Forums
April 24, 2024, 03:14 PM

Poll

What scheme would you like to see in ESL Season 1?

Alt-F4
17 (29.8%)
Kaos shopper (supermarket)
5 (8.8%)
Supersheeper
5 (8.8%)
Fly Shopper
8 (14%)
Surf Shopper
1 (1.8%)
Teleporting, Teleport Shopper, TeleShopper
7 (12.3%)
Driver
4 (7%)
One of Everything
6 (10.5%)
Goku Battle Arena (GBA)
4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Second round of voting for ESL Season 1 scheme.  (Read 2591 times)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: Second round of voting for ESL Season 1 scheme.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2022, 03:36 AM »
Maybe some of the other schemes people voted we could create cups for them, since people showed interest on them. I never created a Cup for the schemes, because I don't have so much free time now, and I wouldn't like to create a cup and nobody join my cup, because people only play shopper. Also, I don't like to upload schemes that are not mine when I cannot put the autorship of them (only in the description). I also wouldn't like to have lots of variations of schemes on my profile. I prefer to have few original and good quality schemes on my profile. TUS doesn't attach variations to original scheme pages yet. Or at least players could have a folder for highlighted schemes and a folder for variations/versions of other schemes. I don't know.

I plan on creating some challenges or cups soon, not sure if people would play.

And by the way, Kradie: I played many of these schemes and I hosted online many of these schemes. You are insisting to think your scheme Lucky Strike is the very first scheme on the square. I'll have to say again that no, your scheme is only one among many other schemes of this type. Please, check again the History section (specially the Similar ideas section) of Alt-F4 article.

Ah, ESL was promoted and the link for this page was sent to many discord servers. Alt-F4 might have received more attention between a group of people, but it deserved to be leading now. It even managed to beat (until now) Fly Shopper and Surf Shopper lol (unfair competitors).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 04:00 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2022, 10:08 AM »
Not like Allround league and Free League, my suggestion was that the schemes that didn't make it in the first round - but got at least 1 vote, should be put up to a separate vote again, and we would choose 5 or 7 or 10 out of them and those schemes would be merged into the same league with the ones we have in this poll?
I think the golden middle way would be that this Experi. League wouldn't have tonnes of unwanted schemes that nobody would play, like Supersheep race, Elemental, Wascar in Free League, but also wouldn't be so simple minded like Allround League.

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2022, 12:30 PM »
So many cool ideas, but it will be so difficult to bring them to life with your own hands :) Let's try to play the first season according to the won scheme first and see if there will be activity? We need at least some practice, action, otherwise we are just talking about it for now, but we need to start with small steps in order to come to a good result.

By the way, 36 people voted in the first voting - it will not be bad if this voting reaches the same result, or better, it will surpass it.

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2022, 09:51 AM »
Voting ends June 13th. If you haven't voted yet, now is the time to do so.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2022, 12:31 PM »

Sorry if this is a stupid question Sibi, but the current poll has 9 schemes. Why exactly are we voting for them, what is going to happen? xD Couldn't these 9 schemes make a league already? You guys still plan to sort some schemes out? oO

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2022, 01:09 PM »

Sorry if this is a stupid question Sibi, but the current poll has 9 schemes. Why exactly are we voting for them, what is going to happen? xD Couldn't these 9 schemes make a league already? You guys still plan to sort some schemes out? oO

These 9 schemes are involved here because they scored passing points in the first round of voting and now we choose one of these 9 schemes, which will be played according to the TRL principle.

Perhaps someday we will create our own league, similar to Allround or Free, which will include several many schemes at once, but next time (perhaps it will consist of all the schemes that have become winners in different seasons, but this is not certain)

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2022, 12:18 PM »
Alt-F4 won. A topic dedicated to the start of the season with all the details will be created soon

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2022, 01:32 PM »
Alt-F4 won. A topic dedicated to the start of the season with all the details will be created soon

so this whole thing started as "Experimental SchemeS League" we gathered so much stuff around here with explanations and shit, but turned out to be a one scheme event, and this one scheme was chosen by inactive WA players, users from discord who commonly agreed to all vote for it? ;D :D

well to this all I gotta say is:

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2022, 01:45 PM »
It is SchemeS league because we will test other schemes too, Alt-F4 is only the first one. SIBASA planned all this, so if he is organizing, I will trust the way he planned the league.

If we allowed many schemes at the same time would be way more complicated to organize. Imagine if we had Wormopoly Party, Board Game, Get Frank and many complicated schemes to stablish rules at the same time, it would be a lot of work and would be a mess, I guess. But I agree that with more schemes maybe more people would have interest on playing the schemes, and more schemes would be known.

This will be our first attempt, Alt-F4 is handy because it doesn't require big PNG maps to upload on a forum, the author and the fans of the scheme are active right now and we already have a Cup of this scheme that facilitates to people understand the scheme and how organize things.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 01:47 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'