Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:39 AM

Author Topic: Wormkit module for ingame music?  (Read 7481 times)

Offline BigSheeno

Wormkit module for ingame music?
« on: October 24, 2019, 04:31 AM »
Hey all, first time poster here but a lifelong Worms player. I'm curious if there's any Wormkit module for increasing the ingame music playlist beyond what's in the DATA/Streams folder in W:A, in similar vein to wkTerrain I suppose.  I'd like to have the music from WWP and Worms 2 mixed in with the W:A ingame music altogether, instead of having to replace files and being limited to the 11 "slots" in the Streams folder.

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Wormkit module for ingame music?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 08:47 PM »
there isn't one available

Offline philie

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 12:21 PM »
hm, turn music off and play with an external player?

Offline terion

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 12:33 PM »
place .wav files in DATA\Streams\ingame (normal mode) or DATA\Streams\suddendeath (sudden death mode)
tested on gog 3.7.2.1 version, not sure about cd release (might need wkFileOverride) or other versions
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 12:35 PM by terion »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 05:41 PM »
where did that come from

Offline Korydex

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 06:46 PM »
place .wav files in DATA\Streams\ingame (normal mode) or DATA\Streams\suddendeath (sudden death mode)
tested on gog 3.7.2.1 version, not sure about cd release (might need wkFileOverride) or other versions
doesnt seem to work on cd version even with FileOverride

edit: cant get it to work even with gog version, error 7E
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 07:06 PM by Korydex »

Offline terion

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 07:41 PM »
doesnt seem to work on cd version even with FileOverride

edit: cant get it to work even with gog version, error 7E

seems like you're missing a shared library (this binary is linked against msvcp140.dll, vcruntime140.dll)
try installing "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" x86: vc_redist.x86.exe
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
direct link: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

Offline Korydex

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 08:01 PM »
now there's no error but still cant hear any new music with cd version

Offline terion

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 08:22 PM »
now there's no error but still cant hear any new music with cd version

you can try running the updated version of the dll (new tracks now use absolute file path instead of relative)

Offline BigSheeno

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 04:56 AM »
you can try running the updated version of the dll (new tracks now use absolute file path instead of relative)

This is really great, thank you so much! One thing I've noticed with it is that it seems to loop the same track repeatedly instead of moving onto a random other one. Do you know if there's any possible fix for that? Also I did have one game with stutters and a game crash when I exited the game, though I also had this a couple days ago regardless.

Offline terion

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 07:15 AM »
One thing I've noticed with it is that it seems to loop the same track repeatedly instead of moving onto a random other one. Do you know if there's any possible fix for that?

thanks for feedback, there was a dumb mistake in the code. try running this version

Offline BigSheeno

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 08:25 PM »
This is working brilliantly, thank you so much! There has been one small stutter with the most recent version, that's it though. It's only a brief stop in video/gameplay rather than the music though. The game wouldn't play .wavs I had rendered at 2822 kbps but I imagine that's likely just an aspect of the games music player. Just to try it out, I played against myself online to see how it would handle one computer without the module and it seemed to deal with it fine, except for one error message here:

I realized after that I'd moved the sudden death music files into the sudden death folder instead of copying them, so it's possible that those were causing some kind of conflict. Either way though, this is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for, great job!

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2019, 04:32 PM »
This is working brilliantly, thank you so much! There has been one small stutter with the most recent version, that's it though. It's only a brief stop in video/gameplay rather than the music though. The game wouldn't play .wavs I had rendered at 2822 kbps but I imagine that's likely just an aspect of the games music player. Just to try it out, I played against myself online to see how it would handle one computer without the module and it seemed to deal with it fine, except for one error message here:

I realized after that I'd moved the sudden death music files into the sudden death folder instead of copying them, so it's possible that those were causing some kind of conflict. Either way though, this is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for, great job!
44100khz is the max quality the music can go ingame.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 04:07 AM »
Hm... I wonder if it is gonna be possible to link the ingame audio to specific maps, such as if I have a level named from "Artan Desert 1.bit" to "Artan Desert 3.bit", the game would take ingame-03-desert-1.wav (I would put it as Oil Ocean Zone Act 1 from Sonic Mania) as the battle theme for them and if I have a level named from "Artan Desert 4.bit" to "Artan Desert 7.bit", the game would take ingame-04-desert-2.wav (I would put it as Oil Ocean Zone Act 2 from Sonic Mania) for those said levels). Any map outside of map specifcations in the ini file plays the stock game music for the terrain theme if PlayOnlyNewSongs is not equal to 1.

Example (Cyrilic):
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 1 = 03-ingame-desert-1.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 2 = 03-ingame-desert-1.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 3 = 03-ingame-desert-1.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 4 = 04-ingame-desert-2.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 5 = 04-ingame-desert-2.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 6 = 04-ingame-desert-2.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 7 = 04-ingame-desert-2.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - ѓpe« Pa¦apaќ = 55-ingame-boss.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - ѓpe« Heca¦y§ = 55-ingame-boss.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - ѓpe« TaўeҐo© = 55-ingame-boss.wav

I am pointing that out because I am dreaming about putting a music patch at my very first story build: Ultimate Worms Project.
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline taxibotolov856

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2020, 08:55 PM »
Doesn't work properly now :(
I don't know if this module will be updated to work on version 3.8