Forums > Promotion Project

A Spiritual Successor to W:A

<< < (2/22) > >>

Tomtysti:
This is awesome! Good luck with the project! Just followed your Youtube and Twitch :)

Triad:
Also one of the most important feature of WA is replays. Thanks to replays TUS Leagues, Cups/Tournaments, Challenges works like a charm for example. Good luck with the project.

Bamboy:
Yeah I've been hearing a lot about Hedgewars. I will check it out eventually.

I am not sure how I would go about doing replays. If they are a big deal then I will look into them for sure.

I never got into the community aspect of W:A outside of the game (as can be noticed by my 3 posts), so all of these tournaments, clans and stuff is completely new news for me. Help with what strengthens the W:A community would help greatly.

I have also thought about having services integrated into the game for easy sharing of maps/schemes but I absolutely do not have the knowledge of how to implement these things or manage the servers that would be required.

I woke up late today but I will be streaming dev shortly if anyone is interested.  https://www.twitch.tv/bamboy360

Xrayez:
Oh boy, here comes competitor  :D

I have very similar attitude towards developing that kind of game like W:A, but I'm still learning to make something (though I have much more experience with community and it needs). I made some stuff in Gamemaker back days, not particularly W:A style game.

Do you feel like Unity tools/engine are enough for your needs or do they limit you in some way?

P.S. Sophomore in Computer Science  :-[

Bamboy:
Unity is basically a renderer for C# just with a crap load of built in utilities. There are some security type things depending on platform you're targeting but other than that there isn't much you can't do.
I'm still learning myself. I'm a self taught programmer specifically with unity. Been at it for ~4 years now. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version