Forums > Off Topic

What are your thoughts on euthanasia & suicide?

<< < (5/6) > >>

philie:

--- Quote from: Anubis on February 28, 2019, 06:07 PM ---Our individual existence is meaningless and as such: If someone decides to not live, nobody has (should have) the right to prevent it. Even if the decision MIGHT have been wrong, when you are dead it doesn't matter.

--- End quote ---

my opinion on that topic based on my own experiences:
basically i think everyone should have the right to do with his life whatever he wants, also if he wants to end it.

but this needs a few exceptions:

i work in a psychiatric hospital, suicide is a returning topic in my work. in my case it's mostly ppl with heavy depression trying to kill themselves in a "good" phase (good enough to get out of lethargy) or schizophrenic ppl with hallucinations (for example: my voices urge me to jump out of the window). when my patients have a bad phase, they can't decide right and sometimes it's necessary to protect them from themselves. i've prevented myself a few suicides and i don't know a single person that was not thankful for that afterwards.

now outside of the psychatric hospital:
i think most of the suicides are a result of a maybe heavy but temporary personal problem and are executed in some sort of kneejerk reaction.
preventing that can never be wrong, cause there's always another solution.

if a person wants to suicide and thinks about it long enough and makes plans for it, the plan maybe should include other persons not being able to interrupt.

Danger135:

--- Quote from: philie on March 02, 2019, 02:39 PM ---....thinks about it long enough....
--- End quote ---
10 years is enough?

h3oCharles:
*sees who's OP* of course it's Kradie

to answer the topic, dunno what euthanasia is, not gonna talk about suicide cuz I'm afraid I'll write a wall of text that would be me_irl

KinslayeR:
Suicide doesn’t end the chances of life getting worse. It eliminates the possibility of it ever getting better

Ytrojan:

--- Quote from: StepS on February 27, 2019, 03:11 PM ---We once had such a thread on worms.org.ua forums. The forums were blocked for a year in Russia and nobody knew why.

--- End quote ---
Yes, do not talk about suicide. Otherwise, the USSR/Russia will ban your site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version