Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:04 PM

Author Topic: Worms management/streaming community for Worms Armageddon  (Read 1452 times)

Offline TheKaren

It's time to take WA to the next level, and i'm a guy with enough time, passion and just about enough brains to get the job done :)

I'm looking for seriously dedicated, passionate people here, you do not have to be a top skilled player of the game, the most important requirements are you being truly passionate about this game, this community and creating projects, events, moments where people can enjoy their online experience.

We know how it is, a lot of us didn't fit into normal social life, a lot of us suffered from bullying, abuse, medical conditions, heartbreak, didn't fit in, or just simply enjoy sitting in playing games because it's fun, and there are lots of interesting friendly faces here, heck, even the slightly more crazy people make it fun at times lol.

To some people it might sound lame, weak, sad or pathetic, but for some reason everytime i've hit a low point in my life, this game and the people i've played with have helped me put things back into perspective.

Clans, communities and leagues have been the backbone of this game since day 1.

We have the technology to take this to the next level, that's my dream for this game...

Initially, the plan is to setup a community with at least 3 or 4 people who meet at least some of the following requirements:

Has good hardware for streaming
Has good internet connection - This is crucial for streaming
Knows how to stream or wants to learn
Ambitious to learn from others & help others
Knows history of players/schemes/communities
Video editing
Art design
Good knowledge of designing maps - I have plans for this
Knowledge of game physics, how to explain how WA works
Can donate money/prizes for events - Will also like to do events for charities in future
Anything else that would be useful - If you feel like you can contribute, please feel free to contact me

We will also need commentators & presenters for streams and shows, yes you read that right, shows, I have some rough plans and ideas for a weekly show that's gonna really help bring the community closer together, and hopefully generate new interest in the game :)

These are some of the things you can expect from this community:

One of the highest priorities is live stream coverage of popular highly skilled competitive events, such as:

TUS PO's
Tournaments
Cup Group games, KO's and Finals
Worm Olympics
EAC
CWT

This is probably going to be the most exciting project, a kinda TV show that will appear on YouTube and/or Twitch, details of this will be kept private until the ideas can be followed through, but trust me, it's gonna be WILD!

Making videos for YouTube, showcasing players skills and talents over the years.

Making tutorials, how to play schemes, how to make maps/fanfares/flags/graves and how to host games etc

Special charity events - In time I believe we will grow popular, and we can organize special fun games where for example, the winners decide what charity to donate to.

Interviews and AMA with famous players.

You all know me, I don't f**k about, as much as you like or or don't like me for my opinions about almost everything you know I take this stuff seriously and will do my very best to make it as interesting, fun, educational and special for everyone.

Please only volunteer for this if you can commit to it seriously, I would treat it as a mini-career-for-fun in your spare time, you won't get paid for this with money, but you will more than likely learn skills, develop other talents and interests which could lead to something outside of WA as a real career. But most importantly, you will make WA a better game to play and WormNet/TUS a better place to be, and that's what we all want :)

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:09 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline STRGRN

Re: Worms management/streaming community for Worms Armageddon
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 02:56 PM »
I recommend that you talk to goom. He's a good streamer and meets more than half of the requirements above. Another person you can talk to is TheMadCharles. He knows quite a bit of history of players/schemes/communities, art design, knowledge of game physics, scheme design etc. I'd love to join as well, but I'm not sure if I can contribute much other than making a bunch of schemes and (possibly) small donations

also, it really does sound lame, weak, sad and pathetic

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:06 PM »
me? no thx. Try asking StepS and/or WTF-8

Offline Kradie

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 03:13 PM »
I think it is a wonderful Idea, there's nothing sad and pathetic about it.

What I believe you might need is to make a team, and a team needs a leader and structure.
David? Your heart is in the right place and a lot of people could benefit of this.

Good luck in your endeavor lad, it is very ambitious and I hope it works. :)

If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 03:24 PM »
He isn't referring to the idea lol, rather to the statement I made, which I know, does sound really pathetic to some people, but I know things others don't, or ignore.

Anyway.

Please don't post with suggestions of other people who might or might not be interested, if they are interested they will say so themselves, if you REALLY must make a suggestion, please PM me instead of posting in this thread.

What I believe you might need is to make a team, and a team needs a leader and structure.

