Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:23 AM

Author Topic: wkTerrain  (Read 15479 times)

Offline Sensei

Re: wkTerrain
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2017, 12:10 AM »
Yep, I always convert to PNG. Awesome!
Also expecting your tetris terrain in here. Guess that's a bit harder to achieve?

Would be great if W:A gets workshop for textures in next update, so ppl can just pick the ones they like made by community and generate them in games. Am I wrong or those custom textures would also be able to avoid pixelated roofs? All these originals can't, unfortunately.

Offline SiD

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2017, 10:57 AM »
Also expecting your tetris terrain in here. Guess that's a bit harder to achieve?
It is in here: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/wkterrain-29504/msg247265/#msg247265
You can install it the same way.

Am I wrong or those custom textures would also be able to avoid pixelated roofs? All these originals can't, unfortunately.
Not sure what you mean by pixelated roofs.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 02:39 PM »
Not sure what you mean by pixelated roofs.

None of the original textures have smooth roofs. It's really annoying feature when jetpacking or boom racing through map. Worm gets rejected and pushed back cause roof is not flat. It's also pain for some other schemes I bet.

Personally don't think it's a skill thing in most of the cases. More of a luck really. Would be good if we're able to host some terrains without roof spikes.

Offline SiD

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2017, 03:03 PM »
ah gotcha. Yeh you're right they all have unsmooth ceilings, except tetris.
Time to make your own boom race maps sensei.

thx.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:58 PM by SiD »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2017, 03:30 PM »
Time to make your own boom race maps sensei.

We should ask plutonic to put tetris texture in MapGEN, cause that program is able to generate lot bigger maps than 1920x696. Sad thing is that they're not complex enough like ingame.

This is great! Looking forward to play some games on new terrains. Hope to see more soon.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:35 PM by Sensei »

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2017, 12:20 AM »
I can't open the tetris soil in my image editor. Just wanted to see what dimensions custom soils have to be. There's tons of nice stuff on Google Images that could be used if you search "tile gif".

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2017, 04:45 AM »
My WA crashes when im trying to choose a map in a dropdown list, if Tetris theme is in Levels folder.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2017, 09:37 AM »
Maybe you need to have wk_terrain in main folder, xan? I didn't have any problems.
Btw, joe. Dunno what you're trying to do, but atm best option is to make all maps to .png (no background soil), cause otherwise it would cause desynchs. With .bit everyone would need to have terrain in level folder.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2017, 11:06 AM »
All wk's should be in main folder, yes.

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2017, 01:50 PM »
That's great 
Does it work on WA 3.6 and custom maps ?

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2017, 01:24 AM »
I can't open the tetris soil in my image editor. Just wanted to see what dimensions custom soils have to be. There's tons of nice stuff on Google Images that could be used if you search "tile gif".

I'm also trying to create custom terrain use Minecraft textures but don't know how to open it

Offline SiD

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 09:27 AM »
check out King-Gizzard's guide:
https://worms2d.info/Terrain_Creation_Guide

Making custom terrains

Download:
http://worms2d.info/WA_directory_editor

The program has a lot of bugs so good luck.

The game's Level.dir files are located in DATA/Level

Open an existing Level.dir file and click "Extract, convert, log" and select a folder.
All the img files and spr files will be converted to img.bmp and spr.bmp.

Inf files: There is one for each map object, and they specify properties of the object:

Code: (Example Inf file (default values)) [Select]
10       //Unkown
0        //Specifies whether object is in front or behind the terrain. 0 = behind, 1 = in front
0        //Specifies whether destroyed soil (soil.img) appears when the object is destroyed.
1        //Enables or disables collision for object
1        //Specifies whether other objects can be placed onto this one. 1 = no in this case.
3        //Location type of object (0/1 = sides of map, 2 = hanging from ceiling, 3 = standing on floor)

Spd files: There is one for each spr file (animated sprites), open with text editor. They're self explanatory.
index.txt: A list of all the objects.
Level.dir.txt: is the log file that sprite editor uses when you click the "Reconstruct from log" button.

All bmp files should use a 113 colour palette (including black).
When creating/editing bmp files, you should save them as 8 bit OS/2, and make sure black is indexed 1.
After you've created your bmps and written your spds and infs.. make sure the img, spr and inf files are listed in level.dir.txt, then use sprite editor to reconstruct from log, and save the DIR file.

The process is a bit of a headache but doable. Any problems feel free to message me.
If you want to try something else to generate your own terrains: http://worms2d.info/MapGEN
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 07:26 PM by SiD »

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2017, 12:39 AM »
Making custom terrains

Download:
http://worms2d.info/WA_directory_editor

The program has a lot of bugs so good luck.

Open an existing Level.dir file and click "Extract, convert, log" and select a folder.
All the img files and spr files will be converted to img.bmp and spr.bmp.

Inf files: There is one for each map object, and they specify where on the map they can be placed (on the grass, hanging from ceiling, sides)
Spd files: There is one for each spr file (animated sprites), open with text editor. They're self explanatory.
index.txt: Just lists all the objects.
Level.dir.txt: is the log file that sprite editor uses when you click the "Reconstruct from log" button.

All bmp files should use a 113 colour palette (including black).
When creating/editing bmp files, you should save them as 8 bit OS/2, and make sure black is indexed 1 (I only know how to do this in Photoshop)
After you've created your bmps and written your spds and infs.. make sure the img, spr and inf files are listed in level.dir.txt, then use sprite editor to reconstruct from log, and save the DIR file.

The process is a bit of a headache but doable. Any problems feel free to message me.
If you want to try something else to generate your own terrains: http://worms2d.info/MapGEN

It did not work on non steam WA 3.6 
Guess I'll try to replace some current terrain

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
  • Wacky Asperger and creator of War'n'Guns.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2020, 09:16 AM »
We now need a wkTerrain version of the Egyptian Theme by ARTemych.

BTW, this WormKit Module is awesome!! We also need a tutorial to make custom terrains.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2020, 11:05 AM »
Someone with brains, get on it pls! We need wk_terrain for 3.8 but xKowekx is gone for 2 years. He was a fine soldier.