Forums > General discussion

active?

<< < (2/9) > >>

Kradie:

--- Quote from: lalo on September 21, 2017, 11:44 AM ---Those random noobs are casual players, they come and go and don't last much in this game playing Super Sheeper, Hyst and Shopper. They have little to no impact in this game and community.

Face the reality, Mr Smart Ass.

--- End quote ---

Mr Lalo, it is true what you just wrote, people come, and people go, this is the essence of life. I like to think that we were all casual players at some points. But the more time we invest in the game, the more committed we become. People can be devoted to this game, is it that hard to believe beginners of today might share a common interest? 

Sensei:
Hosting buddy doesn't lagg. It lagged for few days month ago.
Are you guys even hosting any games or just speaking randomly? :)

Senator:

--- Quote from: Sensei on September 21, 2017, 12:18 PM ---Hosting buddy doesn't lagg. It lagged for few days month ago.

--- End quote ---

The last time I tested (WormNat2) was 1,5 weeks ago and it did lag. It had lagged for weeks, not a few days.

Kradie:

--- Quote from: Senator on September 21, 2017, 12:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sensei on September 21, 2017, 12:18 PM ---Hosting buddy doesn't lagg. It lagged for few days month ago.

--- End quote ---

The last time I tested (WormNat2) was 1,5 weeks ago and it did lag. It had lagged for weeks, not a few days.

--- End quote ---

WormNat2 still lags, but according to CyberShadow the lags should cease to stop at the end of this month. Although I am cautiously optimistic.

Anubis:

--- Quote from: Kradie on September 21, 2017, 12:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: lalo on September 21, 2017, 11:44 AM ---Those random noobs are casual players, they come and go and don't last much in this game playing Super Sheeper, Hyst and Shopper. They have little to no impact in this game and community.

Face the reality, Mr Smart Ass.

--- End quote ---

Mr Lalo, it is true what you just wrote, people come, and people go, this is the essence of life. I like to think that we were all casual players at some points. But the more time we invest in the game, the more committed we become. People can be devoted to this game, is it that hard to believe beginners of today might share a common interest?

--- End quote ---

I was devoted to this game right from the beginning. The moment I saw the online part of W:A, was the moment I knew I was gonna spent years on this because of the amazing possibilities. Gamers have changed, you see it everywhere. They buy/play a game and want to finish it and be rewarded instantly. W:A is the complete opposite of that. It takes months and some schemes even years to get good at. If you think CS or LoL or Dota2 are skillful games then you are right, but to become great (all schemes) in W:A you could become great at all 3 games in that time. Most of the hardcore W:A guys that became great all-rounders spent easily 6-7 years of their life to get to that point. I have seen CS:GO players at the age of 16 that only played ~2 years and were top notch players. There was not a single W:A player that was top notch in every scheme after 2 years.

Also, you BECOME casual not mature out of it. The older you get, the less likely it will be that you are hardcore. So if a teenager or young adult is already a casual it's very likely he/she is never gonna go hardcore. I was hardcore throughout my entire life, with gaming being #1 priority for the most part. I still consider myself heavily invested in gaming, but not to the same extent as I used to be. I would have never played f@#!ing children card games when I was 16 or 18. Now I do, they are chill and let me relax a little bit in-between games that require 100% attention.

Btw, I don't mind casuals or less hardcore players, it doesn't matter if you enjoy the game. It's just a different attitude towards gaming, mostly if you have a competitive vein for gaming. If you don't chances are you are not that hardcore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version