Forums > Off Topic

Board Games Thread? Board Games Thread!

<< < (2/2)

h3oCharles:
board game scheme?

FoxHound:
Cyclades, Dix It, Game of Thrones: Board Game, Caverna, CATAN, 7 Wonders, 7 Wonders Duel, King of Tokyo, Chess, Ticket to Ride, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Zombicide and maybe others that I forgot now. I also enjoyed playing Terra Mystika the only time I played.

I also like the scheme Board Game, specially sbs maps + schemes, Gnork maps + schemes too, and some others I don't remember the nickname.

I like Board Game wormy adaptations too, also called "Table Game" schemes. One of my favourites is Worms Chess by sbs. But there are many, like 4 in a row, 5 in a row, Ludo, Quoridor, etc.

Squirminator2k:

--- Quote from: Memox on May 19, 2021, 04:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: Squirminator2k on May 19, 2021, 12:25 AM ---Was always a big fan of HeroQuest - I backed the revival on Hasbro Pulse last year. Very excited to get the set in November, if all goes to schedule.

--- End quote ---

HeroQuest is great and I'm very thankful for the revival, however (as far as I know) there won't be an adaptation for European users, at least here in Italy. I don't want to give my money to scalpers either, so unfortunately I'll either have to pass or just play it on Tabletop Simulator  :(

--- End quote ---

Zavvi will be selling the set in the UK, and presumably they'll also be selling to Europe (they offer pretty decent shipping, as I recall).

Memox:

--- Quote from: philie on May 19, 2021, 05:55 PM ---i sold my heroquest around 2000 on ebay for like 80 bucks.
bad idea, not only because it's worth much more now, but because i should have just kept it.
my favorite is arkham horror.

--- End quote ---
Timeless classic. Not that I like to rub salt in the wounds but... I'll just limit myself to say "Ouch"  :-X

--- Quote from: Senator on May 19, 2021, 06:07 PM ---In no particular order: Puerto Rico, Power Grid, Agricola, 7 Wonders, Age of Empires III

I haven't played any of your top 5, Memox. :D I've played Mage Knight once and it seemed interesting but my friends didn't like it.

--- End quote ---
Gloomhaven is my new addiction and as weird as it may sound, it's wonderful both in single player and in multiplayer. At first look the price is steep, but considering a campaign can last from 100 to 200 hours (not counting unofficial scenarios, random scenarios and side scenarios), I would say it's well worth it. The dungeon crawling, the gamebook feel, the deck building and many more RPG mechanics are truly well done.

--- Quote from: TheMadCharles on May 19, 2021, 07:41 PM ---board game scheme?

--- End quote ---

Touché

--- Quote from: FoxHound on May 19, 2021, 08:36 PM ---Cyclades, Dix It, Game of Thrones: Board Game, Caverna, CATAN, 7 Wonders, 7 Wonders Duel, King of Tokyo, Chess, Ticket to Ride, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Zombicide and maybe others that I forgot now. I also enjoyed playing Terra Mystika the only time I played.

I also like the scheme Board Game, specially sbs maps + schemes, Gnork maps + schemes too, and some others I don't remember the nickname.

I like Board Game wormy adaptations too, also called "Table Game" schemes. One of my favourites is Worms Chess by sbs. But there are many, like 4 in a row, 5 in a row, Ludo, Quoridor, etc.

--- End quote ---

Neat! I've never heard of Worms Chess, it seems like I really need to try it.

skunk3:
Gloomhaven is now out on Steam. If anyone wants to play let me know. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version