Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:29 PM

Author Topic: wkSuperFrontendHD 0.4.4 released [With HD graphics!]  (Read 32388 times)

Offline Mega`Adnan

Re: wkSuperFrontendHD 0.4 released [With HD graphics!]
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2016, 06:35 PM »
Map preview becomes small, I want normal map preview. :P

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2016, 07:13 PM »

I don't think map thumbnails can be scalled

Offline StepS

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2016, 11:37 PM »
What if someone wants to make a theme for this frontend, what do they need to know? what kind of bmp files used etc.?
All graphics are in graphics\_super\x960 and graphics\_super\x720, for resolutions with heights over 960 and over 720 respectively. These contain the files that you need to mod. Currently these are the only locations where the module looks for super graphics (except for fonts). Perhaps if I add a skin option then you could keep them side-by-side and switch with ease, but for now, this is it.

So like I mentioned in the 0.4 patch notes, this is a known issue, and I didn't want to delay the 0.4 release for it. The problem is, while I do know how to fix it, it is a pain in the ***. For a "proper" bigger thumbnail (downscaling from the big map to a bigger thumbnail, and not upscaling the smaller thumbnail like it's done in WWP Remastered), the entire function generating thumbnails has to be rewritten. Not just hooked and patched. And there are two copies of this, one for bit maps, and one for color maps. Each having math in them that requires some understanding and analysis. I might do it eventually but no promises. Ideally I'd also do it so that it could benefit from wide-aspect-ratios. So for example, if you load a wide map, and are using a wide resolution with SuperFrontendHD, it would occupy the whole wide space that is given to the map thumbnail in that mode.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:40 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline solido

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2016, 05:19 AM »
i downloaded the superfrontend and installed it but it made it worse....

how do I uninstall or tune it so the screen doesnt flash...

i tried reading the documentation but i need hand holding since i have no idea...  :'(

my specs are 6 core amd fx-6200 (am3+, onboard radeon graphics, 22" lcdd samsung monitor, 8gb ddr3 ram, running 1680x1050 on windows desktop, windows 7)

what settings what other packages.....

thanks  :-*

Offline solido

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2016, 05:28 AM »

i tried reading the documentation but i need hand holding since i have no idea...  :'(

my specs are 6 core amd fx-6200 (am3+, onboard radeon graphics, 22" lcdd samsung monitor, 8gb ddr3 ram, running 1680x1050 on windows desktop, windows 7)

me again just tried reading through the info in this thread again... i just wanna get rid of this... this thing aint ready for the prime time i dont even know what this is supposed to do....... how do i uninstall >:(

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2016, 05:44 AM »

me again just tried reading through the info in this thread again... i just wanna get rid of this... this thing aint ready for the prime time i dont even know what this is supposed to do....... how do i uninstall >:(
delect superfrontend.wk in WA root directory

Offline StepS

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2016, 07:16 AM »

I don't know what you mean by the screen flashing, but that sounds like a graphics driver issue, unrelated to the module. The module does not alter the renderers in any way. What renderer are you using (Options - Advanced - Rendering API)? It's recommended to enable Direct3D9 for the highest performance.
If you want to disable the module: set EnableModule=0 in wkSuperFrontend.ini. Or delete the dll file.
Alternatively, if you haven't already, try D3D9Wnd. It resolves most issues related to running the game full-screen, and if I understand your issue correctly, it will 99% likely be resolved. You can run the game in a fake full-screen mode, with a borderless window covering the whole screen.
The only glitch with 1680x1050 that I know of is a thin line collecting some dust at the bottom. This is a bug of the game itself, and is already fixed in the upcoming W:A update. If you set the resolution to e.g. 1681 or 1049, the bug will not happen (but you'll need windowed mode)
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2016, 06:44 PM »
If you put fixing intro to low priority, is there a way to completely disable it? Like, from appearing out of nowhere when idling in main menu?

Offline StepS

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2016, 06:48 PM »
If you put fixing intro to low priority, is there a way to completely disable it? Like, from appearing out of nowhere when idling in main menu?
Yes, that should be easy to patch. Maybe it wouldn't fit in the scope of the module though, but I don't think that's a problem.
[...]

Offline StepS

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2016, 11:06 PM »
Update 0.4.1 is out

This is a small update with the following changes:
  • Fixed game crash on start when using resolutions with heights of 1440 and higher, with the Default font scaling. This was due to a typo in the code probably made before the release.
  • Added a new Resolution mode: Auto, and made it the default. This mode works like Game, however it will not use a resolution that's higher than your current desktop resolution. This is useful for example if you're using windowed mode and have set a super-resolution (higher than what your monitor supports) for use in-game with D3D9Wnd. Since there's no downsampling in frontend (nor can it be implemented properly), this is the only way to ensure good experience in the frontend. The old "Game" option, as usual, will use the specified in-game resolution as long as it's not 0 or less.
It's very recommended to install this update. If you are updating from 0.4.0.x, you can just download the dll as there have been no graphics changes since 0.4. Otherwise get the full package of the module. You can also enable the "Auto" option manually in the ini if you want.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 01:06 AM by StepS »
[...]

Offline h3oCharles

Re: wkSuperFrontendHD 0.4.1 released [With HD graphics!]
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2016, 07:04 AM »
  • Added a new Resolution mode: Auto, and made it the default. This mode works like Game, however it will not use a resolution that's higher than your current desktop resolution. This is useful for example if you're using windowed mode and have set a super-resolution (higher than what your monitor supports) for use in-game with D3D9Wnd. Since there's no downsampling in frontend (nor can it be implemented properly), this is the only way to ensure good experience in the frontend. The old "Game" option, as usual, will use the specified in-game resolution as long as it's not 0 or less.

Nice! Funny enough, I actually encountered that when messing around with wkLobbyCmd. Good thing I didn't set to 4K then xD
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 07:16 AM by TheMadCharles »

Offline Alien

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2017, 04:37 PM »
thanks mate, nice module.

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2017, 06:13 PM »
i hate it. it isnt worms armageddon if it doesnt have those beautiful 1999 graphics
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:23 PM by STRGRN »

Offline SiD

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2017, 06:50 PM »
i hate it. it isnt worms armageddon if it doesnt have those beautiful 1999 graphics

blasphemy!
your punishment? read the readme 10 times over.
http://worms2d.info/Worms_Armageddon_ReadMe_(English)

and embrace the amazing work these guys (and module authors) do to improve this magnificent game.
*it isn't worms armageddon if it doesn't have these people.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2017, 07:11 PM »
this is my favorite module