Forums > Gaming Central

Multiplayer RPG games (not MMO), also Monster Hunter World

<< < (6/6)

skunk3:
No, in MHW you literally cannot prevent a monster from running away. You just can't. You can trap it for a very short period of time but until it is super weak and close to death you can't ACTUALLY trap it completely.

As I said before, this is the only MH game I have experience with so I know absolutely nothing about the other games. They might be better. I dunno. All I know is that this game has no depth. At first it seems pretty awesome but you quickly realize it's all window dressing. The game LOOKS cool and that's it. Graphics mean very little to me. I want substance, and MHW just doesn't have it.

As far as using the various weapons goes, I'm a good gamer and can use anything if I wanted to. There's just no point, however, it dedicating myself towards becoming great with a weapon that sucks due to slowness/clumsiness/etc. It comes down to dps and a little bit of debuffing and the more often you hit, the more damage you're going to do, period. I've tried out all of the weapons extensively in the training area and there's some that are simply crap compared to the others and if you had played the game you would see for yourself how hardly anyone uses those crappier weapons. Learning to play really well with a bad weapon is like learning how to throw a bent frisbee really well. It's stupid and pointless.

Anyway, long story short, this game just isn't my cup of tea. Played it, beat it, done with it. 

TheKomodo:

--- Quote from: skunk3 on September 08, 2018, 04:38 AM ---No, in MHW you literally cannot prevent a monster from running away. You just can't. You can trap it for a very short period of time but until it is super weak and close to death you can't ACTUALLY trap it completely.

--- End quote ---

I am not sure about how much you can carry in MHW, but in all the ones I have played you could take 2 traps into the game with you, with the materials to build another 3 traps, if all 4 players carry maximum load, that's 20 traps.

You can capture/kill a monster before it even runs away once if you and your team are good enough!

Also, if you have flash bombs, sonic bombs, stun shots for the guns etc, you can CC a monster even more!

So don't lie to people please, do your research before making claims, this is the kind of thing that pisses me off, not the fact you don't enjoy the game, you are spreading FALSE information to potential fans of the franchise!

--- Quote from: skunk3 on September 08, 2018, 04:38 AM ---As I said before, this is the only MH game I have experience with so I know absolutely nothing about the other games. They might be better. I dunno. All I know is that this game has no depth. At first it seems pretty awesome but you quickly realize it's all window dressing. The game LOOKS cool and that's it. Graphics mean very little to me. I want substance, and MHW just doesn't have it.

--- End quote ---

Jesus dude, don't you get the point already, stop stating this as f**king facts! Please use words properly in context!

Say things like:

"I think"
"My experience was"
"What annoyed me was"
"I thought this could be improved on"
"I felt there was a lack of"

Stop passing off opinions as facts please!!!!

--- Quote from: skunk3 on September 08, 2018, 04:38 AM ---As far as using the various weapons goes, I'm a good gamer and can use anything if I wanted to. There's just no point, however, it dedicating myself towards becoming great with a weapon that sucks due to slowness/clumsiness/etc. It comes down to dps and a little bit of debuffing and the more often you hit, the more damage you're going to do, period. I've tried out all of the weapons extensively in the training area and there's some that are simply crap compared to the others and if you had played the game you would see for yourself how hardly anyone uses those crappier weapons. Learning to play really well with a bad weapon is like learning how to throw a bent frisbee really well. It's stupid and pointless.

--- End quote ---

That's the whole point of having a variation of weapons!

If nobody on the entire planet used a specific weapon, THEN there might be a problem, but just because some things in life aren't used as often as others, doesn't mean they suck!

Different weapons are more effective at different things, and I promise you, there is an advantage to every weapon in the game, especially when upgrading down the weapon family trees!

Weapons can be upgraded to have specific sharpness, specific buffs which help on different animals.

I assure you, every weapon in the game, every item in the game, every monster in the game, EVERYTHING has a purpose, you just don't see it!

--- Quote from: skunk3 on September 08, 2018, 04:38 AM ---Anyway, long story short, this game just isn't my cup of tea. Played it, beat it, done with it.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, fair enough, life goes on!

