Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:07 PM

Author Topic: wkKick38  (Read 10374 times)

Offline StepS

Re: wkKick38
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2020, 09:50 PM »
I don't believe you, Rafal should had been banned years ago, I insist.
There were complaints about Rafal and he was banned. I have not seen any complaints about him since his last ban.

My whole point was: the game's maintainers insist on having disputes resolved properly rather than abusing in-game mechanics, even for allegedly good purposes. I did not invent these guidelines. There will never be an in-game kicking functionality in the game or in HostingBuddy. Feel free to contact CyberShadow/Deadcode/KRD and voice your disagreement if you believe that it is valid for someone to be given such power.
(If you ask me, I personally would have preferred a majority-vote mechanism)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 10:12 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Kradie

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2020, 11:20 PM »
Vote to kick would be ideal. And maybe vote to restart, and vote to skip :o
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline raffie

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2020, 04:18 PM »
usage: /kick nickname

I kinda preferred the way KawooshKick worked where you typed /kick 1 for the first player in the list. Some players may have annoyingly long usernames to have to type over or even have characters not readily available on some keyboards.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2020, 11:30 PM »
Does it show that you kicked someone from a game? If so, can it be shown as disconnect only?

What a clown :)

I kinda preferred the way KawooshKick worked where you typed /kick 1 for the first player in the list. Some players may have annoyingly long usernames to have to type over or even have characters not readily available on some keyboards.

I thought it's acting the same as kawooshkick. Yeah, that was better.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 11:34 PM by Sensei »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 01:15 AM »
Does it show that you kicked someone from a game? If so, can it be shown as disconnect only?

What a clown :)

I thought it's acting the same as kawooshkick. Yeah, that was better.
You still keep pursuing me everywhere I go? I'm not interested  :(
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline philie

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2020, 11:18 PM »

hit the f key for "pm player_with_some_stupid_long_name". remove the /msg. type /kick.

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2020, 09:40 AM »
I didn't know it's kinda illegal from T17's point of view, but it's still very useful when someone disobeys the game rules trying to break the game for others...

*edit*

...fails to load with CD-v3.8 and win7 x64:

« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:31 AM by GrO »

...even the Light needs a background, or some dirt, to become visible... ...

Offline DENnis

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2020, 11:25 AM »

*edit*

...fails to load with CD-v3.8 and win7 x64:

Same (fails to load with CD-v3.8 and win7 x64) here, too  :( :(.

I like to show people how to play, but sadly there are trolls who just hate everybody and destroying some games, so it is important to have a kickmodule.

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2020, 09:41 AM »
...terion, you're gonna try to fix it, you're able to or you just wanna leave it as it is?

Offline terion

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2020, 10:33 AM »
...terion, you're gonna try to fix it, you're able to or you just wanna leave it as it is?
if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

your pc is missing Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes (2015-2019) - here is a link to all-in-one installer: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/
btw, WA's warning message should be made more clear about the cause of error 0x7E to avoid confusion. ideally, it should list all missing DLL dependencies and suggest to try installing msvc runtimes, madshi's madCodeHook. If you ever stumble over similar issue, try running Dependency Walker https://www.dependencywalker.com/ to identify missing libraries.

regarding other issues:
- you can kick players with stupid-long nicknames by pressing F1-F6 keys and replacing /msg with /kick. adding /kickX is a trivial task and the module is open source, so feel free to implement it
- a voting mechanism is a really good idea in general (for example to trigger a sudden death mode, force some player AFK, add weapon ammunition for all teams, change scheme options, etc.), but voting algorithm itself might be quite complex to implement to cover all edge cases (players quitting, rate limiting, messaging protocol). if anyone is interested, I can expose API to read json chat messages, so voting communication can be implemented
- the module kicks players instantly - it should send a message that player is being kicked, spawn a new thread that waits for 5 seconds and only then kick the player
- in my opinion this functionality should come standard with base game to avoid shitty kick module implementations like this. WA players are grown up men and let them decide whether it is just to kick players from their games

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2020, 01:54 PM »
...from the feedback it looks like it runs fine with the steam release and the problems appear with the cd release only, so naturally I assumed there's something there that can be fixed...

...and I just got used to the fantastic KawooshKick module, which is well optimized, doesn't require to install any 3d party software like the visual c++ runtimes and it's even easier to kick some abuser with a simple /kick# command.

your pc is missing Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes (2015-2019) - here is a link to all-in-one installer: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/
btw, WA's warning message should be made more clear about the cause of error 0x7E to avoid confusion. ideally, it should list all missing DLL dependencies and suggest to try installing msvc runtimes, madshi's madCodeHook. If you ever stumble over similar issue, try running Dependency Walker https://www.dependencywalker.com/ to identify missing libraries.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give the feedback, if I try it - according to madCHook.dll, I still have it in the game's directory. Regards <3
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 01:59 PM by GrO »

Offline LEGi0N

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2020, 02:35 PM »
This gives me a "failed to initialize signature scanner" error message when starting WA. I'm using the CD version of 3.8 on Windows 10.

Any ideas on this error?

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2020, 04:03 PM »
This gives me a "failed to initialize signature scanner" error message when starting WA. I'm using the CD version of 3.8 on Windows 10.
...did you try any of these potential solutions?

Offline LEGi0N

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2020, 04:32 PM »
...did you try any of these potential solutions?

I already have all of those installed. It's a different error. A very quick look at the source code suggests "SigScanner.GetProcess(procName)" is returning false.

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2020, 05:12 PM »

your pc is missing Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes (2015-2019) - here is a link to all-in-one installer:
...just checked to be sure and I've all those already installed (just check the attachment), so your guess was wrong this time, but don't let that throw you, we're all the human beings, thus we're fallible sometimes :-)

About the voting functionality - I wouldn't implement that - if someone feels it's really needed I'd suggest to make it a separate module, but we shall keep that in mind that some people are able to abuse such plugins, when 3 abusers know each other joining some game, they can use voting to kick some other guy in example - any attempt to avoid that by implementing some restrictions will make the voting module more heavy and complicated.

The useful thing could be a module which will force the /afk command on the players staying afk for 3 turns (in a row) in example - what do you think?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 05:17 PM by GrO »