Forums
April 20, 2024, 01:27 AM

Poll

Would you play WA in a world without roping as we know it now? (can't be discovered)

Yes
13 (72.2%)
Not as much as I do now
2 (11.1%)
No
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Worms Without Roping?  (Read 756 times)

Offline Kradie

Worms Without Roping?
« on: August 22, 2021, 05:15 AM »
Hypothetically out of curiosity: Would you play Worms Armageddon in a world where the ninja rope was never realized of its full potential? For example: There would be no Shopper, no Roper, no BIG RR, and so on, just only ground schemes. You would still see the ninja rope in the inventory but you wouldn't know what to do with it as we do. You would come online and see only ground scheme hosted, and you ''may'' not see the people who played mostly for roping.

Would any league exists if the rope was never used as we know it? Would WA be what is it today?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Sycotropic

Re: Worms Without Roping?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 07:16 AM »
Yes definitely.. Even though the rope is an amazing mechanic, W:A ground mechanics and other weapons are also amazing. You could play schemes like Inter/T17/Elite without rope and it would be just as fun IMO.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 06:05 PM »
I'm going have to dare and say no. Rope is such an intricate part of my life here on Worms, without it I probably wouldn't be here.

As a child I played Worms 2 offline and that was fun but I can't find myself doing that today. When I entered the online portion of the game I was Immediately fascinated, because people utilized the rope in such weird alien way that I felt compelled to master it as well.

I am not entirely sure even the developers at the time thought of true potential of the rope when it was designed. I suppose it was inevitable that people would experiment with it. Though this topic does not ask if it is inevitable or not, or if the developers intended ot to be used as we know it now.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 06:09 PM »
I would play it even more.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 06:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the developers of WA had no f@#!ing idea in the world that one day players would be using the ninja rope for doing epic rope tricks that we know, that there would be trick race maps, warmers, the glitches.. They must have been like "Oh yeah a ninja rope, how cool, let them newbie n00b playerz shoot it twice in cavern maps, do rattles and take hours to climb over obstacles, hehe they would hardly ever use it anyway.." ??? ???

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 08:57 PM »
I played Worms on my Gameboy for years without Ninja Rope even existing so yeah i'd play it without it.

Also, i'd play Worms Armageddon if only Roping schemes existed.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 09:48 PM »
yeah i'd play it without it.

Also, i'd play Worms Armageddon if only Roping schemes existed.

Idem.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline skunk3

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 05:37 AM »
Maybe. I'll play just about any scheme but rope-based ones are definitely my favorite and are what keep me playing, mostly. For typical 'default' styles of games, I actually think that Worms Clan Wars (Battlegrounds on consoles) is more fun overall and Worms WMD isn't that bad if you make custom schemes. Ultimately it just depends on what I'm in the mood for. There's great players outside of WA.