Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:30 AM

Author Topic: Worms History - From Rankings to the birth of TUS  (Read 19173 times)

Re: Worms History - From Rankings to the birth of TUS
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 01:18 PM »
Found a couple of playoff threads on ye olde fb forums between the spambot threads :)

Season 19 playoffs (cancelled - names in bold won their games)

[1.] fr4nk vs. [16.] Alex13
[2.] Ramb0 vs. [15.] NvM
[3.] Dibz vs. [14.] crash
[4.] Benzine vs. [13.] Wyvern
[5.] Volcom vs. [12.] Face
[6.] n4no vs. [11.] Killger
[7.] uLeaD vs. [10.] Gonzo
[8.] Random00 vs. [9.] RoQQo

[1.] dt vs. [4.] bfw
[2.] CKC vs. [3.] cB

Season 20 playoffs:

(1.) Ramb0 - Jakkazor (16.)
(8.) WookA - mo0k (9.)
(5.) TheKomodo - Pirian (12.)
(4.) hakfinn - Anubis (13.)
(3.) Roqqo - Breeze (14.)
(6.) crash - Agneau (11.)
(7.) Face - Killgore (10.)
(2.) fr4nk - Mirux (15.)

(1.) Ramb0 - mo0k (9.)
(12.) Pirian - hakfinn (4.) Both players disqualified
(14.) Breeze - crash (6.)
(7.) Face - Mirux (15.)

(1.) Ramb0 - Pirian (12)/hakfinn (4.) (freebie for Ramb0)
(6.) crash - Face (7.)

(1.) Ramb0 - crash (6.)

Clan:

(1) dt - sL (4)
(2) pL - sw (3)

(1) dt - pL (2) - Not played.

Season 21:

round 1:

(1.) Ramb0 - Twyrfher (16.)
(8.) Random00 - nano (9.)
(5.) Dibz - Agneau (12.)
(4.) Mil2 - Rain (13.)
(3.) crash - god2k (14.)
(6.) Husk - Face (11.)
(7.) Skippa - Leroy (10.)
(2.) fr4nk - Ryan (15.)

round 2:

(1.) Ramb0 - Random00 (8.)
(5.) Dibz - Mil2 (4.)
(3.) crash - Husk (6.)
(10.) Leroy - Ryan (15.)

semifinal:

(1.) Rambo - Mil2 (4.)
(6.) Husk - Ryan (15.)

finals:

(4.) Mil2 - Husk (6.)

clan semis:

(1) pL - sF (4)
(2) dt - sL (3)

clan finals:

(1) pL - sL (3) cancelled

Season 22:

(1.) Ramb0 - skippa (16.)
(8.) nano - xLo (9.)
(5.) IllBeBack - Blizzard (12.)
(4.) Benzine - Chicken23 (13.)
(3.) Dibz - Franz (14.)
(6.) Husk - Killgore (11.)
(7.) Random00 - Digo (10.)
(2.) crash - Leroy (15.)

quarter finals:

(1.) Ramb0 - nano (8.)
(5.) IllBeBack - Chicken23 (13.)
(3.) Dibz - Husk (6.) both inactive on fb.
(7.) Random00 - Leroy (15.)

semi finals:

(1.) Ramb0 - IllBeBack (5.)
(3.) Dibz/(6.) Husk - Random00 (7.) - freebie for Random00

finals:

(1.) Ramb0 - Random00 (7.)

Clan: cancelled.

(1) pL - SSX (4)
(3) sF - sL (2)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:21 PM by DarkOne »

Offline StepS

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 01:36 PM »
ye, i visited fb.laene.nl two years ago i think, and it was still alive. do you have any other backup rather than this?
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline rU`

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 01:55 PM »
very good initiative Crazy!  :-*

also good stuff Crazy, Darkone and Co.

RoQQo aka Gonzho lol that dude was funny as hell, wonder where he gone
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 02:30 PM »
The polish Gonzo ?
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline rU`

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 09:42 AM »
yea Pirian!

It was Gonzho though, not to confuse with the German Gonzo.

Offline theredi

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 10:22 AM »

he works as flight attendant now ;] i think no time for worms for him ;/

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 10:38 AM »
excellent post Crazy

There was a WL awards tourney that was sort of the best of the best. It happened twice as their were two WL awards. I remember because the first one IBB beat me by playing lame in bng.

The second one i reached the final and lost to Volcom, on quater finals i beat templest, semi finals i beat MPH and then Volcom won the deciding pro (i won bng, him roper) on a 2 level carvern t17 map lol.

I was also staff at cl2k but got booted when i decided to start AL league with anubis, deano and mini.

I may have some records from xtc winners and AL as was admin of both leagues..

I've never deleted a replay, it would be interesting to see whats on my very old pc that sits in the attic.

Crazy, have you spoken to KRD? He started working on a similar project of acheiving the WA history? He may be able to help, also. Maybe we should start a database to compile this information? We could have confirmed stats from web achieves and hard evidence, compared to unconfirmed results from people's stories etc.. if someone said they won a season, its going to be fairly easy to prove as can research into it...

