Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:36 PM

Author Topic: zar roper is not more difficult than classic roper  (Read 5023 times)

Offline Squirminator2k

Re: zar roper is not more difficult than classic roper
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2021, 10:00 PM »
> New member with 3 posts, all in this thread
> Immediately defending Kradie

You might want to slow down there, you're gonna run out of socks at this rate!

Offline FireRat2

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2021, 10:08 PM »
> New member with 3 posts, all in this thread
> Immediately defending Kradie

You might want to slow down there, you're gonna run out of socks at this rate!

Ah I see where you're going. And I see what happens now. It's all about Kradie!!
Anyways, here's my old account, I lost the login details lol: https://www.tus-wa.com/profile/lolicon-guy/

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2021, 10:32 PM »
The purpose of this thread is to explain why zar is not more difficult than classic roper, is it certainly not about that person, it's about the schemes.

The reason why this thread was made is to counter the other thread that was made with a subjective title:

"ZaR Roper harder than Roper?"

Notice it doesn't ask "Which scheme is harder?". Notice there are only 2 options? You can either agree zar is harder or simply select no, there is no option if you think classic roper is more difficult than zar roper, there is no option if you feel they are all the same difficulty. It is a psychological trick to attempt to make one seem more important than the other.

Kind of like how Eric Cartman tries to get Butters to vote for Turd Sandwich in the episode "Douche and Turd" by asking which is better. He starts off by saying in a dull tone of voice hinting boredom, "Butters, which is funnier, a stupid not funny giant douche...", then switches to an energetic exciting tone of voice saying "Or a super funny turd sandwich!".

It's that kind of manipulative nonsense I feel I have to oppose.

This is not a direct attack on that person, i've even said it's a good scheme. My intention was not to talk about that person but someone asked me why bother with such things anyway, which was then explained using events which happened in the past as as example of why I feel the need to defend something like this.

Specific words like "ignorant" and "disrespectful" were used, then evidence shown exactly why those words were used to describe the actions by that person. Their name was even avoided being used apart from the quotes which had to be used then a direct link to the thread to show i'm not making things up or lying.

Sure, maybe no one else cares, maybe other people look at me as a sad old nerd who spent too much time in this game.

22 years of my life that i'm proud of have been spent in this game, preserving history as well as teaching potential fans of the game the truth are very important to me and I'm proud of that regardless what anyone thinks about me.

Offline FireRat2

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2021, 10:58 PM »
Notice it doesn't ask "Which scheme is harder?". Notice there are only 2 options? You can either agree zar is harder or simply select no, there is no option if you think classic roper is more difficult than zar roper, there is no option if you feel they are all the same difficulty. It is a psychological trick to attempt to make one seem more important than the other.

I wouldn't want to brag about what I do and don't study or know- ...I think it's just some sort of... publicity stunt? A very basic one by the way, like openly patting oneself on the back. Reminds me a bit of the older times, UISx Clan would add a spambot for their site into #AG, and I was running xTBx at the time so I copied them, there goes a long story... Anyways, no I don't defend ads lol, but if pedantry was required, "zar roper" sounds like, well, an edited roper scheme :V
Critizing ours and theirs actions is fine (advertising has never before manipulated its public THIS MUCH, it's out of hand man), but considering earlier responses and most especially Squirminator's... I can't help but feel it's actually personal, and everyone's willing to defend this thread while pretending it's not the case, maybe pulling some advocate-level technique or something. Couldn't have worded this any better:
It's that kind of manipulative nonsense I feel I have to oppose
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 11:01 PM by FireRat2 »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2021, 11:21 PM »
If it was personal then the subject would be entirely personality based. The subject and majority of my posts here have been discussing the differences and reasons for comparisons and similarities between the schemes.

Also, if it was personal don't you think i'd personally respond to that persons posts(under their usual identity)?

I'd rather you talk about the actual subject if possible please, i'd prefer not to discuss personalities and personal feelings towards others further. I've explained my reasons and intentions so shouldn't have to any further.

I'm happy to debate about these schemes if you have any useful information or alternative perspectives.

