Forums
March 30, 2024, 07:47 AM

Author Topic: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released  (Read 22774 times)

Offline Kaleu

Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.0.1 released
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2021, 11:36 PM »
LMAOOO, EXPOSED.   :D :D :D
Finally the hypocrisy...  :D :D
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2021, 12:08 AM »
cgar, I have already countered your points, so yet again you are lying.

I am not deciding for everyone else, so yet again you are lying, i've mentioned time and time again my desires are to find a solution for both sides.

Though there is no need to continue this discussion as nizikawa has already mentioned that he will be adding a feature which displays when someone activates this module, which means the very issue I had has been resolved.

I consider this a victory, and appreciate that nizikawa will be adding the feature.

Now I can put this discussion and your lies to rest. :)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2021, 12:10 AM »
Though there is no need to continue this discussion as nizikawa has already mentioned that he will be adding a feature which displays when someone activates this module, which means the very issue I had has been resolved.
I consider this a victory, and appreciate that nizikawa will be adding the feature.

I thought you knew that. The idea of implementing the module with a command similar to /arrows was mentioned at the beginning. So this whole debate could have been avoided!?
Well, at least I got the status of "Sr. Member" now :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 12:21 AM by Albus »

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.0.0 released
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2021, 12:14 AM »
As I said earlier, either everyone does it, or nobody does it.

For me, the ideal would be to implement a behavior identical to /arrows. The person would know you're using it. Surely there are people who wouldn't need or want to use it, then, there would be no way to make it mandatory for everyone.

Just make everyone use the same team then?

Not necessarily. As the current module already does, it would just add a number, before the name, indicating the order of the team.

I can't speak for others, but in intermediate I feel that I have more chances of winning and I play more strategically when I play thinking about the sequence of the opponent's team. The point is that there are people who know much more practical methods of getting it and others who do it in a more laborious way. Whoever can get it easier and faster, in my opinion, has a certain advantage. A module that shows the sequence of both teams and behaves like /arrows, will only legitimize and make explicit something that is already done by many (more discreetly) and will increase the level of playing in certain schemes in my opinion. Additionally it will be something positive for the streams.

When I said that, nizikawa had already talked about this possibility in discord. Would be very unfair use this module in secret.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 12:15 AM by Albus »

Offline cgar

« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2021, 12:24 AM »
[...] your points, so yet again you are lying [...]
[...] everyone else, so yet again you are lying [...]
Komito, the sole arbiter of truth.

[...] there is no need to continue this discussion as nizikawa has already mentioned that he will be adding a feature which displays when someone activates this module [...]
[...] I consider this a victory, and appreciate that nizikawa will be adding the feature. [...]
[...] Now I can put this discussion and your lies to rest. :) [...]
Wew, look at you finally catching up with what has been said from the beginning. Not like people have been saying that from page 1 at all. No, not at all :D
I guess it's only natural that you would finally read the discussion eventually. GGs on finally getting there. I wish you well in all your debates and worms games going forward. Good day =)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.0.0 released
« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2021, 12:59 AM »
When I said that, nizikawa had already talked about this possibility in discord. Would be very unfair use this module in secret.

I wasn't following the dedicated Discord thread.

It was only because I looked at the 2v2 Team17 Cup thread thing that I noticed nizikawa wrote the following statement:

Quote from: nizikawa @https://discord.com/channels/416225356706480128/416225356706480130/885967960836030495 @7:20pm GMT on September 10th 2021
My idea to handle the controversial features is to make them behave similar to /arrows command. A /me message gets emitted when the enemy worm order / weapon tracking is enabled, so other players are aware of this in the general chat.

This is official confirmation from the developer of the module, which is the exact result I was hoping for when getting involved in this discussion.

I look forward to it being implemented officially.

I'm very happy with the progress made here. :)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2021, 08:07 AM »
Do you not realize there are many more schemes in Allround & Free Leagues which knowing turn order is important?

Again, ignorance. Do some research please.

I confess that I don't know about these schemes and I didn't research it to find out either.

But I believe that this huge discussion, which lasted for days, could have been avoided if you were looking for more information just as me in that situation.

Even in the first version of wkWormOrder (which shows only YOUR team's sequence), nizikawa had already suggested the possibility that the module would behave similarly to /arrows.

Do you think it would be reasonable for us to defend modules that allow you to see the order of the enemy team and what weapons he used, without even giving the possibility for the other person to know that you're using? This could almost be considered cheating.

So, just as I recognize that I should have done more research before making that statement about the schemes that would be impacted by the module, I think you could have done more research and avoided this whole discussion.

The way you released the information on the ONL channel was totally reckless:

You spoke in a derogatory way, creating some kind of bias on people about a module that hadn't even been published yet and not knowing all the details behind the idea (for example, that this could behave like the /arrows command).

I wasn't following the dedicated Discord thread.

Shortly after you said these things in the ONL discord channel, SIBASA had said this:

I assume you didn't see it either. All this debate would not have been necessary.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 08:38 AM by Albus »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2021, 10:00 AM »
Thanks for the screenshots Albus, I don't like to read any WA's discord server, there's much messages going on in a short period of times, it's not for me, rather take part in smallers and dedicated topic servers.  :(
Though, I'm more and more impressed by how disloyal Komito can be at times, influencing others negatively without even understanding what the module would be like, yet he spent days debating something he doesn't know about. Outrageous and awkward.

Thus I would be extremely ashamed to defend tradition and how the game was meant to be played when I use modules that make my life easier like remaps but refuse to provide the same accessibility to others and make excuses that I can use 2 keyboards simultaneously, this shit is hilarious, people won't buy that excuse never ever. Beautiful mental juggling you made up there. I'm out of here, not replying anymore. Cya. :D
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2021, 11:59 AM »
wkTerrainSync allows making custom missions with custom worm spawn points, team weapons, scheme settings, events etc. Each .WAM mission file is bound to .PNG/.BMP/.BIT/.LEV file sharing the same name. So for each map you can use a different WAM file with spawn points matching the map. The module itself is easy to use, custom missions work in online games and only the host needs to have .WAM file installed (provided that all other players have wkTerrainSync installed).
I believe that TheMadCharles has created some mission templates that can be used for this purpose.

I wanna know who how to modify and use WAM file in online games!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:47 PM by Mega`Adnan »

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2021, 12:53 PM »
But I believe that this huge discussion, which lasted for days, could have been avoided if you were looking for more information just as me in that situation.

This discussion was on TUS, so the only place I need to look is TUS, if other people wish to discuss it elsewhere, that is their own prerogative.

Even in the first version of wkWormOrder (which shows only YOUR team's sequence), nizikawa had already suggested the possibility that the module would behave similarly to /arrows.

This thread is based on TUS, my entire concern is about TUS, not what happens in Sensei's server or anywhere else, which is why all my focus has been on TUS.

Sensei's Discord server is not the authority on TUS or Worms Armageddon in general regardless how popular it is, so using that as your point is irrelevant where TUS is concerned.

So, just as I recognize that I should have done more research before making that statement about the schemes that would be impacted by the module, I think you could have done more research and avoided this whole discussion.

As mentioned before, this is TUS, not Sensei's server. This is where my focus is.

Yes, I have the freedom to browse other locations to learn information, though personally speaking I don't like that server and as soon as the 2v2 Island Team17 Cup is finished, i'll be leaving that server again.

You spoke in a derogatory way, creating some kind of bias on people about a module that hadn't even been published yet and not knowing all the details behind the idea (for example, that this could behave like the /arrows command).

That is the ONL Discord, until the owners and moderators of ONL Discord decide we're not allowed to mock each other and have a laugh, i'll continue to do so, just as everyone else who acts in a similar fashion in locations not related to TUS.

Shortly after you said these things in the ONL discord channel, SIBASA had said this:

I assume you didn't see it either. All this debate would not have been necessary.

SIBASA is not the creator of the module, therefor it is not official confirmation. So this discussion is entirely relevant for those who had wished to achieve the conclusion which has now been met.

Though, I'm more and more impressed by how disloyal Komito can be at times, influencing others negatively without even understanding what the module would be like, yet he spent days debating something he doesn't know about. Outrageous and awkward.

This entire statement is completely subjective and non-threatening to the truth.

