Forums > TUS Discussion

Fair play?

<< < (2/4) > >>

DarkOne:

--- Quote from: MonkeyIsland on January 01, 2010, 09:12 PM ---Hai :)

--- Quote from: DarkOne on January 01, 2010, 08:16 PM ---I for one, will not be a part of TUS any more if mods/admins don't take a stand against this kind of behaviour.

So what's it gonna be?

--- End quote ---

I don't know what exactly you were trying to say or should I read too much in your line? However I do not like threatening or such lines. Because it makes things even worse. You can't put 'TUS staff' under pressure to decide something, because for one thing, it will also teach other people: 'Put us under pressure and get what you want'. It won't work here.

--- End quote ---

Hi! :)

Well, first to get things out of your way; I'm just another player here, so I don't have anything to threaten/blackmail/whatever you with anyway. I certainly didn't mean that comment to be read as such.
From my time at fb, I also know that putting mods under pressure a) achieves nothing and b) only pisses off mods/admins. So if you did interpret my post as aggressive towards you, please accept my apologee. It was not directed at you, but rather at the kind of behaviour displayed above. And thanks for still responding in such a calm manner despite the tone of my post. I'll try to tone it down :)
That said, I didn't ask for any demands either (my reply to pr may have been an overreaction from my part, granted), but rather wanted to raise awareness amongst the staff of this kind of behaviour.

--- Quote from: MonkeyIsland on January 01, 2010, 09:12 PM ---Since you've focused on Cups more than anyone else and you have many experiences as you mentioned I'd like to offer you to be a global mod on cups of course if you care about improving TUS and you think you can handle it.

--- End quote ---

What's the function of global mods in cups? Do they act only when the regular mods are involved in a complaint or something? I don't want to overstep my boundries and I certainly wouldn't/won't handle any complaints I'm personally involved in (for possible lack of objectivity)

Again, my apologies for the tone of the first post and thanks for the swift response

edit: @ Rok: download the file I added in my post. That's a selection of games in just 2 cups.
Again, I'm not asking for any punishment or what not for the things that have already happened as they have been resolved already.

MonkeyIsland:

--- Quote from: DarkOne on January 01, 2010, 09:40 PM ---I don't want to overstep my boundries and I certainly wouldn't/won't handle any complaints I'm personally involved in (for possible lack of objectivity)

--- End quote ---

I take that as a yes then? ^^
I don't know if you use MSN or not. I added your email.

pr:
There are two open questions:

1. Global cup mods, their functions.

2. What to do with players like Fad.

My opinion:

1. We should add them. Functions: help local mods.

2. Fair play can't be added to the rules. The replays d1 posted are all about the fair component of play.
My suggestion -> pwn your enemy even if your enemy is Fad. On condition that the enemy does not break any written rule.
I get additional satisfaction from won games if my opponent behaves like piece of shit.

chakkman:
Bungee race is another thing though pr. There is no written rules. That is why we have to have confidence in the players fairness, its vital for this scheme. Guidelines would be the way you usually do a bungee race funner and the usual exposure between players. If that is not given its useless to do a cup with that scheme.

Anyway we can go on talking for hours about this... fact is that there is one single player out of 16 that thinks those guidelines wouldnt apply to him. The question is what we do with him.

pr:

--- Quote from: chakkman on January 01, 2010, 10:53 PM ---Bungee race is another thing though pr. There is no written rules. That is why we have to have confidence in the players fairness, its vital for this scheme. Guidelines would be the way you usually do a bungee race funner and the usual exposure between players. If that is not given its useless to do a cup with that scheme.

Anyway we can go on talking for hours about this... fact is that there is one single player out of 16 that thinks those guidelines wouldnt apply to him. The question is what we do with him.

--- End quote ---

why no written rules?
We can add them :) I think that those situations in games with d1 and fad can be described.
Don't u agree with it? I know about fair play, I'm just trying to formalize them into strict rules form.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version