Forums > TUS Discussion

Fair play?

(1/4) > >>

DarkOne:
'lo there,

I'm posting here cause of something that's been bothering me. It started out in the sheeprace cup (you can check the thread there, starting off with PiNK's post regarding FaD.
Now, if it just stayed with that, then that's just a one-time deal, everybody makes mistakes and the situation was corrected. No harm done.

But it's not a one-time deal. It's categorical manipulation of games and frankly, there's no place for that in W:A.
I have no problem with people playing W:A competitively at all, but if you're can play this game in a fair way, then I'm going to have a problem with that.
If TUS values fair play even a bit, then this kind of behaviour should not be accepted! Games should be decided by whoever has the best ideas and/or skills inside the game, not by whoever can cheat and lie their way out of losses or who can piss off their opponents best.

I for one have had enough of people like FaD that gladly make use of other people's hard work and give nothing but trouble in return.
Despite having hosted tournaments for RRkit and WMDB, despite having modded playoffs for fb, despite being a mod at TCB, I've never before met any wormer cause this many problems in just a few games. I have no intention of putting up with crap like this anymore though.
TUS is such a great site with so many challenges, leagues and resources and it would be very sad if people like FaD get the chance to f@#! things up. I for one, will not be a part of TUS any more if mods/admins don't take a stand against this kind of behaviour.

So what's it gonna be?

pr:
what is your suggestion, d1?

DarkOne:
well, current complaints have been handled so far, but there's a saying in medicine: ubi pus, evacuat

MonkeyIsland:
Hai :)

--- Quote from: DarkOne on January 01, 2010, 08:16 PM ---I for one, will not be a part of TUS any more if mods/admins don't take a stand against this kind of behaviour.

So what's it gonna be?

--- End quote ---

TUS Cups is in its early version, and it is mod-based. When coding it, I assumed every mod will take care of his own cup. So it's not like the leagues system of the site. However I also coded 'Global mod' for cups. I DO like that you post when something is bothering you. No one else tried to search games and try to gather those info in one place for the cups.
I don't know what exactly you were trying to say or should I read too much in your line? However I do not like threatening or such lines. Because it makes things even worse. You can't put 'TUS staff' under pressure to decide something, because for one thing, it will also teach other people: 'Put us under pressure and get what you want'. It won't work here.

TUS is made my people, everything you see here were simple ideas at first. Then we do a lot of updates to make them suit our needs. It has always been like this and I'm trying to keep it this way. So maybe today you see 'TUS lacks something', but tomorrow, TUS has it for sure.

TUS values sportsmanship a lot. TUS values many things. It has a more clear and friendly community than before. All I'm saying is that TUS is a site of improvement. It grows.

Since you've focused on Cups more than anyone else and you have many experiences as you mentioned I'd like to offer you to be a global mod on cups of course if you care about improving TUS and you think you can handle it.

Rok:

--- Quote from: DarkOne on January 01, 2010, 08:16 PM ---...
I for one have had enough of people like FaD that gladly make use of other people's hard work and give nothing but trouble in return.
I for one, will not be a part of TUS any more if mods/admins don't take a stand against this kind of behaviour.

--- End quote ---

Are we talking about 2 games here, one in bungee cup and one in sheep race cup? We've seen a greater amount of 'pus' D1, is that really enough to ban someone or for you to give up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version