That's exactly what i'm doing lol, finding people to build a team ;)

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 06:37 PM »
To some people it might sound lame, weak, sad or pathetic, but for some reason everytime i've hit a low point in my life, this game and the people i've played with have helped me put things back into perspective.

Those people have other hobbies that sound sad and lame to me, like football  ;D Can't argue with taste.

You might want to hit up Khamski - I'm not sure if he's still interested in this, but I know after/during the last couple of CWT editions, he was talking about plans to take streaming to the next level. He also tried his best to update his streams (last couple of streams, for example, he added icons on the screen depicting the weapons people used in any particular round) and the quality of streams was always good. Commentating was also great, especially if Wally joined us. That man is a commentating machine.
Who knows? Finding a kindred spirit instead of lazy people like me could fire him up to up the ante with regards to streaming even more.

I'm suggesting this because Khamski doesn't frequent TUS, but of course, I can't speak on his behalf.
I've also linked Kayz (another CWT streamer) to this thread, up to him whether he sees anything in this to work for :)

As for editing videos, what kind of stuff do you have in mind? I'm busy editing my 4th, but I'm going slow again for that, probably doesn't help that I don't really have a deadline in mind :) Perhaps having some other regular editing to do will motivate me more to get the big project going, too.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 08:55 PM »
*cough* WAR *cough* *choke*

Offline Anubis

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 08:58 PM »
*cough* WAR *cough* *choke*

You mean this dedicated forum to a very similar project?

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon-promotion-project/

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 09:29 PM »
Yeah there are some similarities with the worms armageddon promotion project, they had some nice ideas but didn't really follow through enough and they don't seem as ambitious or eager enough to form a serious, disciplined and dedicated team.

I can't do it alone, I can contribute quite a lot but need help, I have the hardware to stream and do video editing but need to study efficient methods of streaming and advanced video editing, I can host events, commentate, make soundtracks, sound effects and music for videos, tv shows and streams, donate money and prizes for events, i'm obviously versed in WA history and know a lot about the community and players, as well as knowing a fair amount about the game physics although not as much as others do.

@DarkOne - If you can make some videos, or are skilled enough in video editing I may have a fantastic job for you but we'd have to talk privately so I can give you details, then you can tell me what's possible and what's not, as I don't know how much time it would take and if you could even allocate that time to this project, if not, there is nothing stopping you from teaching me and I can do this myself, music and gaming is all I wanna do with my life so I have tons of time to lead this project.

It seems Khamski knows a lot about streaming, if he had the time to talk me through setting up my other laptop to stream we could have this project underway quite fast.

With streaming I plan to have a cool layout on twitch, I have a professional mic and stand etc through doing music production so I can easily setup a gaming/video booth, anyone else with this capability and we could have some very awesome twitch streams :)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 09:41 PM »
I plan on being available for streaming pretty much all weekend every weekend, and every weekday mon-fri 7am-1pm gmt.

That's how much time I can dedicate to this project, pretty much ALL my spare time when i'm not at work.

I don't expect anyone else to put THAT much time in, but if you can work in routine, dedicate a certain amount of time each week, we can work with that :)

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 10:24 PM »
too bad I don't have the power to record, my pc is too crap for OBS

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 12:09 PM »
I would, Komo, but I still need a reply to the previous PM I sent you this week ;D

With regards to videos, WA promotion project had a youtube channel set up and ready to go, but as mentioned before, few actions taken afterwards. Either they could relinquish control of the channel, restart their efforts or a fresh start could be had (either entirely new channel or other existing channel).

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 12:36 PM »
I already answered that d1 lol, wse in general for me.

Spoke to goom think we're gonna set something up :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:54 PM by TheKomodo »

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 02:45 PM »
This website begs to differ, but I guess I know enough now :p

Let's pm for the rest to not clutter up the thread

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 04:03 PM »
I would, Komo, but I still need a reply to the previous PM I sent you this week ;D

With regards to videos, WA promotion project had a youtube channel set up and ready to go, but as mentioned before, few actions taken afterwards. Either they could relinquish control of the channel, restart their efforts or a fresh start could be had (either entirely new channel or other existing channel).
or publish videos to cuesharks' channel (if he would allow this), he has more following on youtube than all of us combined (except for the famous rockstar TOMT)