Thus I would be extremely ashamed to defend tradition and how the game was meant to be played when I use modules that make my life easier like remaps but refuse to provide the same accessibility to others and make excuses that I can use 2 keyboards simultaneously, this shit is hilarious, people won't buy that excuse never ever. Beautiful mental juggling you made up there. I'm out of here, not replying anymore. Cya. :D

Adding something inside the game and adding something outside the game are two completely different things, though let's pretend you actually took that into account:

Did you not read the part where I said i'm able to rope perfectly fine without using this module or extra keyboards?

Did you also read the part where I said i'd be happy to ban those modules if enough people supported it?

Did you read the part where I said I believe all modules should be approved directly by Team17?

There are a few people here who are more concerned with trying to make me look bad, than actually trying to help their side of the debate.

This makes it all the more simple for me to get my points across, thank you! :-*

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2021, 01:03 PM »

SIBASA is not the creator of the module, therefor it is not official confirmation. So this discussion is entirely relevant for those who had wished to achieve the conclusion which has now been met.

If you saw this message from SIBASA, wouldn't it be simpler to have just asked about this possibility (and confirm if this would be official) right at the beginning of this whole long debate? We would clarify for you that this was being thought from the beginning. What would be the point of creating these modules and not letting people know you are using it? I thought it was something so obvious it was implicit. Too bad we all wasted a lot of time on something that wasn't meant to be debated.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2021, 01:11 PM »

That is the ONL Discord, until the owners and moderators of ONL Discord decide we're not allowed to mock each other and have a laugh, i'll continue to do so, just as everyone else who acts in a similar fashion in locations not related to TUS.

I don't agree with that way of speaking. Your words are aimed at the work of others and to people who, even if you don't agree, are thinking about things that will be useful to others.
It was clear that, at this time, you didn't have the whole idea of the module (eg, that it would send a message mentioning its use). Now that you know, you're not against it anymore. So why prejudge something with such strong words if you don't know the whole idea yet?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2021, 01:25 PM »
If you saw this message from SIBASA, wouldn't it be simpler to have just asked about this possibility (and confirm if this would be official) right at the beginning of this whole long debate? We would clarify for you that this was being thought from the beginning. What would be the point of creating these modules and not letting people know you are using it? I thought it was something so obvious it was implicit. Too bad we all wasted a lot of time on something that wasn't meant to be debated.

Can you predict and clarify the intensions of nizikawa? Even if you could, are we not allowed to attempt to influence decisions made by people in power?

I'm well aware this was being thought from the beginning, that was one of my priorities, it was not confirmed by the actual developer at the time.

We can also debate the morality and consequences of modules and apps like this in general as well as affecting Leagues. Which I believe is important, even more so now that even after reaching this conclusion, and finding out there's a chance you won't be allowed to use these modules in competitive games(or even just casual games) you have just opened up another thread in an attempt to find a way to do it anyway.

In fact, anyone who has anything they want to say about it, can join in the conversation and share their thoughts, we all have this freedom.

I don't agree with that way of speaking.

Albus, what you agree with doesn't concern me in a place where you don't decide the rules. If you have a complaint about my behaviour in the ONL Discord server, please make a complaint to the moderators of the ONL Discord server. I will accept all consequences.

It was clear that, at this time, you didn't have the whole idea of the module (eg, that it would send a message mentioning its use). Now that you know, you're not against it anymore. So why prejudge something with such strong words if you don't know the whole idea yet?

From my perspective, this entire discussion about WormKit modules in general, including this specific module, has a massive impact to the game and various communities. I want to discuss everything related to that.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2021, 01:28 PM »
I don't agree with that way of speaking.
Albus, what you agree with doesn't concern me in a place where you don't decide the rules. If you have a complaint about my behaviour in the ONL Discord server, please make a complaint to the moderators of the ONL Discord server. I will accept all consequences.

Ok, I'll. But it was good that I spoke here too. In my opinion, someone, especially in your position (streamer, moderator on TUS), should be more polite and contained with words in any public place related to the game.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:31 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2021, 01:48 PM »
In my opinion, someone, especially in your position (streamer, moderator on TUS), should be more polite and contained with words in any public place related to the game.

If you have any complaints, feel free to complain to people in charge. Thanks.