Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:38 AM

Author Topic: [module idea] option to zoom or change resolution during the game  (Read 2701 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: [module idea] option to zoom or change resolution during the game
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2021, 03:06 PM »
What about all the times Windows' Magnifying Glass has been used in competitive, official games? Or the team order of the opponent was extracted from a previous replay? Or when a ruler has been used for the shotgun and other throws? Or pen and paper has been used to keep track of what the enemy has used? One may argue a few of those aren't exactly cheating per se, but at the end of the day, none of us are innocent. There's no need to escalate this, nor for finger pointing, especially since this has nothing to do with the OP.

Who discovered this feature (Magnifying Glass) and told me about it was Dario. If he uses it in competitive games, I don't know. Unlike others, I don't accuse without proof.

I used wkWormOrder and said publicly because I don't think it's cheat and there was no rule prohibiting the use. If someone thinks I broke a rule, I might have broken it, but it wasn't intentional. If I wanted to cheat, why would I say I was using it? Does not make sense.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:21 PM by Albus »

Offline Memox

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2021, 03:17 PM »
What about all the times Windows' Magnifying Glass has been used in competitive, official games? Or the team order of the opponent was extracted from a previous replay? Or when a ruler has been used for the shotgun and other throws? Or pen and paper has been used to keep track of what the enemy has used? One may argue a few of those aren't exactly cheating per se, but at the end of the day, none of us are innocent. There's no need to escalate this, nor for finger pointing, especially since this has nothing to do with the OP.

Who discovered this feature (Magnifying Glass) and told me about it was Dario. If he uses it in competitive games, I don't know. Unlike others, I don't accuse without proof.

I used wkWormOrder and said publicly because I don't think it's a cheater and there was no rule prohibiting the use. If someone thinks I broke a rule, I might have broken it, but it wasn't intentional. If I wanted to cheat, why would I say I was using it? Does not make sense.

Yeah that was just an example, far be it from me to denounce Dario, of all people, on this. I thought he was clear in saying that sometimes he uses it, but maybe I'm misremembering the competitive side of it. It's not like he needs it anyway, so... Anyway, my point stated two posts ago subsists. It's a complex matter, to put it shortly. But more specifically, what you did with wkWormOrder was more of a fault from the dev side since that was easily fixable by displaying a message when one is using it. Although, I didn't read all the thread. Did you use it for your team only? If that's so, that's absolutely not cheating. Did you use it for the enemy team too? That's debatable. If the enemy was using the same team as replays circulating on TUS, in my book that's not cheating either since it was a public information anyway. But if he made a new team exactly to avoid being busted from the very beginning, and you used that tool? Yeah, that's cheating. But who am I to really say for sure.
\\\ My websites ///

My Worms Armageddon Review (and other blog posts about gaming)
The Autism-O-Meter

My Worms Videos
YouTube playlist

My (other) Reviews Hub
Steam Curator page

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2021, 03:24 PM »
Did you use it for your team only? If that's so, that's absolutely not cheating. Did you use it for the enemy team too? That's debatable. If the enemy was using the same team as replays circulating on TUS, in my book that's not cheating either since it was a public information anyway. But if he made a new team exactly to avoid being busted from the very beginning, and you used that tool? Yeah, that's cheating. But who am I to really say for sure.

Yes, just for my team. Once I had this module, I deleted my old team (which I already had memorized).

I couldn't see the enemy sequence. When this function is activated, a message appears in the chat telling that the player see your team order.

Offline Memox

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2021, 03:30 PM »
Did you use it for your team only? If that's so, that's absolutely not cheating. Did you use it for the enemy team too? That's debatable. If the enemy was using the same team as replays circulating on TUS, in my book that's not cheating either since it was a public information anyway. But if he made a new team exactly to avoid being busted from the very beginning, and you used that tool? Yeah, that's cheating. But who am I to really say for sure.

Yes, just for my team. Once I had this module, I deleted my old team (which I already had memorized).

I couldn't see the enemy sequence. When this function is activated, a message appears in the chat telling that the player see your team order.

Then what's the point of all the drama? The information was available to you from the get-go, you simply didn't use a piece of paper like most people do and used a module for it. Be it a physical notebook, the Windows notebook, a wormkit module, a third party software or a phone application, it's always the same thing. It's an information you have the right and moral duty to access at any time - if that's made simpler or not, it's besides the question.
\\\ My websites ///

My Worms Armageddon Review (and other blog posts about gaming)
The Autism-O-Meter

My Worms Videos
YouTube playlist

My (other) Reviews Hub
Steam Curator page

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2021, 03:31 PM »
I'm just surprised how Dario didn't know the module allowed me to see my own team's sequence without issuing a warning. After so much debate about the module and its tools, he didn't knew it until after the game.

By the way, there are people who think the module doesn't make much of a difference.

http://www.normalnonoobs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1748&view=unread#unread

Kayz, for example, doesn't care that the module lets me see his team sequence. I imagine that he would not worry with the fact that my team's order appears to me.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:38 PM by Albus »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2021, 03:45 PM »
I will just assume that Chicken23 don't know that the module display a global message when you set to display opponent's worms order cause all of that made me dumb to read.

And about knowing your own team worm orders and randomizing/creating new teams that's beyond individual right, can't believe it's being argued.  :D :D
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2021, 03:48 PM »
I will just assume that Chicken23 don't know that the module display a global message when you set to display opponent's worms order cause all of that made me dumb to read.

And about knowing your own team worm orders and randomizing/creating new teams that's beyond individual right, can't believe it's being argued.  :D :D

Maybe it's because Dario knew my old team memorized or had the order saved somewhere (I don't know, it's a guess) and maybe he felt wronged when I created a new team and I didn't have to go to the "tedious work" of memorizing the new order.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:51 PM by Albus »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2021, 03:50 PM »
I posted in the wrong topic lol sorry about that.   :D
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Lollie

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2023, 05:58 AM »
So it's been a couple years since this topic started, what's the current state of zooming in W:A? Because at 2560x1440, this gets a little unwieldy to play.

Like, in the end all I really want is for everything to be bigger on screen. Even a toggleable 2X-Scale feature would make this more usable on modern displays.

Offline h3oCharles