Forums
April 25, 2024, 10:10 PM

Author Topic: WormNET Moderations  (Read 4683 times)

Offline Lancelot

WormNET Moderations
« on: August 20, 2022, 02:46 PM »
Yes, I'm forced to create a topic here, because the mayhem on the WormNET server that one player creates makes it look like the official armageddon worm server is not moderated.

I'm talking about the Shark (ukraine flag and constantly playing mole shopper).

This inadequate player, in addition to insults in private messages, uses other people's nicknames to create chaos on the channel and confuse other players. Yes, he does this exclusively with Russian players: me (Lancelot), Slayer, QUATROUBLE, SVD, GooD-HasH and others. This has been happening for over a month now, maybe more than.

I contacted Steps, but he does not answer, I also turned to Deadcode in the discord, which also does not answer. Or they deliberately ignore my messages, thereby encouraging morons and fools who do what they want with impunity.

Now the audience's question is - how realistic it is to force the player to be punished, and how realistic it is to reproach the person who should be responsible for the order on the server?

Offline Kradie

Re: WormNET Moderations
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 03:29 PM »
I already made a topic on Identity Theft and not much really happened since then.
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tech-support/identity-theft-abuse-33934/

Hopefully the more people that speak up against this, could resolve the issue? Who knows. Not Like Team17 prioritizes WA.

I wonder if it is possible for TUS accounts to be linked to WormNET usernames.. I feel like I talked about this before... ???
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Echiko

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 03:59 PM »
I wrote it in T17 server on discord lots of times ago and we shouldn't ask them.

The only people who could do that are the ones who got the permission to modify stuff of the game.

If I could I would moderate WormNET without problems, but it looks like even moderating a server requires some time to be set up.

Moreover I don't think Deadcode and StepS don't answer on purpose, maybe they are working for the 3.9 stuff and may forget to answer or better they are instead very busy and cannot answer properly in that moment.
This user cannot be contacted through PMs.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 04:00 PM »
I also opened a thread about this 2 years ago in 2020, it was my first post on TUS. I think that was the reason for me joining this site. I complained about a brazilian player called "renkiller" who stole my nickname very often and called everyone the N word on wormnet in my name and repetitive idiotic things like "shemale cuck go die", sadly a few people even believed that it was me and that I was rascist. Just like in this situation, my nickname wasn't the only one renkiller stole and aliased, there were at least a dozen of us, it was annoying. And it was always the same concept, renkiller losing a game, or being kicked from a room for his previous quittings, he got mad, and in return he stole a person's nickname and sat on the lobby 0-24h to spread shit. After a while he got bored of doing this and thankfully disappeared. Trashtalking happens daily basis on AG that will never change, it's a part of us :-* But stealing another player's nickname out of pitiful revenge and pretending to be him and spreading toxic messages in his name is the lowest kind of scum behaviour, this really needs to change. If you write shit or trashtalk, do it from your own name and show your identity ;) :-\ :-\ :-\ Be straight, have a spine.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 11:35 PM by Lupastic »

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 04:16 PM »
I wrote it in T17 server on discord lots of times ago and we shouldn't ask them.

The only people who could do that are the ones who got the permission to modify stuff of the game.

If I could I would moderate WormNET without problems, but it looks like even moderating a server requires some time to be set up.

Moreover I don't think Deadcode and StepS don't answer on purpose, maybe they are working for the 3.9 stuff and may forget to answer or better they are instead very busy and cannot answer properly in that moment.

Well, in this case, WormNET needs a moderator so that I do not blame specific people in vain. at the moment the moderator, as I understand it, Steps. and the moderator is obliged to keep order, at least sometimes scroll through the logs or watch the chat in real time. and since this does not happen, then the moderator is inactive, and chaos may occur on the server

for example, I'm tired of changing my nickname and blocking various fake nicknames in snooper with offensive messages.

Yes, WA discord are a good idea, and the only thing you can do is show a link here and get a certain reaction to this call. I don't think the conflicts will end there.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 04:32 PM »
WormNET is not a place to chat though. It is first and foremost a place to set up games. Not to chat about everyday life and so on. If somebody is being offensive, just Ignore them and move on. It isn't your job to sit through and read chat in real time. It is a game where you log into and play your games.

