Forums
April 23, 2024, 05:33 AM

Author Topic: WormNET Moderations  (Read 4668 times)

Re: WormNET Moderations
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2022, 08:55 PM »
there's not much you can do about it. w:a doesn't have an account system like modern games, to suspend particular accounts. cybershadow paid attention to wormnet moderation, but it all came down to manually identifying bad actors and ip blocking, which is easy to bypass.

in any case, the freedom of the w:a is much better than the reporting system of today's games (and services in general), where you randomly get banned for breaking services gibberish rules. ye, some people can waste their life time to fake you in worms armageddon. it's so miserable, you shouldn't even bother. just enjoy the game. it's been like that for 20 years here, no one really cares

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2022, 09:49 PM »
there's not much you can do about it. w:a doesn't have an account system like modern games, to suspend particular accounts. cybershadow paid attention to wormnet moderation, but it all came down to manually identifying bad actors and ip blocking, which is easy to bypass.

in any case, the freedom of the w:a is much better than the reporting system of today's games (and services in general), where you randomly get banned for breaking services gibberish rules. ye, some people can waste their life time to fake you in worms armageddon. it's so miserable, you shouldn't even bother. just enjoy the game. it's been like that for 20 years here, no one really cares

Maybe you're right, bro, but the order on wormnet should still be

Offline Kradie

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2022, 09:52 PM »
Impossible speaks truth. 8)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Echiko

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2022, 10:03 PM »
Well, if mods are so much of a "threat" to freedom speech (not at all but let's skip this topic :D), a login service could be the solution I think, so at least everyone's identity couldn't be stolen anymore.
This user cannot be contacted through PMs.

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2022, 11:07 PM »
You can't ban somebody who will most likely return with a new IP 5 minutes later. That's usually the case.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2022, 11:10 PM »
You guys care too much... Just type /ignore and move on.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2022, 12:15 AM »
in any case, the freedom of the w:a is much better than the reporting system of today's games (and services in general), where you randomly get banned for breaking services gibberish rules.

I don't agree with this, because in WA people are banned for NO REASON all the time, while on other games such as League of Legends the people I know that complained about being banned were indeed very toxic playing the game. So the company really has more control to punish toxic players and benefit the ones with good behavior. I think I was banned only for a few days and the company was right about it. Also, toxic people are usually addicted to the game. They play because their life are not ok, so they play to "escape" from the problems and they discharge all the fury and hate on other players.

People should be able to play with other nicknames if they want, but people should know which account the nick belongs. Also, I think that if people change nicknames all the time, this is not cool, becomes it turns into a mess. After changing a nickname people should need to wait some good time to be able to change again.

ye, some people can waste their life time to fake you in worms armageddon. it's so miserable, you shouldn't even bother. just enjoy the game. it's been like that for 20 years here, no one really cares

Well, some people do care, but I agree that it is better to ignore. The more replies and audience you give to the troll, the more the troll will see that his work is affecting you, or that he is becoming famous so it will encourage him/her to continue. But, I think it is better when you have the power to remove toxic people from activity and erase racist/LGBTphobic, Xenophobic comments from the community.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 12:17 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2022, 08:10 AM »
in any case, the freedom of the w:a is much better than the reporting system of today's games (and services in general), where you randomly get banned for breaking services gibberish rules.

I don't agree with this, because in WA people are banned for NO REASON all the time, while on other games such as League of Legends the people I know that complained about being banned were indeed very toxic playing the game. So the company really has more control to punish toxic players and benefit the ones with good behavior. I think I was banned only for a few days and the company was right about it. Also, toxic people are usually addicted to the game. They play because their life are not ok, so they play to "escape" from the problems and they discharge all the fury and hate on other players.

People should be able to play with other nicknames if they want, but people should know which account the nick belongs. Also, I think that if people change nicknames all the time, this is not cool, becomes it turns into a mess. After changing a nickname people should need to wait some good time to be able to change again.

ye, some people can waste their life time to fake you in worms armageddon. it's so miserable, you shouldn't even bother. just enjoy the game. it's been like that for 20 years here, no one really cares

Well, some people do care, but I agree that it is better to ignore. The more replies and audience you give to the troll, the more the troll will see that his work is affecting you, or that he is becoming famous so it will encourage him/her to continue. But, I think it is better when you have the power to remove toxic people from activity and erase racist/LGBTphobic, Xenophobic comments from the community.

Or increase control over it. At the moment, based on the words written above, there is no one to moderate the server. On any server there should be a person who, although rarely, would look after the order. But we do not even have a rare moderation, and this is not good

The question is, how realistic is it to somehow punish violators on WormNET?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2022, 09:06 AM »
1. can you use that on WormNET channel lobbies?
2. does the collective list of ignores get stored somewhere so one doesn't have to type out the entire list every time one joins WormNET?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2022, 04:47 PM »
1. can you use that on WormNET channel lobbies?
2. does the collective list of ignores get stored somewhere so one doesn't have to type out the entire list every time one joins WormNET?
With Great Snooper you can make an Ignore list and it is saved by default.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2022, 06:08 AM »
Yes, I understand the humor of some players, as well as the inability to suggest things. Instead, they begin to flood into a topic that requires serious attention from higher-ranking people in worms.

And yes, several days have passed, and none of the representatives of the server moderation have responded to the call that I threw in the discord. A certain conclusion suggests itself that it is not interesting for anyone to ensure order and adequacy on the server. However, the usual situation, as in our country. You are no different from us, and are also mired in a swamp, like everyone else.

Technologies are developing, artificial intelligence is gaining independence, and we are still not able to punish the damn handicapped morons.

Offline Lupastic

Re: Identity Theft & Abuse
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2022, 10:36 AM »
sooo as of today, ukranian player Shark is stealing my nickname now, and sitting on snooper 0-24H :D spamming me with useless messages almost all day long from various nicknames that he is stealing from others and pretending to be them.

the screenshot below shows that he's sitting on "Lupastic" name, and I'm from Lupastic`FS.

if any of you guys want to schedule something or ask from games, message me on Lupastic`FS :-* damn Shark, I really feel sorry for your "life"

today and in the past days Shark is stealing the nicknames of at least 5 players, including Slayer, GoodHash, Mai, Lancelot, Maxko + me now. on the 3 attached files below here shows it is not Slayer, Mai, etc writing those sentences, it's all Shark xd this guy is crazy, needs to be put on medications ;D

monkeyisland, don't delete my comments once again pls, and don't lock the forum threads, we would like to express our opinions when something like this happens, and you're just making it a bit more difficult :) I know you don't visit wormnet, but we do. and this is the easiest way to let people know who care about it ofc : ]

Offline Echiko

Re: Re: Identity Theft & Abuse
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2022, 10:50 AM »
He writes in caps sentences like those in the screenshot I made from websnoop (currently I am not at the pc)

Offline Echiko

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2022, 11:02 AM »
I am victim as well. My flag is not Mexican.

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2022, 11:07 AM »
I think I'll stop calling moderators respectable, they don't do their job.

I'm also willing to keep my shit to myself to pour it on WormNeT moderator's head.
But let him not worry, if he is not alone, there will be enough for everyone, be sure D: