Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:53 PM

Poll

More active on WA when 3.8 comes?

Absolutely!
13 (32.5%)
I guess I will have a look and play a few games, but after I will go back to whatever I was doing before.
6 (15%)
WA is dead/dying it doesn't matter what they bring to it.
7 (17.5%)
Maybe.
14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Will you be more active on WA when 3.8 comes?  (Read 6836 times)

Offline lovEvilution

Re: Will you be more active on WA when 3.8 comes?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2020, 11:16 PM »
I agree 100% with ru. We need a BEGINNERS START here button. With a quick guide on how to get involved. And anything a TUS player is in Anything Goes we should have a generic text we submit into the general chat to try and draw new players in. The TUS and ONL leagues are what hooks people and gets them to come back. If we don't start now are beloved game will be dead soon.

Maybe the text reads : "Hi wormers! Did you know WA has a brilliant vast community and ranked league called TUS? We play 8 different schemes, seasons last 3 months long, and we even have Worms Olympics with cash prizes! TUS is what has held WA together for the last 10 years. If you enjoy this game don't miss out on all the fun TUS players are having! Join us at tus-wa.com/new-members!"

Then the link could be a simple, easy way to get started in TUS.

I also think all TUS players should put the TUS tag in their name as it might make new players curious.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 07:04 AM »
You can't actually believe that this update or any update will bring back activity? Nice to have for anyone that still plays but the games isn't going all of a sudden get a massive stable increase in players. W:A has been been stretched to its limits, just like Komo's arse.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2020, 02:31 PM »
You can't actually believe that this update or any update will bring back activity? Nice to have for anyone that still plays but the games isn't going all of a sudden get a massive stable increase in players. W:A has been been stretched to its limits, just like Komo's arse.
WA isn't stretched to its limits. It's a phenomenal milestone that it's alive today. You can't say that a lot about other games that STILL receive updates, and with an active user base. I think the update could increase activity, by how much is yet to be seen. Only steam charts will tell.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2020, 02:27 PM »
I can assure you, my arse has plenty stretching left to do, Komo doesn't believe in limits  ;)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2020, 06:09 AM »
i guess ill play here and there but 3.8 isnt going to get me online more often

Offline Korydex

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2020, 04:40 AM »
i guess ill play here and there but 3.8 isnt going to get me online more often
Sad but true...

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2020, 02:38 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:43 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2020, 02:53 PM »
I have to admit, some of these replies saddens me a little and here is why; Does anyone of this community appreciate the work & time put into developing 3.8? If DeadCode & Co, wouldn't had bother with anything, WA would probably be less active as it is now, perhaps just a fan game for some die hard fans. Still, for years people have been complaining on and on  that the next update is taking so long, and now when it is right around the corner, people don't care? The hell? 
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2020, 04:07 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:43 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2020, 11:07 PM »
Of course we appreciate their effort, I think most people think them as 2 of the greatest legends involved with Worms Armageddon.

Truth is though, 3.8 took too long and by the time it's came about most of the active community here has moved on, I think there is still a big player base, but it's nothing like what it used to be, competition doesn't exist in the form it used to.

Who can blame these days, with all the shit they've been brainwashed in the past 10 years, not wanting to play a 21 year old game that doesn't have shit you can waste your money on lol.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2020, 01:33 AM »
I think 3.8 will have a big impact on WA. More new players will stay, old players will come back. There will be some degree of a snowball effect. I just don't want to celebrate it too hard until I can actually download and play it. A changelog isn't a downloadable update, and an announcement isn't either. Team17 is well capable of dragging their heels indefinitely approving the patch. They may want to wait until after Worms 2020 is released.. either for manpower or for sales reasons.

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2020, 03:54 AM »
I think 3.8 will have a big impact on WA. More new players will stay, old players will come back. There will be some degree of a snowball effect. I just don't want to celebrate it too hard until I can actually download and play it. A changelog isn't a downloadable update, and an announcement isn't either. Team17 is well capable of dragging their heels indefinitely approving the patch. They may want to wait until after Worms 2020 is released.. either for manpower or for sales reasons.
Nah, 3.8 can suck its Dic Soupcan! The underrating of Russians in Worms Armageddon is what makes you a sin-filled person, just like the rest of 3.8 patch fans. Underrate Wormix players instead, they are far worse than your favorite country of blame (Russia) in Worms Armageddon. They want high ratings, are far more quitty with and far more offensive to low-rating/low-arsenal partners. I only have 98 Rating in Wormix and that's the main reason I get quitters and offenders in Zombie Awakening game mode matchmaking in that said game (Even Rafka is better than Wormix players, despite my hatred being directed upon him after the 2019-2020 year showdown againist him). Respect Russians in WORMS ARMAGEDDON, underrate them in WORMIX.
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline StepS

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2020, 08:54 AM »
To judge something from the changelog (which is quite outdated now and missing several things) is one thing, but to try it is something very different.
Even if you don't take into account all the extended scheme options, you will still want to launch the game every now and then due to how incredibly smooth the ninja rope now is. (especially on 144 Hz, but even on just 60 Hz the difference is huge)
Also, Deadcode isn't stopping any time soon and is expecting to start pushing many smaller updates that will take months rather than years.

Also, as announced previously on Discord, I will be sponsoring several Worms contests after the release of 3.8:
  • Worms Scheme Contest 2020 - starting with a $200 prize pool with the possibility of more contributions
  • Worm Olympics (Summer/Fall/Winter - TBD) - there will be a prize pool and everyone will be able to win a % based on performance. The tournament will feature brand-new schemes from 3.8. More details later when it's 100% finalized.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 08:57 AM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline DENnis

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2020, 10:11 AM »
To judge something from the changelog (which is quite outdated now and missing several things) is one thing, but to try it is something very different.
Even if you don't take into account all the extended scheme options, you will still want to launch the game every now and then due to how incredibly smooth the ninja rope now is. (especially on 144 Hz, but even on just 60 Hz the difference is huge)
Also, Deadcode isn't stopping any time soon and is expecting to start pushing many smaller updates that will take months rather than years.

Also, as announced previously on Discord, I will be sponsoring several Worms contests after the release of 3.8:
  • Worms Scheme Contest 2020 - starting with a $200 prize pool with the possibility of more contributions
  • Worm Olympics (Summer/Fall/Winter - TBD) - there will be a prize pool and everyone will be able to win a % based on performance. The tournament will feature brand-new schemes from 3.8. More details later when it's 100% finalized.

Very nice & thank you very much, StepS <333

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2020, 11:30 AM »
due to how incredibly smooth the ninja rope now is
inb4 oldschoolers boycot 3.8 because the rope doesn't feel the same anymore
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural