Forums
April 25, 2024, 06:08 PM

Author Topic: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released  (Read 23159 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.0.1 released
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2021, 07:04 PM »
i've been a very experienced roper for over 20 years roping as standard. I can also rope without wkRemapKeys though

I can also play intermediate without modules that will track weapons and enemy team order (and use only pen and paper) and be quite good at it. But these modules will make the game more enjoyable for me, same thing that wkRemapKeys does to you: make more enjoyable roping with W/A/S/D.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 07:10 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2021, 07:15 PM »
I can also play intermediate without modules that will track weapons and enemy team order (and use only pen and paper) and be quite good at it. But these modules will make the game more enjoyable for me, same thing that wkRemapKeys does to you: make more enjoyable roping with W/A/S/D.

I knew you were going to say this, it is not the same though, they are not identical, they have substantial differences in usage and substantial impacts on how they affect the schemes that use them as well.

I've literally just explained the differences between those things, and you still use the word "same".

Just because you are using mental gymnastics to make a connection between those things, does not make them the same.

THEY ARE NOT IDENTICAL.

So if that is your reason for saying i'm contradicting myself, you are wrong, as is cgar.

Offline cgar

« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2021, 07:17 PM »
HA! I knew it lmao.

"This example is fine because I say so. It does not matter that it is basically the same thing"
 :D :D :D

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2021, 07:19 PM »

I knew you were going to say this, it is not the same though, they are not identical, they have substantial differences in usage and substantial impacts on how they affect the schemes that use them as well.

THEY ARE NOT IDENTICAL.

I disagree and I've been playing intermediate for many years.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2021, 07:20 PM »
Perhaps the best people to discuss the impact would be pro intermediate players. But they seem to be a lot less worried than you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2021, 07:21 PM »
Albus, you don't need to agree on something for it to be a fact.

Also, I see cgar is still busy exaggerating and lying.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2021, 07:25 PM »
Komito, honestly, you are getting a lot into the merits of the impact of a module on a scheme that you have not mastered. Perhaps it would be interesting to bring to the debate people like Dario, Rafka etc. But they don't seem as worried as you are. Maybe elite pros too. I think these are the league schemes that would be most influenced by the module, right?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 07:30 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2021, 07:32 PM »
Do you think this applies purely to Intermediate and Elite? You are being ignorant again. It applies to any scheme which exists or could exist where knowing turn order is part of the strategy.

Also, i've mastered this game collectively enough to understand the implications and consequences of modules like this.

It's not exactly challenging to know this Albus, instead of playing this game since 1999, I could have played since 2020 and still have learned enough.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2021, 07:34 PM »
Do you think this applies purely to Intermediate and Elite? You are being ignorant again. It applies to any scheme which exists or could exist where knowing turn order is part of the strategy.

I think the most important are the league schemes. If the scheme is not part of the league, players are not playing league, so they can play however they like, as they are playing casually.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2021, 07:38 PM »
Do you not realize there are many more schemes in Allround & Free Leagues which knowing turn order is important?

Again, ignorance. Do some research please.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2021, 07:39 PM »
Do you not realize there are many more schemes in Allround & Free Leagues which knowing turn order is important?

Ok. Let's hear pro players from these schemes. I think it's good to hear the players of each scheme, as they would be the most affected.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2021, 07:45 PM »
Ok. Let's hear pro players from these schemes. I think it's good to hear the players of each scheme, as they would be the most affected.

This affects me too, I play some of those schemes.

Offline cgar

« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2021, 09:08 PM »
I see cgar is still busy exaggerating and lying.

Disagree with Komito and you are either a liar or ignorant. :D

Personally I would consider calling people I disagree with straight up liars a bit extreme but apparently for Komito anything that justifies his position goes.

It is unfortunate that Komito has resigned himself to a silly merry go round of nonsense that will apparently continue to clog up this thread for god knows how long.

Komito is against this module and would have advocated for it to not be released if it had not already been. This is despite the fact that doing so changes nothing in terms of cheating and unfair advantage. It is already trivially possible to do that as I have demonstrated.

Despite this, he continues to go on and on in this thread against anyone who disagrees with his position.
As I am investied in bringing honesty to this aspect of WA in the form of this module matching what is already possible, but in a more honest fashion, I will continue to push back against his efforts to apparently dominate the thread with his ideas alone for as long as it takes. I offered to just make 2 posts in the thread or here to summarize our arguments against each other into a more legible form for others to read but clearly hogging the thread with his rhetoric is more important  :(

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2021, 09:25 PM »
"This example is fine because I say so. It does not matter that it is basically the same thing"
 :D :D :D

This is an exaggeration and a lie.

It is an exaggeration because you are obviously attempting to mock me.

It is a lie because they are not basically the same thing.

You have also literally exaggerated and lied several times before in this thread in multiple attempts to mock me, you've made incorrect accusations about my life.

Hence, you are still exaggerating and lying.

If you would stick to the subject I wouldn't call you out for doing such things.

Offline cgar

« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2021, 11:33 PM »
Casually side stepping the comparison of those arguments and instead just calling your detractors liars and/or ignorant once again lol.

If anyone should stick to the subject it is you Komito.

You have tried to present your position as protecting the sanctity of professional play. That bringing this module to it's full potential would degrade the skill of the game because you find tedious nonsense worthwhile to pay heed to.

Many people do not concede this point. Especially cheaters who will just leap to the ezpz aforementioned method of disclosing full worm order with minimal effort.

I respect that this is not your preferred style of play. But you can't just decide that for everyone else. Especially when people can just lie that they are able to remember your worm order because they have good memory, when in fact it is because they just printed it out from the replay.