Forums > TUS Discussion

More map categories

<< < (4/4)

Kaleu:
I think it's a good idea to implement this and give better recognition to some schemes.
Furthermore, I don't think TUS competes with WMDB, it doesn't make sense to be an exact mirror of the categories there. ;D
edit: It's not exact, wmdb has few more (more reasons to add more categories.)

MonkeyIsland:
I'd definitely add more map categories. I don't think the current list reflects the community correctly.

--- Quote from: FoxHound on November 26, 2022, 02:26 AM ---I still don't have a good number to suggest, but if only one more category be added, that would be great already.

--- End quote ---

Are you saying you need only one more category to be added for now?

FoxHound:

--- Quote from: MonkeyIsland on November 27, 2022, 05:03 PM ---Are you saying you need only one more category to be added for now?

--- End quote ---

What I meant is that previously I had said that all schemes deserve a new category, but that would be a very big change and also infinite, because every time a new scheme be added, a new category would be needed, making a huge list. That comment might had weakened my suggestion, so I said that at least one more category on TUS maps would be a progress, since they are the same for years. It's better than nothing. However, of course I would prefer more.

But thinking on this hypothesis of one single extra map category to be added on TUS, what I would suggest is to split Miscellaneous one into Creative/Original ideas and Generic maps.

This would be great to make people easily find new schemes/new map designs/new ideas without needing to search in the middle of hundreds of maps designed for any schemes (usually normal gameplay schemes), maps that the player made but not for a specific scheme in mind, maps that are basically one cool image that someone wanted to transform into a map, without thinking on a scheme.

So, basically, I think that in an ideal scenario schemes that already have more than 5 maps made by different players could receive a proper category, specially if the scheme already has competitive events. All those other schemes that have only 1 map or 2 made by 1 guy only should go to the Creative ideas category. Generic/multiple schemes maps category would be the real Miscellaneous one.

Kaleu:
Maybe just suggest some schemes too?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version