13 (32.5%)
I guess I will have a look and play a few games, but after I will go back to whatever I was doing before.
6 (15%)
WA is dead/dying it doesn't matter what they bring to it.
7 (17.5%)
Maybe.
14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Will you be more active on WA when 3.8 comes?  (Read 6837 times)

Offline Kradie

Will you be more active on WA when 3.8 comes?
« on: June 09, 2020, 10:28 PM »
Yeah, I am curious, will you play or be more active when 3.8 gets released?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

Re: Will you be more active on WA when 3.8 comes?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 03:20 AM »
I'd personally would hype for the 4.0 instead of 3.8 since 3.8 is too freaking insistent over the TUS forums. After all, if W:A will gain WWP Mission support in 4.0, I would make my Mission Rampage edition (based on WWPR) of the Ultimate Worms Project story build (based on W:A) obesolete. I personally am active as is (very active) on 3.7.2.1 already.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 03:44 AM by Shadow-The-Worm »
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 03:54 AM »
3.8 will fix all the annoying compatibility issues people have with Windows 10. It makes Windowed mode standard and Rubberworm built in so there's no more annoying tinkering or downgrading needed out of the box. Also tons of nice features and extras. That is all we will ever really need or should expect and I feel very lucky that it's happening (.gif).

Over 15 years or whatever it has been, "4.0" has ballooned into a completely ridiculous fantasy. Wayy too many features and "complete rewrites" planned.. it's not realistic whatsoever at this point, at least as laid out at https://worms2d.info/4. Also the 4.0 progress meter at wormsng.com hasn't moved in like 10 years and last I heard coding hasn't even started for it. But version 3.8 has also expanded to include many nice things originally planned for 4.0.

I do plan to play more once 3.8 is released! Good poll.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 04:58 AM »
Over 15 years or whatever it has been, "4.0" has ballooned into a completely ridiculous fantasy. Wayy too many features and "complete rewrites" planned.. it's not realistic whatsoever at this point, at least as laid out at https://worms2d.info/4. Also the 4.0 progress meter at wormsng.com hasn't moved in like 10 years and last I heard coding hasn't even started for it. But version 3.8 has also expanded to include many nice things originally planned for 4.0.
Stop lying, the progress @ wormsng has actually moved recently :p

Offline lovEvilution

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 08:33 AM »
Yes, I will be much more active trying out all the new rubberworm options!

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 09:46 AM »
3.8 will fix all the annoying compatibility issues people have with Windows 10. It makes Windowed mode standard and Rubberworm built in so there's no more annoying tinkering or downgrading needed out of the box. Also tons of nice features and extras. That is all we will ever really need or should expect and I feel very lucky that it's happening (.gif).

I do plan to play more once 3.8 is released! Good poll.

I swear to Godcat, you are just as obessed with 3.8 and hateful towards 4.0 as the most of this community. You are trying to pillage W:A 2 minor digits away from 3 and 8 just like you try to pillage newer games. Look at you, puny regularities, you are just built on obession and hate.  The "ridiculous fantasy" claim even proves that you are obessed with only one Worms game and only one awalted patch. You are an egoistic being just like most other people - walting for one freaking update, which doesn't bring the things that WWPR offers: multiplayer missions are isolated with your claim. I don't give a damn about compatiablity - after all, we have VirtualBox and VMWare for the job. You are just lazybones for a freaking Virtual Machine which can solve problems related to compatiablity by an older version of Windows, ex XP. I don't think we'll have the rad stuff from the offical freeware for a game so similar to W:A, and yet, so isolated due to your egoism and pessimism. You are just a no to work and a yes to wit. D.I.Y. then. Who am I? Your puppet? No, I am your monolith.
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 12:34 PM »
We're probably forgetting the inconvenience of playing without favourite WormKit moduels due to staying on the same version for a few years. Let's see how many would break and how much of an impact it would make.

3.8 will fix all the annoying compatibility issues people have with Windows 10
Then Windows updates and you get all of that back and more!
(There were Win10-specific compatibility issues? I've heard primarily Linux stuff)

[3.8] is all we will ever really need
Yeah who the hell needs in-game kicking and a long list of other things.

new rubberworm options
They aren't new and they won't even be RubberWorm options at that point, just base game options.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Kradie

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 01:06 PM »
[3.8] is all we will ever really need
Yeah who the hell needs in-game kicking and a long list of other things.
In game kick module is useful and should be default for all that hosts. It is not meant to serve as a troll tool, but rather a troll remover. How many times have games been broken because of an incompatible anomaly? A lot, and at those times having a kick tool would had been useful.

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 04:44 PM »
I am American Boot and I'll crash YOUR 3.8!
I am Painis Cupcake and I'll make you regret threatening 4.0.
I am Polish Soldier and I'll make your Armageddon obession go away.

Offline StepS

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 07:18 PM »
They aren't new and they won't even be RubberWorm options at that point, just base game options.

There are many new options not seen before in any WK module.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2020, 12:48 AM »
Personally I think 3.8 should have been released at least 2-3 years ago to have any chance of redeeming activity.

I mean, I do still play casually from time to time, but I don't think i'll ever be 8+ hours a day active again simply because there aren't enough people playing Clanners and competitive things I actually like, if I could jump into AG and get a clanner pretty much any time of any day, or if the Darts community became incredibly active again, i'd become active again.

Which actually sucks, I got the news 3.8 would be releasing a while back and my heart actually sunk slightly because I didn't get excited, it was simply an acknowledgement :(

So I voted maybe.

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2020, 08:43 AM »
No idea what 3.8 even does so nope still won't be back
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline Kradie

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2020, 10:17 AM »
No idea what 3.8 even does so nope still won't be back
What's wrong with you? It's here. ::) Heck it's even on main page  ;D
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/worms-armageddon-3-8-0-changelog-sneak-peek-32238/

Offline rU`

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2020, 03:48 PM »
Yes, definitely.

Also, I noticed a bunch of newcomers but they're playing dumb schemes and avoiding "regular players" . Tus community should be more advertised because what this game needs is new generations with true passion.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2020, 06:26 PM »
Yes, definitely.

Also, I noticed a bunch of newcomers but they're playing dumb schemes and avoiding "regular players" . Tus community should be more advertised because what this game needs is new generations with true passion.
sorry but you would be like a Bible salesman for them xd