Forums > TUS Discussion

Roper changes

(1/9) > >>

Dub-c:
Why does roper have sd? Since I started playing WA I never understood it and I think there should be no sd in roper.

Also I think there should be a rule that all tus roper games should be done on a random map. The same roper map packs have been in rotation for too long.

beer:
why not? i alwys play with it. its bad for you? also for who play vs u.
about maps, start talking with ur clanmates, its a begin

Free:
I wouldn't mind taking SD off.

I also wouldn't mind the idea of a 'map pool', ie. 20 accepted roper maps from which map has to be chosen, same with RR. It's only fair to offer equal chance for all participants.

NAiL:
thats a good idea, many are guilty of map bashing, but a map pool would just complicate things somewhat.

I mean people could still pick only 1 or 2 maps from the map pool right? Or even play all the maps lots if they have more free time than another player... this would be quite some effort to moderate.

Most players can usually agree on a map to be played. If one player belives that the selected map is being map bashed by the opponant, then they can always ask them to change it. If the player refuses to change it, then its clear he is a map basher, this wont do him any favours in the long run.

I dont think its nessecary to play a random map each time, many people are not good at creating/editing maps in map editor. This would take up time and become frustrating (many people will not be bothered to do this). There would also be tons of complaints about bad maps from bad editing, resulting in a one sided or unfair game.

I still belive that at the end of the day, on most occasions the better player will win even if the map is being map bashed, so its not really that much of a problem.

I'd be happy to see SD removed, although I'd also be happy with SD after 15mins, with an enforced wxw rule.
Each player MUST wxw during sd, failing to do so resulting in a skip or even possibly a surrender.

This would require far more consistant roping on every turn in SD, and so icnrease the risk of a fall and mean that no turns can be spent falling at the start, then roping back to the hide with 10 seconds to spare.

Dub-c:

--- Quote from: beer on November 18, 2009, 11:43 PM ---why not? i alwys play with it. its bad for you? also for who play vs u.
about maps, start talking with ur clanmates, its a begin

--- End quote ---

Its doesn't have to be bad for me to disagree with it. I think sd gives me an advantage. It just to have a good 10 or 15 minute roper be decided by going wall 2 wall doesn't make sense. Thats not what a roper is.

Why would I talk to my clanmates you arrogant shit, I'm talking to everyone about it.

Yea maps is whatever, I'll play any map. There is no such thing as a bad. With skills you will win on any map. I'm just sick of the playing the same maps.

My main concern was SD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version