Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:55 AM

Author Topic: ZaR Gaming Keyboard!  (Read 928 times)

Offline Kradie

ZaR Gaming Keyboard!
« on: April 16, 2020, 05:18 PM »
Behold!

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline rU`

Re: ZaR Gaming Keyboard!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 06:17 PM »
Sexy kb
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 07:49 PM »
You've had any other experience with mechanical switches? Such as cherry, kailh, gateron..?
I've heard these jixians are pretty bad chinese clones, so let us know how they're handling.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 09:30 PM »
It would have been cooler if instead of TKL it was "KTL"

Awesome find nonetheless.  Now send one to all your loyal members, kradie.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 07:44 AM »
lol nice keyboard name

curious about where you got that keeb from

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 01:12 PM »
You could make a pretty neat little Synthwave picture from those lights  :)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 05:19 PM »
You've had any other experience with mechanical switches? Such as cherry, kailh, gateron..?
I've heard these jixians are pretty bad chinese clones, so let us know how they're handling.
I have tried a broad ranch of different switches such as: red, romer-g by Logitech, and now this aforementioned Jixian switches. I am not entirely sure if I have tried the ''kailh'' ones, but I did own a keyboard briefly that had brown knockoff switches. My experience with the latter was bad, keys were too sensitive and I would often crash and have issue maneuvering. But that was mostly because of fear of crashing or gain sudden unexpected momentum. So I wouldn't these for roping purposes.

Jixian switches were a pleasant surprise. They aren't as oversensitive, they are responsive and surprisingly effective. What I mean is, you still have to apply some pressure which is something that gives confidence in roping. That's just how I feel about it. The Romer-G tactile switches have similar feel but are more silent and doesn't sound like mechanical switches at all. Though you do hear the metal grid when you smash the keys. Zar keyboard doesn't have this sound. Although its built quality is excellent; hard quality plastic, sturdy and it is HEAVY.  The build quality surprised me. Although I in certain roping scenarios I have to maneuver  in certain way and angles that out of habit I apply extra weight and force to the arrows. I could sense some flex on the switch(es). This was most noticeable in Big RR Z. But perhaps this is an unorthodox way of using the keyboard on, since my more expensive kb lost left arrow key and had to be super glued back on.

Regardless, it is good keyboard, high quality, thumbs up. But I will keep you all update as time goes on. It has only gone 1 day anyway.

The keyboard was on sale for 30 euros, originally it cost 60 euros. So I had to grab it because of the name, and the fact it was TKL.

It would have been cooler if instead of TKL it was "KTL"

Awesome find nonetheless.  Now send one to all your loyal members, kradie.
That would cost me a fortune!

lol nice keyboard name

curious about where you got that keeb from
From a Nordic Electronic PC Hardware online store: Komplett.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB