Forums > Off Topic

Movie Remakes

(1/4) > >>

Kradie:
I really dislike movie remakes of classic animation movies. I recently watched Aladdin 2019 and honestly I wasn't all that impressed. The ending was disappointing, it simply promoted Hollywood agenda that female is the future. This itself have been a trend in movies for over a decade now, where women gets to carry torches after men.

Original Disney animated movies had so much more charisma and emotion in them. So when you view the remakes, you will instantaneously feel safe and related because you already know what will happen and how everyone feel. The Lion King looks completely soulless and devoid of any emotion. So you have the source to look at, so you basically know how they feel in real life, although it is epic CGI no doubt.

The only remake I can get by is The Jungle Book, that's about it.

Korydex:
RaZ: decapitated babies! <3

Sensei:
Don't have to make a poll every time you open a thread.
For example, this particular poll is one of the worst I've seen.

Tron remake was good. Just because whole movie is about special effects.
Probably not many good remakes out there. That should be forbidden and ppl should stop supportting them with money for cinema tickets. Otherwise they'll just continue to release same cgi crap over and over.. Look at Jumanji.  :-X

STRGRN:
I miss the old days where movies were more like a form of art, something that people made because they loved making them, instead of what we have today: commercial and political trash that's all about who uses the most impressive cgi

Kradie:

--- Quote from: Sensei on September 11, 2019, 03:30 PM ---Don't have to make a poll every time you open a thread.
For example, this particular poll is one of the worst I've seen.

--- End quote ---
You don't give the green light around here. IF you don't like my polls, and topics, simply avoid them.

--- Quote from: STRGRN on September 11, 2019, 03:39 PM ---I miss the old days where movies were more like a form of art, something that people made because they loved making them, instead of what we have today: commercial and political trash that's all about who uses the most impressive cgi

--- End quote ---
Indeed, just look at the third act of Avengers Endgame, where Captain Marvel have her whole LGBTQ behind her, representation and diversity. She just messes up all the enemies with ease, she even overpowers Thanos so that he is forced to use one infinity stone against her. Good thing I am done with the MCU now.

--- Quote ---Tron remake was good. Just because whole movie is about special effects.
Probably not many good remakes out there. That should be forbidden and ppl should stop supportting them with money for cinema tickets. Otherwise they'll just continue to release same cgi crap over and over.. Look at Jumanji.  :-X
--- End quote ---
Tron was a CGI fest, and acceptable at best. People will continue to throw money where Nostalgia is being advertised. It is a greedy business practice. I want something original.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version