Forums > Promotion Project

Advertising

(1/10) > >>

Free:
This thread is for ideas how to advertise, and most importantly how to advertise on constant basis.

Impossible:
1st of all need to think about the contingent of people we aiming for.
Big tutorial video is great for newcomers, but not for our contingent. We need something different
Imagine you are the guy who wants to play smth, and dont know what to choose. If you will make a vid or write post on some forum remember to show/tell how simple setting all up on worms, tell about open multiplayer, drop link of web snooper. Its much easier to open link than download something, so when they see the server going online and you can join any game just download the game 1st they will do nothing but try to get W:A, the question is how long will they search for it? Important here to link them just directly to worms download link. W:A Battle Pack come up very useful here, with latest update and repacked to 40 mb but with ability to play online, everyone can download it, even ppl with terrible connection
2nd step must be introducing to the awesomeness of the game, saying there is new updates time-by-time means saying nothing, much senseful will be posting mods made for W:A, Portal Gun for W:A is great example
And finishing should be about perspective of playing, tell about simple league, about making your own clan with friends and challenging top players, about amount of league schemes and becoming the top on the standing. Last thing you should post is again link to the game, big letters approves!

Free:
So far my advertisment consists of gaming forums in Finland and I'm currently working on an article to send on a Finnish gaming magazine(s), I want an professional done stream and promovideo to go along with it before I send it out though. It's not going to be a big community we're going to get from Finland.

So I'm asking for a favor that you send out advertisment threads on big forums that have gaming categories on your country / forums that you know of and mention about our streams. We want to have a really professional stream to present for them so the time to advertise (I think) is not just yet. Perhaps when we have a date set with the streaming tournaments weekend and we have everything under control and working nicely with the stream, then we mass-advertise.

But start naming your ideas here. :)

Thanks for all

barman:
We are planning to organize another big stream event before the clanner playoffs. We are currently waiting for a response from some people we'd like to get involved in our project, and then we will post an announcement about that event, which should be reposted on external forums.

On Thursday, we got a peak of 150 people just from TUS and two Finnish gamer boards, that makes us aim for at least 1000 watchers next time!
It would now be cool if we made a list of people who are capable of helping us advertise. We will then post a reminder to make a global announcement about 24 hours before the stream :D

So far we have:

Free - Finnish gaming communities
Impo - Russian gaming boards (can you post more details please?)
barman - reddit.com/r/gaming
Crazy - Norwegian gaming boards
Berria - Polish gaming boards

Anyone else?

Crazy:
I can try and look for some Norwegian games forum and advertise there, though it's a little bit out of my league as I've never been a hardcore gamer :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version