Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:33 PM

Author Topic: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released  (Read 22602 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.0.1 released
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2021, 02:10 PM »
Nizikawa said that, in September 9, you contacted him and he explained to you that the module could warn other users that it was being used:

So, why didn't you end this discussion days ago?

« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 02:15 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2021, 04:07 PM »
Nizikawa said that, in September 9, you contacted him and he explained to you that the module could warn other users that it was being used:

It's not the only point to discuss, i've already said this, do you even read what everyone writes, or only the people you agree with?

Offline nizikawa

Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.1.0 released
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2021, 06:26 PM »
Version 1.1.0 has been released.
  • added /order command to show order of all worms. the use of this feature should be discussed with other players beforehand. upon enabling, a /me message is sent to all players to inform about the feature being used
  • added /owner command to toggle showing owner name of teams
  • added {hp} tag to custom team display format - it calculates the sum of HP of all worms belonging to the team

Download available in the first post and on my github.

Offline Sycotropic

« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2021, 08:06 PM »
Awesome, this will be very helpful to practice deathmatch speedruns! I don't think it should be allowed in the runs themselves, but super helpful for people like me that need to memorize the teams orders. Much more fun to do it in-game as opposed to reading off a spreadsheet.

Offline cgar

« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2021, 09:21 PM »
LOL! I like everything about that post. Especially the username xD

Offline Kradie

« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2021, 09:22 PM »
CHEATERS REJOICE!!! IMMA REMOVE THE WARNING AND COMPILE IT FROM SOURCE NOW!! MWAHAHHA!!! CHEATERS WIN KOMITO LOSE!!!
You made an account to say this? Petty.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2021, 11:24 PM »
Version 1.1.0 has been released.
  • added /order command to show order of all worms. the use of this feature should be discussed with other players beforehand. upon enabling, a /me message is sent to all players to inform about the feature being used
  • added /owner command to toggle showing owner name of teams
  • added {hp} tag to custom team display format - it calculates the sum of HP of all worms belonging to the team

Download available in the first post and on my github.

Thank you very much for your work to save us from memorization skills Komito loves so much. If one day I donate money to WA community, I would probably donate to people like Monkey Island, Nizikawa, Deadcode, StepS or even CyberShadow (I feel sorry if I ever contributed in any aspect for his departure), Pisto and others that helped so much this community through all these years.

I like the effort Komito has organizing competitive events, giving nice feedbacks to TUS, I like his streams and I respect him as a player too. But, honestly after seeing all these different threads to the same talk about a quality of life module. His attitude here was sad to see and I imagine he might have been like that in all these more than 1000 posts he has in TUS. I used to have a friend that no matter the subject, he would make everything to win any discussion (and he is addicted to discuss on the internet) and never admit he was not very cool or wrong.

I congratulate Komito and I like to see that Oldsock prefered to contribute with money for this community instead of buying a Newsock. But as I said if I were the one donating I would help the people I mentioned instead of someone that was paddling so hard against the current in these threads. And honestly if I ever promoted competitive events with money, I would promote schemes that deserve more attention and that are good instead of the same old ones that everybody already knows. I hope one day I earn more money as a teacher to contribute to this community too.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2021, 11:43 PM »
I really enjoyed discussing things in depth, thanks for the kind words I appreciate it!

Love you guys! :-*

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2021, 07:40 PM »

It's not the only point to discuss, i've already said this, do you even read what everyone writes, or only the people you agree with?

Though there is no need to continue this discussion as nizikawa has already mentioned that he will be adding a feature which displays when someone activates this module, which means the very issue I had has been resolved.

You, from the moment you became aware that the module is going to mention that the person is using it, have no further objection to it, correct? So why did you continue to behave against the module until yesterday? You could have at least informed that you were no longer against the module, from the day nizikawa sent you this message 3 days ago.

I consider this a victory, and appreciate that nizikawa will be adding the feature.

You consider this a victory, but this had already been proposed from the beginning. The fact is you just didn't know it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 08:01 PM by Albus »

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2021, 10:21 PM »
The way you released the information on the ONL channel was totally reckless:

You spoke in a derogatory way, creating some kind of bias on people about a module that hadn't even been published yet and not knowing all the details behind the idea (for example, that this could behave like the /arrows command).

That is the ONL Discord, until the owners and moderators of ONL Discord decide we're not allowed to mock each other and have a laugh, i'll continue to do so, just as everyone else who acts in a similar fashion in locations not related to TUS.

I don't agree with that way of speaking. Your words are aimed at the work of others and to people who, even if you don't agree, are thinking about things that will be useful to others.
It was clear that, at this time, you didn't have the whole idea of the module (eg, that it would send a message mentioning its use). Now that you know, you're not against it anymore. So why prejudge something with such strong words if you don't know the whole idea yet?

Albus, what you agree with doesn't concern me in a place where you don't decide the rules. If you have a complaint about my behaviour in the ONL Discord server, please make a complaint to the moderators of the ONL Discord server. I will accept all consequences.

Just to be clear, do you regret that attitude you had?

I found a new and good way to use the new version of the module. The possibility of seeing the sequence of all the teams in the match will allow me to study other people's games more easily, as I will know what they had in mind for the next turns.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 09:10 AM by Albus »

Offline Senator

« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2021, 08:06 PM »
I think this module should be updated. Currently there's no message that you have the module enabled so that you can see your own worm order but not the opponent's. A text appears only when you type /order which shows the opponent's worm order. This is an issue because you can have confusing worm names and change them every game and still be aware of your own worm order.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2021, 08:09 PM »
This is an issue because you can have confusing worm names and change them every game and still be aware of your own worm order.

Shouldn't that be prohibited in the first place? It might be simpler just to forbid this "tactic" of confusing the opponent by using gibberish worm names. Both blank names and gibberish worm names should not be allowed.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 08:14 PM by Albus »

Offline sock

« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2021, 08:53 PM »
This is an issue because you can have confusing worm names and change them every game and still be aware of your own worm order.

Shouldn't that be prohibited in the first place? It might be simpler just to forbid this "tactic" of confusing the opponent by using gibberish worm names. Both blank names and gibberish worm names should not be allowed.

That seems difficult to enforce.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2021, 08:54 PM »

That would be too hard to enforce.

If someone uses this "tactic", you can counter that using the module ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 08:56 PM by Albus »

Offline sock

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2021, 09:05 PM »
Then someone using that tactic should know you are using a module, even the playing field.