Forums > Promotion Project

PichulaNET (beta)

<< < (2/3) > >>

TheWalrus:
I remember GusanoNET, great place, very non toxic, good people, free drinks

The fire rat hung out there was a good party

lolicon-guy:
Well, here it is. Beta versions of this MyWormNET-like software.

WA Version (PichulaNET v0.9a) [attachment=4]
WWP Version (PichulaNET v0.9b) [attachment=5]
ChanServ update: here

Make sure to read those readme files to know the requirements. Flaming bar settings won't work for WA, only WWP. Instead, you can use wkFlamingHealthBars.

Yep, supports rankings, weekly "season" (or whatever) and all, but maps can't be changed though. Too bad. On the other hand, it's a complete server, showing all functions the frontend could possibly handle.

Fully written in PHP, including IRC server and bots. To put it simple, both can and do connect to the same database, using the same API; which means all parts can be fully connected. IRC server is a modified version of DanoServ, fixing bugs and compatibility. Also, I ported d4d's authping/pong code to it. Ported d4d's work to WA, completed the admin panel, made some arrangement.

WA Version's #PartyTime channel is special. It is currently hardcoded to connect to Team17's #AnythingGoes channel; its game list and the ability to host. To top it, it includes a very old bot of mine, HostingBridge, which allows users to communicate host requests to Team17's HostingBuddy (by stealing your nick lol). I'm not going to deal with chat connection though.

WWP Version requires the attached files below, else the hosted games list won't appear. Must be installed on game's root folder.

Tested in XAMPP with PHP 7.4.29. Windows 7.

More testing IS necessary. This is what I have for now, it works and does it well.
I doubt I'd continue doing this project.

Credits to d4d for the Admin panel and WWP reverse engineering. Thanks to Danopia for his DanoServ IRC Server.

Snoopers aren't supported, the reason, in short, is due to how they login into the server, from design level.
Great Snooper will try to connect to IRC directly and get constantly kicked by ChanServ, game list isn't visible, hosting isn't possible. There's no option to input a password.
Wheat Snooper couldn't connect at all; Secure logging isn't an option, because is restricted to wormnet1's address.

MonkeyIsland:
Thanks for sharing.

lolicon-guy:
Update, just fixed ChanServ's annoyance.

nizikawa:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version