Forums
April 23, 2024, 09:39 PM

Author Topic: Worms Showcase 2  (Read 12059 times)

Offline Hakfinn

Re: Worms Showcase 2
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 01:47 PM »
I collect the replays and later I will send u to this email :)
Wanna play my maps? No problem, you can find my maps at http://www.wmdb.org/users/Hakfinn  Let's play and enjoy!

Offline JayP

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 01:52 PM »
Brilliant, I only saw this now. Somer seriously good stuff here.... Its the kinda stuff that makes me remember I could never rope properly lol!
Skill comes and goes,
But Class is Eternal

Offline Hakfinn

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2010, 02:08 PM »
I allready sent one replay to u Cue ;) ey yo check it 8)
Wanna play my maps? No problem, you can find my maps at http://www.wmdb.org/users/Hakfinn  Let's play and enjoy!

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2010, 02:36 PM »
Keep it up, hak :)

will we be enriched by JayP replays as well?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 01:56 AM »
only in bng  ::)

Offline JayP

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2010, 03:47 PM »
Ah yes yes replays Im sure I can do up one or two... cheating is ok right? jk
Skill comes and goes,
But Class is Eternal

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2010, 04:44 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why we don't see Cue here?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2010, 05:02 PM »
I am sure he is pretty busy with Jessica around... :) This is why not.

Offline Flori

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010, 02:55 PM »
Is it possible to send a 40sec replay ? :/ I think thats the best i have, but a bit long meaybe :/ i'll watch for all my saves replays...

Offline Zemke

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2010, 05:19 PM »
I have the same problem like the most of the people here, I can't find past replays which include this nice moves. I've just hung around at worms2d.info as quite often and I found something very useful. ReplayShark is a third-party modul of WormKit which means you download the .dll file from the link given above and copy it into your Worms Armageddon directory. This programm requires WormKit to work so you have to watch the replays with WormKit.exe, when you press crtl + F12 a replay will be saved in the /Users/ReplayShark folder which starts from the moment you pressed crtl + F12.
The idea for this module came from Cueshark himself and it works not only in replays also in online games. Very useful in my opinion and maybe it will help for Showcase 3.   ;)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 05:37 PM by PiNK` »

Offline Ray

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Does that mean you can start kind of recording a new replay while watching a replay? Also, does that work while you are playing? Not like it was useful since one cannot know when a brilliant movement is coming, even tho one plans... but still :)

Offline Koras

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2010, 06:45 PM »
30 s is not enough for 'onl' players  :-[ especially since some good tourns take from 20 to 30seconds:P

anyway if someona want see some good moves check it  8)
btw most of them is not 'luck' like yours bng shots  :P

ONL best move contest: seasones1,2,3 and 4.

hf, worth to watch even if U dont like best worms schemme ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:49 PM by Koras »

Offline Zemke

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2010, 06:52 PM »
Does that mean you can start kind of recording a new replay while watching a replay?
Yes.

Also, does that work while you are playing?
Yes.

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2010, 06:53 PM »
Flori: nope, 40 seconds is too long. However, you don't have to have entire turns to be in your showcase section :) You can limit the parts you want shown to just parts of your turns so you can have more things added.

PiNK: Yeah, that's what I used too way back :) It was the sole reason for me having wk, too.

Ray: while you're playing and something awesome happens, you press ctrl-F12 and Replayshark will create a copy of the replay of the game you're currently in. The filename will also have times in them; the time in the filename is 30 seconds *before* you pressed ctrl-F12 (the dir is User/Replayshark)

Koras: most of those 30 seconds are filled with walking towards your target though and therefore not very spectacular :) There's no need to include the entire turn!

MonkeyIsland: what Ray said! (Jessica being Cueshark Jr.)

Offline Zemke

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2010, 07:03 PM »
Koras: most of those 30 seconds are filled with walking towards your target though and therefore not very spectacular :)

These are the best moves of one year Open Intermediate League and when you say they're not spectacular then Intermediate players have nothing to add here.  ::)