Offline FireRat2

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2021, 11:25 PM »
Hm... You know what? Have a good day.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2021, 12:35 AM »
Hey Komo, first I'll make it clear: I didn't read at all.
But why bother with Kradie and his zar copy schemes bro? Even if you are right, it's useless to prove.
His scheme is not as popular as he makes it appear to be when posting here.
As quote by @FoxHound earlier in some topic, it's just fake news + conspiracies, maybe that's why it annoys us so much, so obvious that he's overestimating the scheme that they doesn't even try to hide it anymore lol. The guy is a full time character.

And remember:
A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

- Kid Bengala

Nothing personal Kradie, I'll play ZaR when I'm in the mood. Cya.  8)
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2021, 01:28 AM »
Hey Komo, first I'll make it clear: I didn't read at all.
But why bother with Kradie and his zar copy schemes bro? Even if you are right, it's useless to prove.

Well that's fair enough you didn't read it lol, however if you really want to know the answer to that, you'll just have to suck it up and read it!  :D :P

And remember:
A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

- Kid Bengala

So, that's a very interesting quote, I remember reading about it some years ago, a quick google search shows this article here with some information on it:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20161026-how-liars-create-the-illusion-of-truth

Not that i'm fond of the BBC, then that's another story for another day lol.

The quote itself is false in the sense nothing that is not true by universal laws can become true by universal laws, according to our current understanding collectively. However, the illusion of truth can be used as a weapon to convince and influence people to believe and support things which are not in reality actually true.

It is a psychological effect i've paid great attention to, as well as things like mob mentality, how to identify and prepare against it. Strength in numbers is a popular philosophy which is very powerful to a certain extent when talking about things like violence and war, however when it comes to conversation alone, knowledge is power when backed up with evidence so simple to understand that even the most simple minds are able to understand.

That quote alone, is a simplified reason to explain why I bother.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 01:31 AM by Komito »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2021, 08:15 AM »
derailing af

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2021, 01:33 PM »
derailing af

If this is aimed at my previous post, it is not derailing the topic as it is explaining psychological reasons and techniques behind conversations like this. Since you didn't even bother to specify why you said that, who it is aimed at and which post, then it is assumed to be aimed at my previous post unless told otherwise.

This thread was made to literally counter such techniques, explaining these things is important so people can better understand the why and how.

For those with a thirst for information, those who are passionate about this game and have an interest in learning, to discuss these things can give insight into what people do and some reasons why they do it.

Posting "derailing af" is ironically derailing, as that provides absolutely no useful or even relative information towards the actual subject at all.

The choice to stay away is always available if you don't want to take this seriously.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2021, 04:41 PM »
When a group of people or person suggest that I could ever be bothered to make multiple accounts to further my case, the chances that they are more likely to do it. It is inconceivable for me to do such deceitful act.

What's even more inconceivable, is the fact that it is being suggested that I am spreading false Information in regards to ZaR is being a more difficult than Roper. I simply state that ZaR is tougher than Roper, and that anyone can make up their own mind. If they wish to discuss it, I will provide reasons as to why I think ZaR is tougher. This whole ZaR vs Roper business has nothing to do with conspiracy theory. I mean like what the actual quack? It is laughable.

Also, I do believe I asked the question ''What's your thought? Is ZaR Roper harder than Roper?''

I could had asked ''Is Dark Souls harder than Super Mario Brothers (For nes).

There are NONE psychological motives here. I mean, to suggest such thing, must mean it is a conspiracy LOL.  :D

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Anubis

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2021, 08:46 PM »
Both are equally easy/hard. It doesn't matter which is technically harder because you will apply your mastery of roping in both equally. It's like Big TTRR vs. regular TTRR, you want to go as fast as possible in both, so they are equally hard. Are you purposely roping worse in ZaR or Roper? No. The maps are even very similar, so the difference is minor. In both modes you avoid falling because it costs time and back in the days even in roper you would lose your turn with 1,2,3 fall damage (chute didn't open there).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 08:51 PM by Anubis »

Offline philie

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2021, 09:47 PM »
you guys have way too much time...

Offline Kradie

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2021, 10:51 PM »
you guys have way too much time...

You ppl getting really bored..

You boys are surely wasting time by now.

I think you guys are capable of finding ultimate answer, in few more posts.

Stop living in a bubble and let us enjoy tus silence, rather than 2-3 stupid threads every week.

You don't give the green light around here.

You're right. I'm only here to give red lights to decrease annoyance level.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline philie

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2021, 01:31 AM »
yea, nice collection of senseis posts from the last 2 years *yawn*