Also, what about WEL results?

ps.
any chance of getting the runners up to wacl? That season win by EiF, we lost to them in the finals, mrraja used silkworm bng cheat to win  :(
I remember CKC making a few other WACL playoffs vs HoS and TEA.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:42 AM by Chicken23 »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 05:27 PM »
Also

What about getting some results for wwp? Plenty of leagues like cbc and season winners for clanners and singles!

I think TuS could create a new tab of 'community history' and all these accolades could be compiled into an awesome achieve of champions and season winners  ;D

I'd be happy to help the research.. as many tournies as possible and everything could be found.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 06:32 PM »
the best part of the FB forums is that you can read their private forums (or could last time I checked)

Their staff was way off in their alias realizations, though.

chicken if you never deleted your replays could you do a search for "ropa" and make me a .rar pls bro
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline rU`

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 07:00 PM »
Also

What about getting some results for wwp? Plenty of leagues like cbc and season winners for clanners and singles!

I think TuS could create a new tab of 'community history' and all these accolades could be compiled into an awesome achieve of champions and season winners  ;D

I'd be happy to help the research.. as many tournies as possible and everything could be found.

Good idea Pollo23

Although it's gonna be hard, try to get in touch with Nephalim. As you may remember, he was the owner of CBC.

His email used to be nephalim[at]hotmail[dot]com

CBClans was ruled by KTC and LoR mainly. There were also some good clans which deserve to be mentioned, such as FeW (Lalo and other Americans), wQw (I personally didn't like most of them... sorry Dulek<3) and pB; Mast3r, Alias, Flori and me xD (we won a couple of seasons) I also remember a clan called wA which were formed by w:a players who tried to conquer the w:wp streetz, muaahah. In the end they didn't. Probably because they were more focused on w:a...

CBSingles was ruled by SoLo, Lyte aka Slaw, Oso and me on their last days :-[

Also, Glady might have some info from ktc clan site, as this clan earned the most achievements in w:wp.

The competition was too low compared to w:a. One thing is for sure, w:wp players always prefered to play funners over league games. I remember playing Ropers only zook (OZ) on Fabrouse and Aenemic maps. When I first came to w:a, I got annoyed by its players due to taking ropers way too serious. They used only mines and grenades, even in funners! At this point, we can't compare both communities since w:wp died long time ago, plus it got merged with w:a... what I wanted to state is that the Freestyle and "play for fun" spirit comes from w:wp. I realize that I'm generalizing here, but that's my opinion /offtopic

EDIT:  

http://web.archive.org/web/20071102222847/http://cbc-wwp.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=3

That's all I managed to get so far... some CBClans winners of 2007, which were the last w:wp sessions... it died in October'07

first time I'm using this wayback archive tool... it's cool but I don't know how to handle it
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 08:13 PM by Leroy »

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 11:15 PM »
More worms history not included in the first post:
http://wormolympics.com/previous

The attached file has txt files of all but 4 of the RRkit tourneys. I also have a bunch of rating calculations (for the first 20 or so tourneys at least), but not sure if those are interesting enough :)

Offline Rok

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Here's everything that's been captured about cbc, if someone wanna browse through it.

http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://www.cbc-wwp.com/phpbb2/*

Hola, Tower!
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 02:18 PM »
Also

I think TuS could create a new tab of 'community history' and all these accolades could be compiled into an awesome achieve of champions and season winners  ;D

Good idea Pollo23

Although it's gonna be hard, try to get in touch with Nephalim. As you may remember, he was the owner of CBC.

His email used to be nephalim[at]hotmail[dot]com

CBClans was ruled by KTC and LoR mainly. There were also some good clans which deserve to be mentioned, such as FeW (Lalo and other Americans), wQw (I personally didn't like most of them... sorry Dulek<3) and pB; Mast3r, Alias, Flori and me xD (we won a couple of seasons) I also remember a clan called wA which were formed by w:a players who tried to conquer the w:wp streetz, muaahah. In the end they didn't. Probably because they were more focused on w:a...

CBSingles was ruled by SoLo, Lyte aka Slaw, Oso and me on their last days :-[

Also, Glady might have some info from ktc clan site, as this clan earned the most achievements in w:wp.

The competition was too low compared to w:a. One thing is for sure, w:wp players always prefered to play funners over league games. I remember playing Ropers only zook (OZ) on Fabrouse and Aenemic maps. When I first came to w:a, I got annoyed by its players due to taking ropers way too serious. They used only mines and grenades, even in funners! At this point, we can't compare both communities since w:wp died long time ago, plus it got merged with w:a... what I wanted to state is that the Freestyle and "play for fun" spirit comes from w:wp. I realize that I'm generalizing here, but that's my opinion /offtopic

EDIT:  

http://web.archive.org/web/20071102222847/http://cbc-wwp.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=3

That's all I managed to get so far... some CBClans winners of 2007, which were the last w:wp sessions... it died in October'07

first time I'm using this wayback archive tool... it's cool but I don't know how to handle it

I'm pretty sure wA did end up winning at least one cbc season?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 10:41 AM »
very good initiative Crazy!  :-*

also good stuff Crazy, Darkone and Co.

Lol, he was swearing all the polish saints everytime

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Here's everything that's been captured about cbc, if someone wanna browse through it.

http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://www.cbc-wwp.com/phpbb2/*

Hola, Tower!

Wow, old stuff, just read I won PO in october 2006, who the hell remembers that lol

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser