April 23, 2024, 04:24 PM

Poll

Updated OoE scheme or old one?

Updated version with disabled glitches
4 (66.7%)
Old version with glitches enabled
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Updated OoE scheme or old one?  (Read 838 times)

Offline SIBASA

Updated OoE scheme or old one?
« on: September 17, 2022, 07:53 PM »
The One of Everything scheme has won the poll and will be participating in the second season of the ESL, but we would like to know your opinion on the glitches in this scheme. What will you choose, the old version with glitches enabled or the new version with glitches disabled?

updated scheme - https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-4690/
old scheme - https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-100/

Offline Kaleu

Re: Updated OoE scheme or old one?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 08:05 PM »
I think it's better to try to contact the scheme maker to hear what he thinks instead of changing the scheme.
Is it possible?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 08:56 PM »
I think it's better to try to contact the scheme maker to hear what he thinks instead of changing the scheme.
Is it possible?

I would like to know Run's opinion about the scheme (and play 1oE with him), but I think he should be like the Queen of the England (R.I.P.). The decision should be made democratically by the ones that want to play 1oE in the 2nd Season of ESL. And they can vote based on Run's opinion or not.

The updated scheme proposed is just an idea, people can change if there's something more that should be changed.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 08:58 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 08:26 AM »
sooo it seems like you guys want to do bo5 matches with the arsenals being carried to the next round? this drastically makes the scheme noober, but oh well, still playable : ] remember, this shouldn't be Kaos mod.

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 09:18 AM »
sooo it seems like you guys want to do bo5 matches with the arsenals being carried to the next round? this drastically makes the scheme noober, but oh well, still playable : ] remember, this shouldn't be Kaos mod.
what? OoE has always been played Bo5, where it was necessary to use this limited arsenal for the entire match, otherwise the whole point of this scheme is lost. Please read the article about this scheme to understand - https://worms2d.info/One_of_Everything

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 09:24 AM »
what? OoE has always been played Bo5, where it was necessary to use this limited arsenal for the entire match, otherwise the whole point of this scheme is lost. Please read the article about this scheme to understand - https://worms2d.info/One_of_Everything

too long and too pointless, not many players will participate in this :) but let's go for it. whenever I hosted, or saw others hosting it, we played bo3 and no stockpiling. not sure how it was with worm olympics

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2022, 10:04 AM »

too long and too pointless, not many players will participate in this :) but let's go for it. whenever I hosted, or saw others hosting it, we played bo3 and no stockpiling. not sure how it was with worm olympics

Mmm, then you probably not played OoE, because it makes no sense to play each new round with a full arsenal, and I also think it will be the other way around even longer than in the original version, because you can end the rounds in a draw every time using some someday armageddon and this bo3 will be eternal, and in the original version the arsenal gets smaller with each round and you already need to think and build some kind of tactics, which is more like a logical game :)

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2022, 12:16 PM »
do we have contact with Run at all?

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2022, 07:11 AM »
We have encountered different opinions and views on this situation, including those from the creator of this scheme, so we have come up with a solution that can satisfy everyone, but with priority to the original scheme.

Players are given two similar schemes to choose from, which differ only in that one has glitches enabled (original) and the other disabled (modified):

Original (Glitches enabled) by default - Link
Modified (Glitches disabled) by agreement - Link

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 12:03 PM »
do we have contact with Run at all?

He is aware of the league and said that he will watch replays of it. He wants his scheme as it is, without any changes on it, at the same time he is in favor of banning glitches, so SIBASA came with the best solution, which is allow both schemes to be played. Players must decide which one before starting the game.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'