Forums > General discussion

Can't run this game

(1/2) > >>

Pixy:
I always get some kind of error when trying to run the game, but today I've managed to actually run
Wurmz for a few secs (in safe mode) before it crashed (but for no apparent error).
It only worked because the resolution was set to 800 x 600 for default, and apparently
Shiticon Integrated Shitstems won't let me change mah resolution from 1366 x 768 in unsafe mode.

Helps?

Don't forget to smite me  :)

Mo0k:
Well first of all dont even bother running on safe mode because whats the point...... anyway you dont give much info like what pc,screen card,operativ system you got etc and if you had in working b4. Lets just try reinstall the game and update it with patch and new update on WA t17 site. If that dont work tell abit more about the prob....maybe what kind of error you get ;) Im sure many here have had the prob or can help you out :)

Pixy:
I only tried safe mode to make sure the RESOLUTION was the prob.
It's a crappy note/net book hybrid that runs even crappier Windows 7 starter, at 1366 x 768 resolution (cannot be changed) with epic failure SiS Mirage 3 Graphics (SiS 672 Series) and Intel pentium dual core.
Withouth the patch It just crashes, with it I get "Unable to set desired video mode"(Which I believe to be the resolution).
It never worked before, but I got to the title screen in safe mode.

Ray:
Have you installed the patch? NOT the update, the 3.0 patch? If you did, did you make sure that the game you installed was not already 3.0 before?

If you missed that, it's the cause of your problem and this kind of behaviour sounds like a typical symptom.

Rok:

--- Quote from: Pixy on October 28, 2010, 01:30 AM ---Withouth the patch It just crashes, with it I get "Unable to set desired video mode"(Which I believe to be the resolution).
It never worked before, but I got to the title screen in safe mode.

--- End quote ---

The title screen and all the menus are always displayed in fullscreen 640*480 resolution. Some graphic cards don't support that resolution (aparently yours doesn't) and there's your problem. Check worms2d.info wiki for more info, I think it's possible to emulate worms to workaround this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version