Forums > Off Topic

PC again..

(1/5) > >>

HHC:
It's having another crisis  :-[

All started about 4 or 5 days ago. It crashed all of a sudden while surfing the web.
Not a big deal cause that happens sometimes, but this time it wouldn't turn back on.
Well actually it did, but within a tenth of a second it would turn off again.. judging by the sounds.

Next morning it would go a little bit further before crashing again. Later that day it managed to get to desktop and all seemed to run fairly fine.
The day after that I think a crash on first start up. Ran fine after that. Yesterday started up well straight away.
Late at night though: screen froze, had no option but to turn it off .. restarted, same issue as 5 days ago: on/off/on/off/on/off  >:(

The errors that I have received were: one time I got 'BAD POOL CALLER', second time I got 'MEMORY MANAGEMENT'.
I let it do the chkdsk /f on C: and it fixed some, but the issue remains.
Lastly, lately I'm getting 'flashes' when I play video games, little horizontal white stripes flashing through the animation. Might not be related.

Anyway, sounds like a problem with the RAM? Would you say it's something physical?

nino:
bl ae!

Just buy a new one, dont lose time ae cos king!

HHC:
fu nino!

i actually was browsing for a new one at the time you posted that xD

wouldn't start again today, porra  :(

maybe i'll buy an asus all-in-one, with the whole shit built into the monitor. It looks fancy  :-[

sucks though, it was only 3 years old, which apparently is the new fall-apart-criterium (3 to 5 years..). Bleeeh.

nino:
3 years for 1 pc = 132 for 1 man

all in one...hmmm i hope it has atleast flash disk..like ssd or a disk faster than that.. cos all in one computer with 5400RPM hard disk ull sui in 3 days or heart attack ae

edit : cos king!

The Extremist:
To see if it's the RAM, run MemTest86 for a few hours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version