Forums > Promotion Project

PichulaNET (beta)

(1/3) > >>

lolicon-guy:
EDIT: Release post is just a couple messages below, or you can click here. Project is discontinued.

Hello. Time ago I hosted a server named Gusanonet, where rankings and medals worked (though glitchy with snoopers and exotic nicks). For it I have investigated a lot (thanks CleanAir for you searchable nick), i.e. how the points system work, the leagues, all the stuff. I even reached an official page with wayback machine featuring a score board, congratulating players and so on. Not everything was implemented back then, the goal was to have fun making something presentable and functional enough, making some of WA's dead code, undead code.
Turns out the server was a complete failure.

However, I promised I'd share the source code back then, but the simple truth is that I lost it. So what do I do? Make it again. I'm not going to host it this time (I don't want to "split the community"), but I'd release the software, just like MyWormNET. Fully written in PHP, including IRC server and bots.

The big question is, do you care? Am I doing something good or wasting my time?
All I'd need is your approval, and perhaps some help developing a wormkit module so maps can actually be changed in ranked channels (i.e. required to play some ranked shopper or such).

Snooper support is not yet planned.

MonkeyIsland:
I appreciate your effort but I don't think the community would switch to an alternative server as long as the official WormNet exists. Deadcode could modify the current W:A build to switch the official WN server and I think that requires Team17 approval. Even then, we'd be having different versions of W:A which point to different WN servers. Remember as of today still not everyone is using the latest build.

Lupastic:
it would be nice to have a place/server where the moderation is equally balanced, where the mods are normal healthy people, able to judge every confrontation rationally and fairly :) also: registration available, no more nick-stealing etc. I wouldn't care too much about the rate system and medals and such. just registration

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/wormnet-moderations-34822/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tech-support/identity-theft-abuse-33934/

although, I feel like it is "too late" at this point :D everyone got used to this probably by now. the shitsteam of wormnet :D as for myself I would stay on the server where you can find the most players. if you'd manage to do this, and a daily amount of 5-10 people would go up on your server and stay AFK the whole tme, then it is really wormnet that remains to us, and the mods of wormnet sadly ;c I would gladly change to something else though.

Lupastic:
this should have come up in like 2012. also, wouldn't the most of us - europeans? - lag very often if your server would be stated in south america? oO

lolicon-guy:
Ahhhhh no, I won't host a server this time, I'll just release the software/source code as if it was a more complete version of MyWormNET. Same deal, free use, anyone could host a server. After all, when I was a child we used to do MyWormNET experiments all over the hamachi groups, trying out different versions and setups, and that's how I learnt some basics on web programming; all I wanted was to revive the old times, when I wanted to see a server so functional that could revive some of the game's unused code.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version