Forums > Promotion Project

A Spiritual Successor to W:A

<< < (19/22) > >>

Bamboy:

--- Quote from: Xrayez on March 11, 2017, 05:22 PM ---Bamboy, do you implement pixel-perfect collision detection or just creating collision polygons based on images?

--- End quote ---
Earlier builds used polygons, but I went out of my way to create my own pixel perfect collision system after discovering polygons just wouldn't cut it.

Xrayez:

--- Quote from: Bamboy on March 11, 2017, 05:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Xrayez on March 11, 2017, 05:22 PM ---Bamboy, do you implement pixel-perfect collision detection or just creating collision polygons based on images?

--- End quote ---
Earlier builds used polygons, but I went out of my way to create my own pixel perfect collision system after discovering polygons just wouldn't cut it.

--- End quote ---

Do you see any disadvantages of using pixel perfect collision system compared to collision polygons? I'm just working on similar stuff and would like to know your opinion.

Bamboy:
The quality of vector math done against polygons will be a lot better than those done vs pixel perfect, however getting the polygons to accurately conform to the pixels while also balancing performance is a challenge.

Bamboy:
Holy crap why did nobody tell me that the downloads page on itchio only links to v0.1.22???

WTF-8:
Because the download link isn't visible enough. Maybe I'm just dumb but I haven't noticed it in the first post, nor in your signature. I highly doubt someone's going to check out all 7 pages here just to find it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version