Forums
May 03, 2024, 07:19 AM

Author Topic: Video Extraction  (Read 1626 times)

Video Extraction
« on: August 25, 2010, 10:31 AM »
So, probably a braindead question, but, can someone help me with how to extract the video of a game to an editable format?

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Video Extraction
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 10:39 AM »
Actually I am interested in this also:

How do you make movies with worms replays? Like put together some nice shots etc?

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Actually I am interested in this also:

How do you make movies with worms replays? Like put together some nice shots etc?

Yeah, that's exactly what I want to do!

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 11:08 AM »
If you right click on a worms replay you can choose 'export video'.

Put in the start time and end time of your glorious moment together with the resolution you would like to export at.

Once this has finished you will have a series of frames that make up your clip.  These will be inside your user/capture directory.

Then download Vdub if you don't already have it.

Open file and choose the first frame of your exported sequence.  Vdub will then load the whole sequence. 

Because worms runs at 50 frames per second *Make sure you change it to 50fps* before saving your video.

Vdub will let you save your replay as an avi file and you can choose different codecs and stuff.  I'm not very good with that side of things.

All I do is save as an uncompressed avi and then load that avi into Adobe Premier Pro so I can put all the clips together and make a movie.  Some people use movie maker which is fine too.

I know that it is possible to turn your replays into flash movies too which will be another option but I haven't looked into this in any depth yet.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Thank you very much Cue, I will try this tomorrow :)

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 11:09 PM »
Oh, sweet. Hopefully I can make this work, thanks cue!

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 11:42 PM »
No worries.

Let us know if you have any problems.

:<

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 03:28 AM »
Ah, so you have to note down at which time you made the shot you want to capture? That could be a hassle. I downloaded Vdub, (which I suppose is VirtualDub), and we'll see what I can get out of this.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 06:12 AM »
dilla, check your replay before extracting it, as in watch it, take note of when you want the recording to begin, and then when you want it to stop, for example, a BnG shot, I would start the recording about 1 seconds before the pwoer bar starts, and end it when the damage taken shows, or when the grav blows up, remember and extract the video to a good resolution, I personally extracted it to the resolution I play the game with.

This tutorial will let you know all the basic stuff, and if you don't understand anything, just give me a shout on MSN or something and I will try to explain:

http://worms2d.info/Creating_a_Worms_movie

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 10:16 AM »
Awesome, thanks Komo, I'll take a look at that.

dilla, check your replay before extracting it, as in watch it...
That's a better idea than going by minutes, ha.

Thanks ^^

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 10:23 AM »
Cue, what would be the reason for not seeing 'Export Video' when I right-click a game replay?