wkTerrainSync

<< < (2/7) > >>

nizikawa:
the module has been updated to version 1.0.2
- added a nag message informing players to install wkTerrainSync

fixes:
- host desynchronization with fallback to -Beach terrain
- .BIT levels with custom terrains in online games
- fixed file lock when renaming .part files and infinite request/download/rescan loop
- to fix opaque back sprite in some terrains, back.spr is no longer loaded with extended sprite loader. to use the extended sprite loader, rename back.spr as _back.spr
    - new custom terrains should use _back.spr when using back sprite with custom resolution
    - some existing terrains that utilize custom back.spr loader are added to a predefined exception list by terrain hash
    - the exception list can be overridden by appending the following section to wkTerrainSync.ini file; terrain hashes must be separated by comma symbol:

--- Code: ---[exceptions]
ExtendedBackSprLoader=e27d433fcd8ac2e696f01437525f34c5,

--- End code ---

nizikawa:

mozzribo:

--- Quote from: nizikawa on February 21, 2021, 09:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: mozzribo on February 20, 2021, 09:51 PM ---Hi! I'm getting the following error (on Linux):

--- End quote ---

i'm not familiar with running worms under wine, but some users confirmed the module works fine on linux. my guess is that your current working directory is not set to WA directory:
launch a new terminal window and enter:

--- Code: ---cd /home/username/path/to/your/wa/dir/
wine ./WA.exe
--- End code ---
this should make dev console output visible in your terminal and might fix the terrain loading issue. i will look into the compatibility of the module with wine

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the help. Ultimately I managed to remove all existing instances of the game and re-install it. Now everything works as expected. We did need to use the most recent version You just posted, though.

Otherwise, me using WA 3.8.1, while the other person using 3.8, both with the previous versions of wkTerrainSync, got the desync error. Here are screenshots, maybe they help even though there isn't much technical information on them:

Me, as a host:

On the joiner's side:

Thanks for the awesome work You're doing!

Magma-1337:
I have found a bug where the game crashes when you minimize, then maximize the game while the map editor is open with a custom terrain selected.
If you need, I can send the errorlog.txt so you can figure out what made it crash.

MonkeyIsland:
Is this bug related to wkTerrainSync?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version