Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:50 PM

Author Topic: wkSuperFrontendHD 0.4.4 released [With HD graphics!]  (Read 32377 times)

Offline STRGRN

Re: wkSuperFrontendHD 0.4.1 released [With HD graphics!]
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2017, 09:21 PM »
read the readme 10 times over.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2017, 02:21 PM »
This is awesome!!

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2017, 06:11 PM »
i hate it. it isnt worms armageddon if it doesnt have those beautiful 1999 graphics

ignore what i said here. i tried the module and its better than i expected

still the worst thing i've ever seen

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2017, 06:41 PM »
Ignore what I said here. I tried the module and it's better than I expected.

Still, the worst thing I've ever seen.

Intolerant to evolution

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2017, 06:46 PM »
Ignore what I said here. I tried the module and it's better than I expected.

Still, the worst thing I've ever seen.

Intolerant to evolution

scumbag, you fixed my cancerous grammar mistakes
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 04:13 PM by STRGRN »

Offline francot514

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2017, 08:24 PM »
How to turn windowed mode using this?

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2017, 08:53 PM »
wkSuperFrontendHD=fullscreen. It acts like a window because you can still shift-esc or alt-tab easily. If you want "windowed" mode (able to see desktop) you must use D3d9Wnd instead. With d3d9wnd you still won't have the traditional "_ □ X " window controls for the frontend and there's no top bar to move the window around. The 'window' is anchored to the top left of your screen. D3d9wnd can however make the in-game part fully windowed, with the top bar and X, which can be moved around.  You can use both D3d9wnd and wkSuperFrontend together for the best overall results - they are fully compatible with each other.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2017, 09:04 PM »

wkSuperFrontend is for enlarging the menus. For windowed mode, you're looking for wkD3D9Wnd. https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/d3d9wnd-a-native-direct3d-9-based-windowed-mode-and-multi-monitor-support-19063/
By the way they're compatible.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2017, 10:18 PM »
i hate it. it isnt worms armageddon if it doesnt have those beautiful 1999 graphics

Personally I like a little bit more high res particle effects with real blood and explosions
Nothing top those worms sprites thou - all of worm's sequel made the worm looks ugly and unplayable

Offline francot514

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2017, 08:39 PM »
wkSuperFrontend is for enlarging the menus. For windowed mode, you're looking for wkD3D9Wnd. https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/d3d9wnd-a-native-direct3d-9-based-windowed-mode-and-multi-monitor-support-19063/
By the way they're compatible.

This cause some problems to me while running, i will try booth compatibility.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2017, 12:33 PM »
Is there a wkSuperFrontEnd for WA version 3.6.31.0? I'll be needing it for playing PX games.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2017, 01:09 PM »
I still don't get what this module brings to a game instead of HD menu (where all maps gets smaller and harder to edit)?

I see ppl really love it, maybe I'm doing something wrong!?

Also, FaD told me that he doesn't get screen stuttering (with v-sync OFF) while using mentioned module.
I tried it and stuttering continued as usual - if not worse..

Offline StepS

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2017, 05:00 AM »
Is there a wkSuperFrontEnd for WA version 3.6.31.0? I'll be needing it for playing PX games.
The module doesn't support 3.6.31.0, because the code differences are expectedly big, and this is not a priority at the moment. Also I am not optimistic about the performance of 3.6.31.0's frontend at larger resolutions, even if you add wndmode.dll. Maybe only on older Windows systems.
I still don't get what this module brings to a game instead of HD menu (where all maps gets smaller and harder to edit)?
One important thing is that it resolves the lack of 640x480 support on a variety of drivers, the #1 issue on the Steam forums, which prevents many people from launching the game. D3D9Wnd is another solution, but it makes the frontend either tiny or badly stretched without this module, and doesn't preserve exclusive fullscreen (although since D3D9Wnd 0.7.0.0, it is now possible to optionally have exclusive fullscreen in-game, while keeping frontend windowed).

Also, FaD told me that he doesn't get screen stuttering (with v-sync OFF) while using mentioned module.
I tried it and stuttering continued as usual - if not worse..
That's probably because the higher the resolution, the lower the framerate (especially in frontend, which suffers more), so by upping the resolution, his non-vsync framerate went down to nearly his screen refresh rate, making it appear like there's no stuttering.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:02 AM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Sensei

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2017, 11:30 AM »
Don't have any problems with W:A on steam (except 1-2 seconds of black screen after minimizing, picking new maps, editing scheme, returning back to lobby..)
I like to draw maps in normal size, so yeah.. guess this module is not for me.

Thx for explaining StepS.