Forums
April 18, 2024, 12:37 AM

Author Topic: zar roper is not more difficult than classic roper  (Read 5106 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: zar roper is not more difficult than classic roper
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2021, 12:42 PM »

@TheMadCharles, as you can see I never read anything that person says directly, never reply to them directly, it is only via the quotes of other people or post titles that appear on the main page where their text is visible so therefor have no idea what they are saying but i'm pretty sure it's either nonsense or an outright lie.

Which is why I am asking you specifically, what the purpose of dark souls has in the context of this conversation as even if I could see their text it would mean less than nothing to me as they are completely untrustworthy.

Offline Jessa

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2021, 01:35 PM »
Which is why I am asking you specifically, what the purpose of dark souls has in the context of this conversation as even if I could see their text it would mean less than nothing to me as they are completely untrustworthy.

Dark Souls has created the entire community around highly respected games that are very difficult and unforgiving. The learning curve in such games is both challenging and extremely rewarding to the players. The workshop that you need to do over yourself is real, and pushes you to the extremes, making you a significantly better player.

The same goes with Zar. It's something that you will probably never understand, as you are limited to the schemes on Easy mode, like Classic Roper and cherishing on your ignorance. You could as well just play Sims at this point, or some kids' games with a checkpoint every 30 seconds, and I wouldn't see the difference.

What is baffling me, however, is your immaturity and butthurt about somebody's opinion (to think that you needed to make the whole forum topic, to cheer yourself up that your scheme doesn't suck, makes me feel like you are just not mentally prepared for life). If you can't even handle somebody's opinion, then maybe you shouldn't be on this forum. Seriously bruh. You barely do anything here beyond humiliating yourself and acting like a 5 year old.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2021, 01:41 PM »
1st off, Dark Souls is easier than Worms Armageddon.

You are not TheMadCharles.

I am now ignoring your ridiculous alias account and any other future accounts you decide to make, it's obvious who you are and how full of sh*t you are.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2021, 06:38 PM »
I can perhaps understand to some degree, and can share some sentiment provided by Jessa. However, the formulation of the post and the expression Jessa used, I do not support.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2021, 11:17 PM »

Dark Souls has created the entire community around highly respected games that are very difficult and unforgiving. The learning curve in such games is both challenging and extremely rewarding to the players. The workshop that you need to do over yourself is real, and pushes you to the extremes, making you a significantly better player.

The same goes with Zar. It's something that you will probably never understand, as you are limited to the schemes on Easy mode, like Classic Roper and cherishing on your ignorance. You could as well just play Sims at this point, or some kids' games with a checkpoint every 30 seconds, and I wouldn't see the difference.

What is baffling me, however, is your immaturity and butthurt about somebody's opinion (to think that you needed to make the whole forum topic, to cheer yourself up that your scheme doesn't suck, makes me feel like you are just not mentally prepared for life). If you can't even handle somebody's opinion, then maybe you shouldn't be on this forum. Seriously bruh. You barely do anything here beyond humiliating yourself and acting like a 5 year old.
It appears somebody cannot handle somebodys opinion a degree more than the original somebody you are referring to

:)

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2021, 11:20 PM »
ZaR is harder

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2021, 05:42 AM »
it's difficult for the sake of being difficult

also masochism is a thing
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 05:46 AM by TheMadCharles »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2021, 06:19 AM »
it's difficult for the sake of being difficult

also masochism is a thing

See there's the thing though, Dark Souls isn't even difficult to learn.

I finished Dark Souls in less than a week(not 100%, just mandatory bosses), it took me longer to master the rope well enough to finish just basic training, and takes much, much longer to compete at the top level in any roping scheme. Granted, I sit and played games for like 10 hours a day every day back then lol.

And that's just Ninja Rope... All the different schemes, weapons, maps and combinations of all these would take way, way longer to master than all the Dark Souls games combined, i'd bet my life on that.

Dark Souls is for sure more challenging than the average game to memorize the patterns, because that's all it is, patterns and beautiful visuals with amazing sound. Speed runs are brilliant to watch that's where the real skill is in my opinion.

I'd say the top level of pretty much any game takes about the same amount of effort from anyone, because they all seem to dedicate the same amount of crazy hours and practise to get there, but that still doesn't make it hard if you are having fun.

My mentality is that nothing in this game or any other game is hard to learn, if you have the passion and the time it will come naturally over time, that doesn't make it hard, it's just time consuming.

Two of my favourite quotes in life:

"If you're not having fun then it's not worth doing"

"If something is 'too hard', then you would rather be doing something else"

Every single scheme in this game is easy to learn if you dedicate enough time and enjoy doing it with a burning passion, not just "Ooo, this is fun", i'm talking about constantly thinking about it night and day, having dreams. Skills will come naturally with time and practise, that's a fact.

All the best players i've ever seen in anything don't just practise, they always raise the bar, look at people like Dario and Mablak and their burning passion/addiction not to mention fascination for the game. They didn't just get good, they took it to the next level, guys like Dario and Mablak spent time learning how the game actually works, they learned the foundations then experimented, tested, memorized and shared that information which in turn made it possible for everyone to get even better.

You don't do that kind of thing if it isn't fun, if it's too hard.

zar, w2, classic roper are all easy very simple to understand and learn, it's a matter of improving your motor skills and cognitive abilities which is a simple matter of practise and time.

If you think either is more difficult then you are simply stroking your own ego.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2021, 11:47 AM »
If a person truly believe that anyone can master anything in high difficulty, then yes, it will become easy. This is why, video game have different difficulty settings from Easy to Expert, in which the ladder ZaR Roper stands as the most difficult of Roper, & W2roper. However, another definition can be made for example: If a less skilled person goes up against a skilled person, it will be harder by default, that holds true for any scheme.

It is only natural of a person to seek hardest challenge by upping the difficulty by choosing something more intense. In which where ZaR Roper is, with its 12 seconds turn time, 5 seconds retreat, bazooka handling, creative surgical bazooka shots made in mere seconds, and, mine & destructed terrain maneuvering. Of course, you have more to work with in Roper, but someone said that mine and grenade makes it easier to plant and deal damage, and it seems to be preferred choice by any players. ZaR, has a greater yield than Roper, and the community is a testament to that, because ZaR is both fun and rewarding.

I am proud to have been able to build great community, and I am thankful for everyone involved as member and nonmember. I think ZaR community, have made small to big  Impact for all players of WA, hopefully for the best, and seen as serious business when it comes to roping. It's just a shame that a particular group of people targets one particular person to undermine ZaR's accomplishment & relevance to Worms Armageddon. Worms Armageddon is small community, we should only be so lucky that there are people active, actively trying to make good environment for people.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Korydex

Offline FireRat2

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2021, 03:30 PM »
-> They say Kradie is the troll
-> Komito outright does a personal attack without provocation disguised as a thread

What the hell?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2021, 05:23 PM »
-> Komito outright does a personal attack without provocation disguised as a thread

Did you even bother to read the very first sentence of the opening post here?

Offline FireRat2

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2021, 06:24 PM »
Did you even bother to read the very first sentence of the opening post here?

And why wouldn't I...? Though it has nothing to do with how I disagree on the way its done.
What am I missing?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 07:03 PM by FireRat2 »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2021, 08:38 PM »
I see a choice of 3 things then:

You don't understand what the word provocation means as you used it assuming nothing was provocative.

You didn't bother to look to see what the provocative information was.

You saw the provocative information and didn't realize why it's provocative.

Offline FireRat2

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2021, 09:53 PM »
Meh.