Forums > Tech Support

Privacy Question

(1/2) > >>

Kradie:
Are the in-game chat and games on WormNet monitored & recorded by anyone except by the player?

h3oCharles:
in-game chat is saved to the replay, and considering that game hosting is happening outside of irc servers, i doubt that it is monitored by anyone from outside

according to WormNET's motd, chats in all channels are monitored, tho idk if anyone is regularly enforcing that

Kradie:

--- Quote from: TheMadCharles on February 14, 2021, 01:47 PM ---in-game chat is saved to the replay, and considering that game hosting is happening outside of irc servers, i doubt that it is monitored by anyone from outside

according to WormNET's motd, chats in all channels are monitored, tho idk if anyone is regularly enforcing that

--- End quote ---
Still, it would be more comforting to hear a reply from the developers or Team17 themselves. It would be unsettling e.g if people on HB & WormNAT2 would have their replays saved on additional hard drives.

Personally, I would prefer an option to opt out saved replays in the game.

Memox:
Speaking of which; I didn't want to open another thread for a question that was probably asked time and time again. Is the IP showing issue been resolved? I mean when you play without a proxy and pretty much everyone in WormNET can see your IP if you're hosting... That's been bugging me since I started playing.

FireRat2:
WormNAT2's HostingProxy is best Proxy, which works like a Proxy, and thus it hides your IP. Only the server (and the guy behind it) knows who you are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version