Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:49 PM

Author Topic: zar roper is not more difficult than classic roper  (Read 5022 times)

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
Re: zar roper is not more difficult than classic roper
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2021, 02:33 AM »
for the sake of clarity, i can confirm firerat as a real person (have known him for years (more than 10), he's also terrible at answering the phone)

if you read this firerat, damn you!

Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2021, 10:49 PM »
I don't like ZaR roper personally but that isn't because the scheme is bad per se, but rather I also think that old school roper is boring these days. I loved it for many years and played more games of it than I could possibly recall, but as I continued along my wormy path I came to realize that I simply prefer other roping schemes. IMO, WxW on a challenging map and hp crates instead of weapon crates is more fun - even if it's zooks only. (Although I'm unhappy without drills!) Roper is fine and all but the crate luck and wind luck is completely bogus sometimes. These days I primarily play Big RR because there's no luck involved whatsoever. I don't mind playing Big RR with no chutes either, but adding a weapon(s) in RR? No. Absolutely not.

Offline biscojoe

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2021, 12:42 PM »
I don't like ZaR roper personally but that isn't because the scheme is bad per se, but rather I also think that old school roper is boring these days. I loved it for many years and played more games of it than I could possibly recall, but as I continued along my wormy path I came to realize that I simply prefer other roping schemes. IMO, WxW on a challenging map and hp crates instead of weapon crates is more fun - even if it's zooks only. (Although I'm unhappy without drills!) Roper is fine and all but the crate luck and wind luck is completely bogus sometimes. These days I primarily play Big RR because there's no luck involved whatsoever. I don't mind playing Big RR with no chutes either, but adding a weapon(s) in RR? No. Absolutely not.

facts. Big RR/WxW are the most challenging/fun rope schemes... i'd say TTRR as well on a somewhat difficult map... i always struggled to keep steady arrow control on a tight TTRR map. ropers are fun but they are cr8 luck based big time for the most part, but being able to pull off runs with a hard cr8 or bad wind is pro asf.... they are still OG though just like BnG. any rope scheme i enjoy tbh unless it's a "shoppa" lol. i'm with skunk on that one, i'm not a fan of ZaR roper myself and i'm not putting down the scheme either, just don't dig it. i sure do miss the days of when hashtag Ropers Heaven was packed with wormers, not Anything Goes. oh wellz...

Offline skunk3

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2021, 01:50 AM »

facts. Big RR/WxW are the most challenging/fun rope schemes... i'd say TTRR as well on a somewhat difficult map... i always struggled to keep steady arrow control on a tight TTRR map. ropers are fun but they are cr8 luck based big time for the most part, but being able to pull off runs with a hard cr8 or bad wind is pro asf.... they are still OG though just like BnG. any rope scheme i enjoy tbh unless it's a "shoppa" lol. i'm with skunk on that one, i'm not a fan of ZaR roper myself and i'm not putting down the scheme either, just don't dig it. i sure do miss the days of when hashtag Ropers Heaven was packed with wormers, not Anything Goes. oh wellz...

I am mediocre as f@#! when it comes to TTRR. I am super consistent but just not fast enough to hang with the fast guys from years ago. There's also really little point in even practicing TTRR anymore because there's not much of a individual or clanner ranked scene anymore. It's been probably at least a year since I've seen a TTRR hosted in AG. I also simply prefer Big RR because it doesn't come down to having one good turn, but rather many good turns. I always thought that it sucked that I could finish all 3 of my worms and lose to a guy who plopped 2 and finished 1 with a slightly better time. TTRR is definitely an extremely challenging scheme to master and kudos to the people who are amazing at it, but Big RR is my jam.