Forums > General discussion

Crates and weapons delay

<< < (2/14) > >>

LeTotalKiller:
I thought Minigun crates were supposed to wait until those 5 turns were over.

Gauntlet:

--- Quote from: LeTotalKiller on August 28, 2014, 01:01 PM ---I thought Minigun crates were supposed to wait until those 5 turns were over.

--- End quote ---
I thought that too.
I noticed this when in a game I found Mad Cows at first turn, even if delay was set to 2.

Then I tried with Minigun and Homing Missile and it was the same
Try, make crate 100% and set delay to whatever you want

StepS:
In order to delay a weapon it must have a nonzero ammo. So, you need to have at least one minigun in the scheme by default. Setting the delay to 255 will forbid the use of that weapon (for example, infinite donkeys with a 255 delay result in a ban of donkey crates, even if you get them).

Deadcode:

--- Quote from: Xrayez on August 28, 2014, 11:20 AM ---It's not a bug I think, it's just the way it was programmed

--- End quote ---

This is true, but it was a bad design decision. It makes zero ammo + nonzero delay act exactly the same as zero ammo + zero delay, meaning a particular combination of scheme values is completely useless whereas without this, it would be useful.

So I will remove this limitation in the next version of W:A.

There's another related bug/flaw. When a weapon's delay becomes zero, it takes another turn before it can fall in a crate. This creates a discontinuity between delay=0 and delay=1; something with delay=0 can fall on the first turn, but something with delay=1 can't fall until the third turn.

--- Quote from: StepS on August 28, 2014, 02:09 PM ---(for example, infinite donkeys with a 255 delay result in a ban of donkey crates, even if you get them).

--- End quote ---

This is of course only useful for superweapons, because you currently can't set their crate probability.

A 128..255 value is actually interpreted as -128..-1 respectively, and negative delays are specifically treated by the game as infinite delays (so even after 65536 turns or more it'd still be delayed).

While it's true that you wouldn't be able to use an infinitely delayed weapon even if you collected it in a crate, the game disallows delayed weapons from falling in crates. The only way to collect one would be to collect a Crate Shower crate first.

Gauntlet:
Wow cool, is there anything else we can except from the new version?
PS: I haven't played this game since 2005 so I might be a bit rusty and it'd be great if you could me update on the progress and such things

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version