Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:50 PM

Author Topic: WK Concept: wkDegenerationX  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Ytrojan

WK Concept: wkDegenerationX
« on: January 27, 2018, 08:09 PM »

This concept is for wkDegenerationX, which is supposed to be the spiritual successor to Project X (thus the name).

Basically, it should have the same PX libraries, map customizing, and scheme making.

It also needs script support, and (likely) backwards compatibility with PX (and possibly the Fiddler) schemes.

Plus, it should include a mission editor (which the missions created come after the default missions in the story mode).

Not to mention, it should have a Silkworm-like script (in the chat [like /arrows]), essentially making it also the spiritual sucessor to Silkworm.

However, it isn't without its challenges.

For one, someone will have to make it work on 3.8.

This could rule out some PX Backwards Compatibility, and may very well mean that wkDegenerationX will merely be the Silkworm-like part.

Also, I don't know how to make a WormKit module.

Since PX is closed source, that would basically be bad news for me.

Still, I have hopes for this project.

Remember: Try to start off with the Silkworm-like stuff, then implement the PX-like stuff in updates.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
Re: WK Concept: wkDegenerationX
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 02:40 AM »
Are you gonna do it ?

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 06:11 AM »
I think he wants someone else to fur fill his demands.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 11:25 AM »
the author of PX is inactive and PX itself is closed source. No chance, buddy.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 12:54 AM »
OK, so maybe I'll have to change a few things.

-Some PX-specific features shouldn't be implemented, especially if they require PX source code.
-It'll be merely Constipated Silkworm for 3.8, although the plan is to eventually mutate it into the Fiddler for 3.8.
-Scripts will have to be in a different language, IF implemented (which could complicate PX ports)
-StepS should try to get the PX source code (if the creator of PX hasn't died yet)-I'll have to teach myself how to program

Remember: I didn't say that ALL of the features would be implemented
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:08 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 07:07 PM »
OK, so maybe I'll have to change a few things.

-Some PX-specific features shouldn't be implemented, especially if they require PX source code.
-It'll be merely Constipated Silkworm for 3.8, although the plan is to eventually mutate it into the Fiddler for 3.8.
-Scripts will have to be in a different language, IF implemented (which could complicate PX ports)
-StepS should try to get the PX source code (if the creator of PX hasn't died yet)-I'll have to teach myself how to program

Remember: I didn't say that ALL of the features would be implemented
just a few small details to work out

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 11:13 AM »
lol