Edit - You are a good gamer, but definitely not a great one! At least not from what I have saw/heard.

What game are you best at? Do you have any footage of you playing/competing against the best in the world and actually winning or raising the bar? I highly doubt it, but if you do, please show me, cuz honestly, you just sound like the next average gamer who is clever enough to beat most games, but has never mastered anything, ever.

Edit 2 - I was actually speaking to a Warthunder Squadron member who I just found out is a Monster Hunter fan, who has been playing Monster Hunter World, he informed me about the UI, there are issues, but not what you pointed out, i'm too tired to type out a lot right now but it boils down to because it's a console to PC port, the consoles have a better UI than the PC.

Which I guess bothers a lot of people, and is a legitimate issue, but still based on what he said doesn't actually affect gameplay, so still doesn't bother me as much as it would if it affected gameplay.

But yeah, it's still an issue!

skunk3:
You could theoretically prevent a monster from running away *if* you were playing in a team of four (which I don't - I play with one friend) and *if* everyone could damage the monster enough so that it dies before it has a chance to run away, but as far as I can tell, traps won't work on a monster after it begins running. They just walk right over it unless I was seeing a bug. Also, until you have hit end game and have grinded a lot for the best DPS gear you can get, the odds of killing a monster without it running away even once are slim to none, especially the more powerful ones. So yeah, theoretically it is possible to not have to deal with monsters running away from you constantly but that's only gonna happen if you're in a 4 man group with everybody heavily geared out. In my experience monsters typically run away at least twice before dying and the only way I know of to prevent that would be to be in a full squad with end game gear going HAM on the monster.

Also, I am not claiming that my opinions are facts. My opinions are clearly just that - opinions. You are the one that has things twisted here, not me. I've explained why I believe the game has no depth and it is of course my opinion because we're talking about a subjective issue here, although TBH I think that a lot of my criticisms are actually based upon objective facts about the game. Just because you don't like my opinions that doesn't mean that I am claiming them to be gospel fact, nor am I saying that everyone has to agree with me.

I am also aware that every weapon has a purpose of sorts but certain weapons are more 'general purpose' than others, which in turn makes them more effective against a much wider variety of monsters. Therefore, they are 'better.' Sure, certain weapon types might be incrementially more effective against a specific monster, but why bother going through the effort of forging and upgrading a weapon of that type when you can be nearly just as effective with a weapon you already have, a weapon that is effective against lots of monsters? It's just added grinding for no real benefit, and that to me isn't time well spent, nor fun. For some gamers that might be fun, but for me it isn't. I found about six of them to be okay, with 4 being really good, and apparently other people seem to agree because when I play with randoms they are using one of those six the vast majority of the time.

As far as your trollbait bullshit at the end there, I'm not even going to dignify with that a response. Get a life, Komo. Seriously. Stop insulting people. Stop acting superior to others, bragging, and just f@#!ing grow up man. Someone needs to tell you this shit. You're a pariah and everyone is tired of your b.s. including myself. I hate to have to resort to talking to you like this but act the f@#! up and get verbally smacked the f@#! up, chump. I don't know how many times I have seen you brag about yourself (to the point of virtual masturbation) and insult other people. It's getting so old and although I am kinda immune to your particular brand of toxicity simply due to being around you for so many years, sometimes enough is just enough. We are roughly the same age but you act like a petulant man-child. The funny part is that I have defended you SO MANY times when people have talked shit about you either directly to me or just generally. No more. Maybe when you reach twelve thousand forum posts you'll finally have matured.

TheKomodo:
So I finally bought this game a few days ago, got it for only £27! Score!

It's everything I hoped it would be :)

I only have 2 minor problems:

The original Monster Hunter theme song is not on the main screen or intro anymore :(

When doing assignments, especially when it's exploring a new world location, along the way you are sometimes suddenly confronted by large monsters that you must hunt, so you are totally unprepared and can't select the right gear for the job, but luckily you can go back to Astera and that becomes a quest.

But man, LOVING this game!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version