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 04:40 PM »
WormNET is not a place to chat though. It is first and foremost a place to set up games. Not to chat about everyday life and so on. If somebody is being offensive, just Ignore them and move on. It isn't your job to sit through and read chat in real time. It is a game where you log into and play your games.

If you do not understand the meaning and consequences of this case, you do not need to comment on this matter. After all, you are not kicked from the games, looking at your flag, under which you play? That's not the point, but you should put yourself in my place before you write nonsense  ???

Offline Kradie

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2022, 04:50 PM »

If you do not understand the meaning and consequences of this case, you do not need to comment on this matter. After all, you are not kicked from the games, looking at your flag, under which you play? That's not the point, but you should put yourself in my place before you write nonsense  ???
If people are removed from games due to their ethnicity, then it reveals more about their character. Why would you associate yourself with the likes of them? Just avoid people that boots you, and let others make up their own mind about you. There will always be villains and bad guys, Including here on WA too. No need to complain that you got kicked of your ethnicity. You cannot force people to play with you.

My opinion is a general value and a belief. It matters in the grand schemes of things. A person should not be able to surpress it. We already got that enough going on already.

Offline Echiko

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2022, 05:05 PM »
WormNET is a place to host games, of course, but this doesn't mean everyone can do whatever they want without respecting the others.
Being kicked from games because of someone's flag is another topic btw. Because of that, of course, a moderator couldn't do too much because it is a different thing from a game to another. Yet, WormNET shouldn't be a place where people should lack of respect, insult or stealing other people's nickname to fool others or to make fun of the owner of that nickname.

Everyone comes with a problem and we should cooperate together to find a solution and let's keep talking on a cooperative point of view.

A moderator or two could be a solution, with a set of rules to be said and a sort of vademecum for the moderator is fundamental.

Or maybe this would be part of the next patch...? :)

Offline MarCello

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2022, 05:14 PM »
It also annoys me that, for example, the Brazilian host fires me because I'm Hungarian. And I even wrote down the rules. Ok, sometimes I'm a hypocrite too... But that's why need some kind of registration.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2022, 05:18 PM »
WormNET is a remnant of the old past, it doesn't need to be Infected with speech control. You cannot force respect down people's throat by Implementing laws and regulation that goes against their values.

If someone does not respect someone, you can either IGNORE and move on. However, if someone exhibits disrespect overwhelmingly on a regular basis, there should be Indeed a consequence. We should not however silence and ban people over the ''wrong kind of opinion'', and phrasing. 

Instead of Implementing rules and extreme moderation, just add new feature to the game that allows a user to shield themselves from negativity.

Also, getting removed from host room is NOT a problem, as I mentioned previously.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2022, 05:31 PM »
WormNET is based on IRC, that alone should already raise some red flags

Online FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2022, 06:30 PM »
I think the devs are aware of this issue. I think that if this were easy to solve, it would be already solved. Probably the main issue is Team17 permission. It's sad that cool stuff are being implemented in the game, but basic quality of life things such as having a f@#!ing account (like every online game) is not a thing yet.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2022, 07:20 PM »
I think the devs are aware of this issue. I think that if this were easy to solve, it would be already solved. Probably the main issue is Team17 permission. It's sad that cool stuff are being implemented in the game, but basic quality of life things such as having a f@#!ing account (like every online game) is not a thing yet.

This is a serious enough thing to ignore. I can understand developers who have no interest in games that came out a long time ago and do not bring them tangible income. I would like to hear from those who work with game updates and understand these things more. And also MI, who twice refused me to change the flag for justified reasons (yes, all players should be allowed to choose a country, but not abused, once every 6 months, it would be great). :)

Offline Echiko

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2022, 07:45 PM »
WormNET is based on IRC, that alone should already raise some red flags

Usually IRC servers have a way of registering a nickname, why us this totally lacking it?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 07:48 PM by Echiko »