Forums > General discussion

A thought about WWP

<< < (2/6) > >>

Kradie:

--- Quote from: StepS on September 27, 2017, 04:12 PM ---This question keeps getting asked, but since the original T17 thread is buried, I'll repeat the answer: it's because Deadcode bought Worms Armageddon.

--- End quote ---

OH, well thank you for not reading!
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/deadcode-cybershadow-team17-31354/

Now it all makes sense.

Although I am more confused now. If Deadcode bought WA, why is it on sale on Steam?

WhiteRqbbit:
I think you misunderstood that Kradie :D

I guess he bought a WA CD to play and didnt have a WWP CD to play it. So when he started coding he just had WA and not WWP....

skunk3:
I can't remember exact dates and such, but I do remember a time in which WWP was definitely more popular / active than W:A. A very large number of people switched to WWP for quite a while... that is, until some of the W:A updates made it worth switching back, even at the expense of some of the WWP features.

I just think it's a shame that W:A is the game that got updated rather than WWP.

TheWalrus:

--- Quote from: skunk3 on October 03, 2017, 06:16 AM ---I can't remember exact dates and such, but I do remember a time in which WWP was definitely more popular / active than W:A. A very large number of people switched to WWP for quite a while... that is, until some of the W:A updates made it worth switching back, even at the expense of some of the WWP features.

I just think it's a shame that W:A is the game that got updated rather than WWP.

--- End quote ---
WWP was more popular than WA for about 3 months at the very most, I played both for the first year WWP was around.  Sales numbers will confirm why WA is still the more used game.  Consumers realized WWP was a ripoff and didn't buy it in the same numbers as WA.  Don't know why you want the useless wormpot modes WWP shipped with, no one really used them anyways, at least those that participated in league sites like cl2k and TUS, which is what we are messaging on right now. 

HHC:
I do miss the pot  :(

I remember we had a way more active WWP league at WL, but indeed, it was not for very long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version